Jumpstart January 2020

ValerieT

It's time to kick off the new year, and new decade, with some fun and a focus on scrapbooking! Join us on the Scrap Girls Forum for "Jumpstart January!" This game and challenge focuses on taking time to scrapbook regularly despite the little "speed-bumps" of life. When the month is over you'll have completed several layouts and been treated to some fun along the way.

Some tasks will require message board participation or gallery posting. check each days task for that day's requirements. Upload your layouts to the  Hodge Podge Gallery.

For every layout and task you complete you will gain one entry into the prize draw. At the end of the month I will draw two winners who will receive a $10 Gift Certificate each.

You have until 11:59pm ET on January 31st 2020 to complete the tasks and post your layouts to the Hodge Podge Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

After each task you can post your progress in this thread if you wish. PLEASE NOTE; THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Here is how;

• Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial How To Post Images In The Forum  to post your "progress" in the game thread.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is our first task.

Task One; 1st Jan
Did you take a lot of photos over Christmas? Have you downloaded them to your computer? Take some time today to make sure you have downloaded all the photos from your digital devices. Not just your camera, don't forget your phone and tablet. You may also want to contact friends and family for copies of their photos.

I'm going to try to play along this month. I have downloaded all my photos from Christmas. I am having trouble downloading photos from my phone, but I only used my big camera for Christmas photos, so all done.

I had all my photos loaded onto my computer the day after Christmas. I rarely leave photos on my phone for long. Here is mine so far. 5 photos from the sand sculpture event  I used TMD_Shoreline papers

week-1.jpg

Everyone's work is looking great...looks like you all over the the speed bump pretty easy so on to the rest of the tasks.

Task Five; 6th Jan

Let’s get back to our layouts. Add seven embellishments to your layout.

Have fun

44 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Seven embellishments added:

JJ LO 1 embellishments.jpg

I love holiday boat parades. Hopefully we will be in one next year!

Everyone is doing great...so much fun to see what everyone is srapping. All so different!

Task Six; 7th Jan

Now for some journalling. Add at least five sentences of journalling to your layout.