Jumpstart January 2020

ValerieT

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for sticking with it and I really look forward to seeing your finished pages.

Task Ten; 11th Jan

Add any finishing touches, including a date. Then upload your layout to The Hodge Podge Gallery.

20 hours ago, alsoarty said:

It's so nice to see you back and your pretty girls. I've missed you.

Thanks, Andrea. Things are finally calming down a bit, but the official start to softball season is a month away and we'll see what happens then!

I got caught up today, except for the new siggie.  I'll try to get that done tomorrow.  The brush I chose in the store is:  Susie Roberts Letters to Santa, but I ended up using a different brush on my layout (the snowflakes).  I need to start using more brushes!

Here is my finished LO:  Cozy Christmas Pajamas

Task Eleven; 13th Jan

We are drawn to collections for different reasons. It could be the colours, the embellishments or the theme.

Head over to the Scrap Girls shop and find a collection that you are drawn to. Tell us why you are drawn to this collection.

Task Twelve, 14th Jan

Using the reason you gave yesterday, find a collection from your stash to use this week. This does not have to be the collection you picked yesterday.

Start a new layout in your preferred size and create a blended background. You may use any method to create your background including brushes and templates.

Task 11, January 13: I chose Anchors by Brandy Murry. I'm drawn to her collections because they are so easy to use. They include coordinating papers and elements; vertical things, horizontal things, round things. frames, alphas, and at least one scatter. Everything goes together. In this one, I especially liked the blues she used.

Anchors Collection Biggie (Included)

I made my blended background using three papers from Syndee's Stories We Tell collection and one of her Scrap SimpleArt Mix Borders, and Elisha's dynamic brush Sponged.  I also triplicated the border and applied the multiply blending mode to all of the border layers to make the border stand out more.  To alter the photo, I used one of Amanda's Dreamy Canvas styles (those never get old!) Here is my layout so far:

LoOutside_Mar2010thumb.jpg

I'm so far behind I will try to catch up a little..I love the grunge of this collection, it's on my wish list.Feeling Nostalgic Digital Scrapbooking Kit by AFT Designs - Amanda Fraijo-Tobin @ScrapGirls.com #scrapgirls #digitalscrapbooking

Ok trying to catch up but we leave today to visit friends on the other coast so will catch up on the weekend.

Here is my page so far. White background with GWH_TheGrungeEffect. I used the sketch effect on my photo...I love shore birds!!!

Great fun.

pelican.jpg