Jumpstart January 2020

ValerieT

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Task Fourteen, 16th Jan

SPEEDBUMP

Cards. I don’t know about you, but I never seem to have the right card when I need it.

For today’s speedbump we want you to create a card. It can be for any occasion you like. It doesn’t have to be fancy, some of the best cards have very simple designs.

As for the card... I didn't send out Christmas cards this year, and I really should have since we moved and next to nobody has our new address.  I think only two cards reached us this year, and we usually get around 20.  Oops!  Years ago I had an acquaintance that sent out Valentine's Day cards of her family, instead of Christmas cards.  She said Christmastime was just too busy - and she had the added advantage of sending cards to the people who had sent Christmas cards to them that year, to make sure she didn't leave anyone out.  I'm thinking of doing that this year.  Although, I'll send to more people than just the two who managed to send us cards this year!  ?  I should have some time this weekend to create a card.

7 hours ago, Mikelle said:

As for the card... I didn't send out Christmas cards this year, and I really should have since we moved and next to nobody has our new address.  I think only two cards reached us this year, and we usually get around 20.  Oops!  Years ago I had an acquaintance that sent out Valentine's Day cards of her family, instead of Christmas cards.  She said Christmastime was just too busy - and she had the added advantage of sending cards to the people who had sent Christmas cards to them that year, to make sure she didn't leave anyone out.  I'm thinking of doing that this year.  Although, I'll send to more people than just the two who managed to send us cards this year!  ?  I should have some time this weekend to create a card.

I can imagine you were super busy this Christmas season, Mikelle! :) And I love your idea of the Valentine cards, especially since you can answer any little notes that people had sent along with their Christmas greetings.
When hubby and I moved, I printed a bunch of business cards with our new address and phone number and enclosed one in each of the Christmas cards we sent out. The idea must have worked because we got lots of cards back! :D 

Let's see if I got this all so far...I blended two papers from Tami Miller's A Good Day Collection using Syndee Nuckle's SS Paper Grungy Blends. I fixed the horizon line on my photo and cropped it. Then I added a bunch of embellishments from A Good Day Collection. Brooke took this photo while visiting with Marilyn in Indiana in October.

Fountain.jpg.e7ce4941645d11d511c8862515bf6638.jpg

3 hours ago, CRS said:

Let's see if I got this all so far...I blended two papers from Tami Miller's A Good Day Collection using Syndee Nuckle's SS Paper Grungy Blends. I fixed the horizon line on my photo and cropped it. Then I added a bunch of embellishments from A Good Day Collection. Brooke took this photo while visiting with Marilyn in Indiana in October.

Fountain.jpg.e7ce4941645d11d511c8862515bf6638.jpg

Oh, that was SUCH a pretty day and fun time and so good to be together!   Brooke really took some awesome photos, she has a good eye.    I can’t wait to see how this turns out.  :)