Project Life 2020

angleigh

On 1/1/2020 at 11:36 PM, angleigh said:

Ok...like I said I spent WAY too long looking at ideas today.  I really love the whole photobook take on it, but I'm still not sure (thankfully I have a few days to make up my mind)  I did create these templates to use if I go that way though.  They might be in the store this week.  And I did a couple of sample layouts showing how they might be used...which is probably what i'll do if I go this direction.

ABR_BYOP_LO1.jpg

ABR_BYOP_LO2.jpg

ABR_BYOP_VPMKTG.jpg

OMG I was thinking of doing my whole book in B&W with pops of color or maybe one color photo per page. I am going to get your template set so I can speed up my scrapping. Last year I never finished so I am hoping a folder with a few chosen supplies and this template will help me  complete the book. I certainly have enough happening that I can fill a book!!! I may switch from weekly to daily....I would love to try daily but scrapping/ posting  is harder in the summer on the boat. I'm also going to stick to Fonts in PSE that will make things easier also not searching my extensive Font collection.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

Trying to read through the guidelines, but didn't see the answer to my question that is, if we do the weekly project, is there is requisite number of photos to use on the page, or is it totally up to us?  Also, is it to be a double page layout?  or can it be a single page for a week?

yeap...totally up to you how many pages and photos on your layouts.

15 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

OMG I was thinking of doing my whole book in B&W with pops of color or maybe on color photo per page. I am going to get your template set so I can speed up my scrapping. Last year I never finished so I am hoping a folder with a few chosen supplies and this template will help me  complete the book. I certainly have enough happening that I can fill a book!!! I may switch from weekly to daily....I would love to try daily but scrapping/ posting  is harder in the summer on the boat. I'm also going to stick to Fonts in PSE that will make things easier also not searching my extensive Font collection.

This is probably the option i'll use.  I'll end up doing 2 pages for each week.  I made the templates so some pages were alot of photos others were just a couple.  I'll use the one with a few photos as an intro page, i'll put the week and a short write up on the prompt I used.  Then the 2nd page will be all photos.

I also did a sample layout mixing color and black and white

ABR_BYOP_LO3.jpg

ABR_BYOP_LO4.jpg

I'm in.  I have been doing Project Life but haven't posted much this year.  I've gotten into a good routine with monthly layouts and just have December to complete.  Yeah!  I love how this scrapbooking has documented my grand kids growing up.  (I have three in college now - yikes how did that happen?)  So wish I had done project life when my kids were small.

8 minutes ago, Scrapin Pat said:

I'm in.  I have been doing Project Life but haven't posted much this year.  I've gotten into a good routine with monthly layouts and just have December to complete.  Yeah!  I love how this scrapbooking has documented my grand kids growing up.  (I have three in college now - yikes how did that happen?)  So wish I had done project life when my kids were small.

Awesome!  And when you get in a routine it makes it so much easier.  And you have some great books to look back on and share with family!

Fairly new Digital Scrapbooker here and totally new member of ScrapGirls!  So excited for PL2020 Challenge.  To get me started in the Digital Scrapbooking world, in 2018 I did a scrapbook page for each month.  Yes, it was time consuming but I totally caught the bug and now I'm hooked.  My hope is that I can keep up so any advice from you avid scrapbookers would be greatly appreciated.  I took Angie's advice and downloaded the EVERYDAY COLLECTION.  I think keeping it simple will help me stay on task.  Happy New Year to all and I also can't wait to see your creations.  Blessings! 

2 hours ago, Stephanie H. said:

Fairly new Digital Scrapbooker here and totally new member of ScrapGirls!  So excited for PL2020 Challenge.  To get me started in the Digital Scrapbooking world, in 2018 I did a scrapbook page for each month.  Yes, it was time consuming but I totally caught the bug and now I'm hooked.  My hope is that I can keep up so any advice from you avid scrapbookers would be greatly appreciated.  I took Angie's advice and downloaded the EVERYDAY COLLECTION.  I think keeping it simple will help me stay on task.  Happy New Year to all and I also can't wait to see your creations.  Blessings! 

Welcome to Scrap Girls, Stephanie! We are fun, friendly, helpful bunch! I’m not so new at digital scrapbooking but new to project life. I’m sure of the others will have great tips for the us. Good luck and have fun!!

2 hours ago, Stephanie H. said:

Welcome!  Yes..when it comes to PL sometimes simple is the key.  That way it doesn't seem like a daunting task when you have to do your layout.

If you have any other questions just let us know!

ps.  Hope you like the Everyday Collection

18 hours ago, Stephanie H. said:

Welcome, Stephanie - can’t wait to see your pages.   I love the Everyday Collection and have used it on layouts.  :)

On 1/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, Stephanie H. said:

Welcome to Project Life 2020. I look forward to seeing your pages.

Ok!   I’m settled now with an idea I can relate to more and am excited about!  
There was this whole discussion on the Motivators thread about getting motivated and how that’s the hardest part of, well most anything.   I have been having a hard time getting myself to take my daily walks; this Christmas my niece gave me a really cool bluetooth “beanie” - headphones right in the hat that connect to my iPod.   I charged it and wanted to try it out today because I’m determined to start walking more...   But, it’s cold and windy so I wasn’t looking forward to being outside.  As I was showering (my best thinking place :hit-head-with-hammer:) I thought “I need to go outside”.   And it came to me --- take my camera with me and scrap, “A Year of Walking.... Or, the world as seen through on my feet”!    And, I liked that I idea.   I’m hoping I can scrap my thoughts or photos of  things see along the way.   I might even make it a journal where I’m adding on each day and make that into a layout.   Not sure of that part yet, I think I’ll go with the flow and however it’s happening and scrap accordingly.   A mosh-mosh of pages, but I think it might work!  
Just back from walking!   Whew..........  :whew:

18 minutes ago, MariJ said:

There was this whole discussion on the Motivators thread about getting motivated and how that’s the hardest part of, well most anything.   I have been having a hard time getting myself to take my daily walks; this Christmas my niece gave me a really cool bluetooth “beanie” - headphones right in the hat that connect to my iPod.   I charged it and wanted to try it out today because I’m determined to start walking more...   But, it’s cold and windy so I wasn’t looking forward to being outside.  As I was showering (my best thinking place :hit-head-with-hammer:) I thought “I need to go outside”.   And it came to me --- take my camera with me and scrap, “A Year of Walking.... Or, the world as seen through on my feet”!    And, I liked that I idea.   I’m hoping I can scrap my thoughts or photos of  things see along the way.   I might even make it a journal where I’m adding on each day and make that into a layout.   Not sure of that part yet, I think I’ll go with the flow and however it’s happening and scrap accordingly.   A mosh-mosh of pages, but I think it might work!  

I love that idea!

24 minutes ago, MariJ said:

How perfectly wonderful! 

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and well wishes concerning the PL 2020!  It's almost here!  I love the idea of having a yearly theme.  Walking will give you great content and pics to use.  Especially if you're in an area where the seasons change.  I thought of going with the Monthly Prompts but we'll see if that holds up when tomorrow comes.

Can't wait to start and I know we'll learn from each other.  That's what forums are all about, right?

Blessings,

Stephanie

20 hours ago, MariJ said:

What a fantastic idea! Plus, I'm like you - and do my best thinking in the shower. Back in the days of my government job, I would always think of things I needed to do - and no pencil handy to write it down. Haha.

Finally decided what I'm going to do. Taking advice and going to use Marlene Peacock's 8.5x22 Scrap It Monthly 4 series. I usually do more artsy pages using a lot of blending, so this will be a different for me. Going to use 2 of Amanda's kits. Haven't settled on the exact ones yet. Will play mix and match as to doing weekly or monthly pages. Will depend on what is happening in my life at that time. Will use the prompts for inspiration. Have an intro page written in my head so it will be a weekly. Have to get started!

MPE_SSDLAT_SIM_4_85x11_Series1_MKTG_600.jpg

MPE_SSDLAT_SIM_4_85x11_Series2_MKTG_600.jpg

MPE_SSDLAT_SIM_4_85x11_Series3_MKTG_600.jpg

Ugh. I'm sitting on my hands on this challenge, so far. :banghead: I went back and looked at the "old vacations" project that I haven't really worked on for months, and the last section literally fell into hodge podge heaven. The North Carolina/Tennessee vacation pages I have done so far (and there are a bunch) are inconsistent in color and tone, and look nowhere near as nice as the South Dakota pages. There are only a few that I think I even like. I am seriously considering going back and starting over in this section.  Do any of you struggle with going back to redo a section in a photobook? This is new territory for me.  And I can see where the Project Life challenge will keep me on track better to continue. :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

6 hours ago, Celestine said:

Ugh. I'm sitting on my hands on this challenge, so far. :banghead: I went back and looked at the "old vacations" project that I haven't really worked on for months, and the last section literally fell into hodge podge heaven. The North Carolina/Tennessee vacation pages I have done so far (and there are a bunch) are inconsistent in color and tone, and look nowhere near as nice as the South Dakota pages. There are only a few that I think I even like. I am seriously considering going back and starting over in this section.  Do any of you struggle with going back to redo a section in a photobook? This is new territory for me.  And I can see where the Project Life challenge will keep me on track better to continue. :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I had trouble in my Australia book when a few of the pages weren’t just fitting in with the others and they were not matching Left & Right as I wanted them to.   I kept trying to like them, but finally went back and did them over and was happier.    But, that only involved 2 pages;  not sure I’d be happy redoing a bunch.   Then again, the redo was so much easier because I already had the thoughts, photos, etc - so they weren’t as time consuming as doing them the first time.   

11 hours ago, Celestine said:

Yep I struggle with doing re-do's but so glad I have done otherwise I would hate to print them. Just start and it will all come together :) 

As well as continuing my daily life pages (well monthly really) and not using the prompts I'm also going to do something different as well. I've been looking through the prompts and some good ones there so I thought I'd use one of the prompts and do a full page on that particular theme each month and I usually work in 11x8.5 but will do these in 12x12 probably using the same template :)  

10 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

As well as continuing my daily life pages (well monthly really) and not using the prompts I'm also going to do something different as well. I've been looking through the prompts and some good ones there so I thought I'd use one of the prompts and do a full page on that particular theme each month and I usually work in 11x8.5 but will do these in 12x12 probably using the same template :)  

That's a good idea Jane!   I’m thinking I might incorporate a page that “speaks” to me along with my walking journal! 
PS I LOVED your Scout page!   That little dog has so much personality and it shone in your page!  :D

15 hours ago, MariJ said:

I had trouble in my Australia book when a few of the pages weren’t just fitting in with the others and they were not matching Left & Right as I wanted them to.   I kept trying to like them, but finally went back and did them over and was happier.    But, that only involved 2 pages;  not sure I’d be happy redoing a bunch.   Then again, the redo was so much easier because I already had the thoughts, photos, etc - so they weren’t as time consuming as doing them the first time.   

You are so right! It won't be as hard to go back because I have thought through some things, like which photos to use, and most of the journaling is completed.

10 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Yep I struggle with doing re-do's but so glad I have done otherwise I would hate to print them. Just start and it will all come together :) 

Well, that cinched it for me, Jane. I think if I don't redo a chunk of these pages, they will always bug me, especially in print form. The encouragement is much appreciated!

On 1/5/2020 at 11:50 AM, Stephanie H. said:

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and well wishes concerning the PL 2020!  It's almost here!  I love the idea of having a yearly theme.  Walking will give you great content and pics to use.  Especially if you're in an area where the seasons change.  I thought of going with the Monthly Prompts but we'll see if that holds up when tomorrow comes.

Can't wait to start and I know we'll learn from each other.  That's what forums are all about, right?

Blessings,

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, glad you're joining in!  

On 1/3/2020 at 3:33 AM, angleigh said:

This is probably the option i'll use.  I'll end up doing 2 pages for each week.  I made the templates so some pages were alot of photos others were just a couple.  I'll use the one with a few photos as an intro page, i'll put the week and a short write up on the prompt I used.  Then the 2nd page will be all photos.

I also did a sample layout mixing color and black and white

ABR_BYOP_LO3.jpg

ABR_BYOP_LO4.jpg

This looks awesome!  I do PL to document The Crazy in our lives for my girls, so I'll stick with my same old format for now, but I can see trying to do something like a photo book sometime in the future.  Really looks cool!

I finally made some decisions regarding Project Life 2020. My plan is to use 1-3 primary kits for each vacation and have a running motif through them in addition to the color palette. I plan to redo some of the pages I already did for TN and NC to fit with the selected kits. I am using two SG kits, and one I bought in another store nearly a year ago just for the North Carolina pages. I really wanted to use the embellishments in Angela Blanchard's Woodland Botanicals, and Ginny Whitcomb's Family Ties has the color and tone I want to emphasize. Hopefully they mesh okay.

ABL_WoodlandBotanical_CollectionBiggie_M

Family Ties digital scrapbooking kit by Ginny Whitcomb

So how is everyone doing?  Anyone already with the thought of "why did I sign up for this"...lol

I know this week has been really hard.  None of the prompts really jumped out at me, and besides my daily work I've been in a concession or gym each night until about 10 or later.  So i'm over this week..lol

1 hour ago, angleigh said:

So how is everyone doing?  Anyone already with the thought of "why did I sign up for this"...lol

I know this week has been really hard.  None of the prompts really jumped out at me, and besides my daily work I've been in a concession or gym each night until about 10 or later.  So i'm over this week..lol

Angie - just set aside the ProjectLife assignment for a day or two and come back to it. I like to think about layouts sometimes when I am doing no-brain busy work, like on a walk with the dog or in the shower or when I am dusting the house. Inspiration will come to you. As for busy-mom life ?‍♀️, cherish these times. They will be over in a blink. Once the boys graduate, you will be surprised at how much you miss a smelly gym, loud kids and the peskiness of other parents who show up for the party but don't help with the work. ? It got so freaking QUIET after my son left for college without a troop of boys pounding through the house.

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

Angie - just set aside the ProjectLife assignment for a day or two and come back to it. I like to think about layouts sometimes when I am doing no-brain busy work, like on a walk with the dog or in the shower or when I am dusting the house. Inspiration will come to you. As for busy-mom life ?‍♀️, cherish these times. They will be over in a blink. Once the boys graduate, you will be surprised at how much you miss a smelly gym, loud kids and the peskiness of other parents who show up for the party but don't help with the work. ? It got so freaking QUIET after my son left for college without a troop of boys pounding through the house.

Wise words.....   
And funny enough - I do my best thinking in those times you described too!  I agree it’s normally because I’m doing busy work where I’m NOT thinking so the thoughts just come.   :D