Project: A December to Remember!

Mikelle

December is a busy month for a lot of us, full of holidays, visiting friends and family, baking, shopping, wrapping, decorating. Here at Scrap Girls, our theme this month is SLOW DOWN… Slow down and enjoy where you are, what you’re doing, and who you’re with, rather than frantically preparing for the next moment.  To help you do this, and to help document your December this year, Angie put together the daily prompt graphic below.

You can use the daily prompts in several different ways: If you are participating in Project Life, use the prompts to finish your 2019 book.  If you’d like to concentrate on taking some incredible photos, SG has great photo book layout templates to help you showcase them; consider writing notes about each day’s photo shoot, too.  If December is particularly busy and full of action, you may want to create a book entirely about December, with a page a day.

As extra incentive, there are PRIZES involved! Each week that you complete a layout using the prompts, you will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to the SG Shop.  To be eligible, you must post that week’s layout by Sunday midnight EST.  For those of you who complete layouts for the entire month (at least one layout per week for the 5 weeks in December), you will be entered into the grand prize drawing for a $20 gift certificate to the SG Shop.  To be eligible for the grand prize drawing, you needn’t post your layouts each week, but make sure to post all 5 layouts representing each week by January 5th 2020 midnight EST.  So if you get behind, you can still catch up and have a chance at the grand prize!

To participate in A December to Remember, simply post an “I’m in!” message in this thread, along with the following:

Week 1 (1-8th)

Week 2 (9-15th)

Week 3 (16-22nd)

Week 4 (23rd – 29th)

Week 5 (30-31st)

Post your finished layouts in the December to Remember Gallery.  Then, as you complete your layouts, come back to your post and add a link to the corresponding week.  Remember, you may create more than one layout a week, but to be eligible for prizes, you must have at least one layout per week.  Let’s have a memorable December!  Here are the Daily Prompts:

DailyPrompt.jpg.2b3eb466e0ce4cf3e748a6abfc100983.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll give this a try... not sure how I will go at the end of the month as I will be away.

Week 1 (1-8th) -  Christmas Tree

Week 2 (9-15th) - Christmas Cards

Week 3 (16-22nd) - Holiday Baking

Week 4 (23rd – 29th)  I am going to use the Favourite Ornment for this week

Week 5 (30-31st) - Favorite Moment of the Year

I'm in

Week 1 (1-8th)  #24...'Tis the Season....'
                        Project Life_Front Cover

#12_Sugar and Spice
                        #8_Holiday Music

Week 2 (9th-15th) #9_Bundle Up
                          #10_Joy is.....

Week 3 (16-22nd)  Project Life 2019_November  
                          #21_Merry
                          #17_Christmas Lights
                           #7_Something Red
                           #16_HolidayBaking
week 4 (22nd-29th)  #27_In The Box
                            #26_The Best Present
                            Project 2019_December pg 1&2

Week 5 (30-31st) #28_Beautiful Sight
                          #31_Countdown

5 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

If were not posting to Project Life is there a gallery where we post?

Jane, you can find the gallery HERE

Nothing ventured...nothing gained, right?  I've been really under the weather with a nasty cold these last three days, but 

I'm in!

Week 1 (1 - 8th)  First Nutcracker  This is for the 8th prompt, Holiday Music

Week 2 (9 - 15th)  Sugar and Spice This is for the 12th prompt, Sugar and Spice, of course!

Week 3 (16 - 22nd)  Baking Pies This is for the 16th prompt, Holiday Baking

Week4 (23 - 29th)  Glorious Mess  This is for the 29th prompt, Beautiful Sight

Week 5 (30 -31st)  Countdown to Christmas  This is for the 31st prompt, Countdown

siggie-Sept-19.jpg

I'm in!

Week 1 (1-8th) #2 Snowflake  #6 Winter Weather  #4 Christmas Tree #7 Red

Week 2 (9-15th) #9 Bundle Up  #14 Cards

Week 3 (16-22nd) #20 Ornament  #22 Frozen

Week 4 (23rd – 29th) #24 Tis the Season, #27 In the Box, # 28 Beautiful Sight

Week 5 (30-31st) #21 Merry, #31 Countdown to New Year

I'm in!

Week 1 (1-8th) #7 something red
                      #3 favourite movie
                      #8 Holiday Music

Week 2 (9-15th)

Week 3 (16-22nd) #18 Hot chocolate
                           #6 winter weather

Week 4 (23rd – 29th)

Week 5 (30-31st)

Here are mine for the month:

Week 1 (1-8th): Let It Snow (#6 Winter Weather)

Week 2 (9-15th)  Winter Sledding Memories (#9 Bundle Up)

Week 3 (16-22nd) Yummy Deliciousness (#16 Holiday Baking)

Week 4 (23rd – 29th) Season for Sweets (#24 Tis the Season For...)

Week 5 (30-31st) Stayed for the Azaleas (#30 Favorite Moment of the Year)

Wow Mikelle it was a great month of challenges and great memory pages. Thank you for you hard work. It was great seeing everyone's December to Remember

Week 1 (1-8th) My Christmas Tree

Week 2 (9-15th) Week #2

Our Cards

Week 3 (16-22nd) Merry Christmas Pond House lights

Ornament

Week 4 (23rd – 29th) Christmas Morning

Week 5 (30-31st) Countdown to Christmas Eve

Wow Scrappers you are making amazing pages for the is December to Remember. I have been slacking and so busy with personal stuff that I have not been around but I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Wow, there are already several layouts!  I will LSL later.  How has everyone been doing with the daily prompts?  I got behind yesterday - I had a hard time deciding which holiday movie is my favorite!  Today's prompt is easy, though.  We have one main Christmas tree and 4 smaller ones.  I just have to decide which one to take a photo of!

I think I'm doing this wrong. Are we supposed to be using prompts 1-8 for the first week
                                          then 9-15 the 2nd week and so on

or can we do any prompt in any week,  like I did, prompt 24 and prompt 12 for week 1 

I'm confused as everybody so far has done them for the first 8 days only.

1 hour ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I think I'm doing this wrong. Are we supposed to be using prompts 1-8 for the first week
                                          then 9-15 the 2nd week and so on

or can we do any prompt in any week,  like I did, prompt 24 and prompt 12 for week 1 

I'm confused as everybody so far has done them for the first 8 days only.

Jane, I'd say as long as you're posting at least one layout a week using the prompts, it doesn't matter which prompts you use (or post all 5 layouts by the final deadline for the grand prize).  The original thought was to use the prompts on their given dates (the numbers are Dec dates), but I don't see why you have to restrict yourself if you don't want to.  The point is to enjoy documenting your December, and to end up with several layouts about your December, using the prompts in some way.

yeah...I agree with Mikelle.  I don't want this to be a strict "by the book" type of thing.  It really is all about slowing down and enjoying the little things with December. If the prompts for the first week don't work for you, then pull from one that does.  Maybe that first week will work better towards the end of the month.  Again it's all about documenting and enjoying your December

I need to join in now that we are back from our mini-vaca. This morning Jay and I are Santa and Mrs Claus for the kids at the community center its fun but there goes 1/2 my day. We ride over in a fire truck so it's kinda neat and the kids love it.

I plan to do some pages this afternoon everyone's pages are so nice.

Have a good day everyone.

Everyone's layouts look great so far!  I haven't made my first one yet - I have a lot of catching up to do on Project Life, but I'm thinking I will do my December pages in the same way as my PL pages, and use them for PL.  I'll have my December layouts done before most of the others, lol.  I have been taking the daily photos, though - doing that really helps keep me on track for PL, too.

How's everyone else doing?  The gallery looks wonderful!

On 12/7/2019 at 6:26 AM, Boatlady said:

I need to join in now that we are back from our mini-vaca. This morning Jay and I are Santa and Mrs Claus for the kids at the community center its fun but there goes 1/2 my day. We ride over in a fire truck so it's kinda neat and the kids love it.

I plan to do some pages this afternoon everyone's pages are so nice.

Have a good day everyone.

I love seeing the photos of Santa and Mrs Claus - I remember when you did that last year!

18 hours ago, beatricemi said:

You all have really gotten off to a good start with this challenge. I'm really enjoying looking over all the pages. I'm thinking about what to do next. There is so much going on this time of year.

Bea, I know, I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything going on in my house!  I wouldn't have it any different, I suppose, but it's hard to keep track of everything.  This time of year is great for photo fodder, but sparse on time for scrapping all the photos!