Project Life 2020

angleigh

3 hours ago, angleigh said:

So how is everyone doing?  Anyone already with the thought of "why did I sign up for this"...lol

Funny you should ask...    I’ve been struggling with my idea.  ! got started ok and created a really nice (I thought!) cover and beginning few pages for my Walking Journal.  But, although I am fine with scrapping the mundane, this just isn’t working for me.  I like the idea, but there really isn’t enough to write or photograph and what ends up is me looking for things so it’s feeling forced.  Plus, the 3 days I’ve finished (including the garbage truck story!) take up two pages and that’s way too much for a journal I can print.  But, mostly it’s feeling like I’m “doing" just to “do" and it’s not meaningful so I think I am going to change my topic, if that’s ok?

I wanted to make a book of my visits to my sister’s and what we did and already did a page for a challenge.  So, I’m thinking that I’ll change my PL to an “Indiana Book” and this way I’ll get it done.
I’m also thinking that I’ll keep the Australia Photo book on the back burner and do some of those in between so maybe it won’t be so hard to do.

These are the walking pages and cover I finished so far, I’m going to file them away for now!  As you can see, I didn’t finish the 3rd page because it wasn’t going anywhere....

P53 2020 January 1 Title Page - Walking JP72.jpg

P53 2020 January 2L Walking JP72.jpg

P53 2020 January 3R Walking JP72.jpg

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sometimes you just can't force it.  And this weeks prompt may just be the word "random"...you know sometimes it is what it is.  And yes, i'm for sure trying to soak up the last bit of high school the boys have left (heck maybe that will be my prompt for the next few months..lol)

What I have been doing so far is looking at the prompts for the week and think of how I could interpret it in a photo. Sometimes if I'm doing something I'll take photos and see if I can find a way to fit it with the prompt. There'll be other times that I'll take a photo of something that doesn't have anything to do with the prompt. My life is kind of mundane so, yeah, that makes it challenging. On the other hand it gives me an opportunity to look for things to do so I can take a photo of something... So far it's been fun for me. We'll see how long it lasts. LOL!

Hello Everyone!  Like so many of you I struggled with what to do for my Week 3.  Well, it's not my best effort but I'm proud of myself for sticking with it and not giving up.  Even though I haven't commented on many of your pages, I want you to know how much I have enjoyed them.  (I check the PL gallery all the time.)  Keep up the great work and we'll see what inspires me next week.  Blessings!

Here's my Week 3:  WHAT'S BEHIND THAT DOOR?

If your wanting to participate in Project Life 2020 there's still time.  I will track the final January layouts on Monday 2/3 and will also pick the January winner then.  Keep in mind to be in the drawing for the end of the year prize you have to post a layout each month!

On 1/27/2020 at 11:46 AM, angleigh said:

If your wanting to participate in Project Life 2020 there's still time.  I will track the final January layouts on Monday 2/3 and will also pick the January winner then.  Keep in mind to be in the drawing for the end of the year prize you have to post a layout each month!

Hi there. :)

I have to figure out everything new (to me) with the site. It's been way too long since I have scrapped! :(

I'm thinking of doing the Project 2020 with monthly layouts. If I can get a layout finished and posted today for my January pictures, will that count as a January entry? Or would it have to had been posted before January was over (last day of January?) 

Thanks! Charlene :)

6 minutes ago, scrappinchar said:

I have to figure out everything new (to me) with the site. It's been way too long since I have scrapped! :(

I'm thinking of doing the Project 2020 with monthly layouts. If I can get a layout finished and posted today for my January pictures, will that count as a January entry? Or would it have to had been posted before January was over (last day of January?) 

Hi Charlene its good to see you back. I might be wrong but for the challenge you have to post at least one every month otherwise you can post January in February but it counts as February, hope that make sense :) 

16 minutes ago, scrappinchar said:

Hey Charlene...nice to see you back!

You know what, if you get a january layout finished and upload just email me and remind me and I will count it towards January for you!

Thanks Jane and Angie. :)

I've got my pictures chosen. Trying to find my layout templates. lol Might not get finished until after church this evening.

I'm looking forward to USING the supplies I've been buying here over these past years. lol

(I'll try to figure out this week how to edit my "signature." Looks like I have some outdated buttons or banners or something there.)

I'm about to post my layout. Good golly. It's been since 2013 since I have scrapped. :( :( 

I have done a Christmas Card each year, but that's it. Goodness! I am VERY rusty on my PhotoShop skills. Hopefully I sized down the layout properly for the gallery. We'll see...

I might find myself doing double page spreads or multiple layouts each month. And what a different "day and age." My photos all came from my phone! lol My nice camera rarely comes out of it's bag, poor thing. I didn't have time to do any photo editing/enhancing. Oh well. 

I have had a change in my plans for Project Life this year and will be doing like last year and do monthly pages. So again they may not be eligible for the prizes as I possibly will not get February page done until March ... etc. I am okay with that and will still share my pages in the gallery if I use Scrap Girls products.

7 hours ago, A-M said:

I have had a change in my plans for Project Life this year and will be doing like last year and do monthly pages. So again they may not be eligible for the prizes as I possibly will not get February page done until March ... etc. I am okay with that and will still share my pages in the gallery if I use Scrap Girls products.

Angie, isn’t it true that if we are doing monthly pages PL, we have a few days to finish when the month ends?  I’m not sure I’m correct but I recall that was the way they were counted since it’s hard to finish the month while it’s still the month!   If that made sense......   :D 

40 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Angie, isn’t it true that if we are doing monthly pages PL, we have a few days to finish when the month ends?  I’m not sure I’m correct but I recall that was the way they were counted since it’s hard to finish the month while it’s still the month!   If that made sense......   :D 

I didn't do the drawing or final count for January until yesterday.  I've got it set to do it on the 3rd of each month So you will have the 1st and 2nd to get the layout done

9 hours ago, MariJ said:

Thankyou Marilyn for asking.  There may be times I would not get the page done by the 3rd of the next month so I am okay with not being part of the prize draw as I accepted that last year.

11 hours ago, angleigh said:

I didn't do the drawing or final count for January until yesterday.  I've got it set to do it on the 3rd of each month So you will have the 1st and 2nd to get the layout done

Thanks Angie!   I thought it was something like that from the days when I was doing Monthly pages and needed the month to end before I could finish the page.  :) 

Yay! Made another page. I couldn't picture having just one page for the whole month. lol

Project Life 2020 page 2

I don't think this counts for the challenge, but made a front page, as well:

Project Life Album Front Page