Project Life 2020

angleigh

Struggling this year. Ever since 2011 I've managed a page a week, but this year so far it isn't happening. My husband's health has gone you-know-where in a handbasket, and not only am I not taking photos, there isn't anything to write about except doctor visits and tests. Maybe switching to a monthly will be the best way to document this for the future.

Just rambling and checking in. Miss you all!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Becster said:

Struggling this year. Ever since 2011 I've managed a page a week, but this year so far it isn't happening. My husband's health has gone you-know-where in a handbasket, and not only am I not taking photos, there isn't anything to write about except doctor visits and tests. Maybe switching to a monthly will be the best way to document this for the future.

Miss you too and your pages, Becky.  I was so glad to see them right now, I always enjoy them and wondered if you were ok.  
So sorry your husband is struggling, that’s no fun for sure.   I like your idea and your pages looked great.   Your journaling is so heartfelt it always feels a story, so that alone is documenting for you and interesting for us to read and share.   Take care.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:14 PM, Becster said:

I hope your DH starts feeling better soon and that you both be able to settled down to a more easier routine!
Take care of yourself, hugs from afar. :bighug:

This is my first year doing the Project Life, and although I chose weekly, and am following the weekly prompts, I don't think my album is going to be at all cohesive.  I'm using the same font throughout, but my colors, and layouts are all over the place.  I'm not going to re-do or change how I'm doing it for the rest of this year, but if I finish this year and do it again, I think I'll try to make it more of a "book".  I must admit I am enjoying the journey and looking forward to printing it out in January.  Thanks for the push and support.

13 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

This is my first year doing the Project Life, and although I chose weekly, and am following the weekly prompts, I don't think my album is going to be at all cohesive.  I'm using the same font throughout, but my colors, and layouts are all over the place.  I'm not going to re-do or change how I'm doing it for the rest of this year, but if I finish this year and do it again, I think I'll try to make it more of a "book".  I must admit I am enjoying the journey and looking forward to printing it out in January.  Thanks for the push and support.

I just finished my great nephew's baby book, and the colors and layout style are all over the place, too. I still think it is a delight, and it reminds me a little of how I used to scrap with paper rather than digital with all the colors! You have to go where the mood takes you! Have fun with yours!

14 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

I just finished my great nephew's baby book, and the colors and layout style are all over the place, too. I still think it is a delight, and it reminds me a little of how I used to scrap with paper rather than digital with all the colors! You have to go where the mood takes you! Have fun with yours!

You know what?   That’s a really great point I never thought of,  I always worry and stress about all the pages in books matching, but you’re right.  In paper scrapping I didn’t worry about that, I just scrapped page-by-page with whatever color or mood was appropriate for the subject and it looked fine all together as a book.   
I’m so glad you posted this thought, thanks!  :) 

4 hours ago, Celestine said:

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

You know what?   That’s a really great point I never thought of,  I always worry and stress about all the pages in books matching, but you’re right.  In paper scrapping I didn’t worry about that, I just scrapped page-by-page with whatever color or mood was appropriate for the subject and it looked fine all together as a book.   
I’m so glad you posted this thought, thanks!  :) 

and I agree!  Go where the mood may take me.  Nice way to look at it, be more productive and happier too.  Thank you ladies!

On 2/12/2020 at 11:14 AM, Becster said:

We miss you too Becky - I follow your story o FB. Hang in there, it will get better. Hugs.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:14 PM, Becster said:

Becky, I'm so sorry to hear all this. You are amazing for keeping up with Project Life!