Brandy Murry Blenders

SJDodd

Hi All - it's been a while!  I just purchased Brandy Murry's Background Blenders 7 and am confused.  There are several .png files, several .jpg files and several .psd files.  Within the .psd files there are sometimes 2 layers.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to use these.  Do I select only one layer in the .psd file?  Attach my layout paper to only that one layer?  Also, the .png and .jpg files are really tiny - what are they used for?  Sorry, never was this confused about blenders before!  Bought these with the intention of using them as she did on the layout with a blonde woman featured in the detailed images.

Thanks for any help!

Sandy

Hi Sandy, I looked at those background blenders and while I don’t have them, I’d guess that is what you’d do with the psd files.   Normally with the blenders I will select a layer and then attach or clip either a photo or a background to it.   Then I’d do that with each layer until all the layers have something attached to it.

I’m not sure about the .png or .jpg files or why they would be small.    Hopefully someone will come along who’s used these or maybe you could try sending a PM to Brandy herself.   

@SJDodd  Sandy, I assume you are using a program that works with PSD files.

The PNG files are usually included for people using programs such as Artisan who cannot use PSD. The PNGs are added separately to the page. The JPEG should be a preview which might make it look like a small image.

You might find this video by Brandy helpful  HERE

Hi. I just saw this and thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth. I have Brandy's Background Blenders 7 and what I see is that they are layered .psd files along with separate .png files for people whose software programs can't use .psd files. The small .jpegs are there only as previews of each blender and not to be used for scrapping. It looks to me like Brandy used BGB7_2 for the picture of the blonde woman. BGB7_2 has three layers plus the layer for a photo. Hope that helps!

I see Anne-Marie answered the same time as I did. :) 

The ladies are right! The PNG files are for NON Photoshop Users and the JPGS are just previews so you know which PSD file to pick.

For the layout with the blonde lady, the photo is actually on the back and 2 blender layers ore on top with papers clipped to them.

Hope this helps!

20 minutes ago, Brandy M said:

The ladies are right! The PNG files are for NON Photoshop Users and the JPGS are just previews so you know which PSD file to pick.

For the layout with the blonde lady, the photo is actually on the back and 2 blender layers ore on top with papers clipped to them.

Hope this helps!

Hi Brandy!   You’re the best, Happy Thanksgiving over there!  :) 

I hope all those directions help. When I download anything that has all those choices of files I only keep what I can use. The PSD's to use in the layers on LO and the jpg to review what it looks like.  Good luck with them and we would love to see what you did with it.

1 hour ago, alsoarty said:

How did I miss these blenders!? Thanks for asking about them, they are now in my cart. Brandy is great!

AR.....It was part of the ScrapSimple Club a few years ago. That's why you probably didn't see it. Glad you found something new to play with ;)