Project Life 2020 Prompts

angleigh

I wanted to have a separate thread for the prompts so they don't get buried in the chatting thread.  So I'll post the prompts here each month. 

We'll also use this thread to post our layouts monthly/weekly. Don't forget to post your layouts in the Project Life 2020 Gallery  Then come back here and post a link to your layout.

Our chatting thread can be found HERE

Below you will find the January prompts, weekly prompts and monthly prompts

January.jpg

Project52.jpg

ProjectMonthly.jpg

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I plan on using the weekly prompts if I have taken photos that suit for that week otherwise I will find a prompt from the daily ones that works.

Week 1

Oh, I love all of the Week 1 posts.  It looks like most of you are going with the 12x12 layout.  Am I correct?  They all look wonderful and I have enjoyed reading your bios.  I'm going with the Monthly Pages so you'll see mine in a couple of weeks.  Way to go everyone!  I love the creativity and colors you've chosen and you've inspired me to keep at it.

Blessings,

Stephanie

Oh, I love all of the Week 1 posts.  It looks like most of you are going with the 12x12 layout.  Am I correct?  They all look wonderful and I have enjoyed reading your bios.  I'm going with the Monthly Pages so you'll see mine in a couple of weeks.  Way to go everyone!  I love the creativity and colors you've chosen and you've inspired me to keep at it.

Blessings,

Stephanie

OK, so I've already changed my mind and decided to use the Weekly Prompts.  Well, that leaves me a bit behind but I'll do my best to catch up.  Thanks, everyone!

1 hour ago, Stephanie H. said:

OK, so I've already changed my mind and decided to use the Weekly Prompts.  Well, that leaves me a bit behind but I'll do my best to catch up.  Thanks, everyone!

Hi Stephanie, I”m going with approx 11x8 size pages, but I’m still working on them so haven’t posted yet!  I like scrapping in 12x12 so much better, but if I want to print the book at Costco, I need to use the other size.
As long as you have yours in by the end of the month, you’re good..  :)  Can’t wait to see them!

On 1/7/2020 at 1:08 PM, Stephanie H. said:

Blessings,

Stephanie

Can't wait to see your layouts!  This is only the third year I've done Project Life, and I remember it took me a bit to get rolling the first year.  Ummm... and last year... I'm only up to May for 2019!  But I'll be finishing those along with my 2020 layouts.  Most of my regular layouts are 12x12 (and I print them 8x8), but I scrap Project Life layouts as double pages (24x12). 

Here's my first Project Life page for the year. I'm not sure if it fits any of the prompts, but will check and edit this if I find that it does. I took Angie's advice about choosing a template that could be used all year and about keeping the pages and journaling simple.. I'm not sure about using one collection, but I'm hoping to stick with only a few. We'll see! :D If you are familiar with my pages you know I generally keep it to about 6 or 7, lol. 

Here's my week 2.

This week has been a challenge with the camera. We decided to change cell phone companies, (and what a pain in the you know what it has been) and DH and my phone were too old to transfer over so we had to get new phones. So it's been fun trying to learn how to use the dang thing! Live photos vs regular photos, vs videos, plus Apple now uses an new file format (HEIF) which windows doesn't recognize as of yet. I'm just glad I'm starting to figure this out while just taking day to day photos and not on a once in a lifetime vacay or something.

41 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Here's my week 2.

This week has been a challenge with the camera. We decided to change cell phone companies, (and what a pain in the you know what it has been) and DH and my phone were too old to transfer over so we had to get new phones. So it's been fun trying to learn how to use the dang thing! Live photos vs regular photos, vs videos, plus Apple now uses an new file format (HEIF) which windows doesn't recognize as of yet. I'm just glad I'm starting to figure this out while just taking day to day photos and not on a once in a lifetime vacay or something.

Kelly, I had a photo sent to me that was in the new HEIF format - me too, said “what the heck?”  when PSE told me it didn’t recognize the format, great! (insert sarcasm.)  Of course, this happened as I was making Christmas ornaments, I’d never even heard of this or that Apple was doing it.  I fast reasearched what to do and found there are some converters out there that will make the pic a jpeg, but the easiest solution I found was to put the photo(s) into DropBox, which will automatically turn it into a jpeg to accept it.  Then, all you have to do is take it out - already converted!

Have you had any trouble with the new format?   I was amazed when the message came up because although I don’t have an iPhone, I work with all Apple products - laptop, iPad, iPod.  So, my iPad accepted the photo ok even though it didn’t tell me it was a different format.   But, once I tried to use it in PSE, that program knew! 

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Kelly, I had a photo sent to me that was in the new HEIF format - me too, said “what the heck?”  when PSE told me it didn’t recognize the format, great! (insert sarcasm.)  Of course, this happened as I was making Christmas ornaments, I’d never even heard of this or that Apple was doing it.  I fast reasearched what to do and found there are some converters out there that will make the pic a jpeg, but the easiest solution I found was to put the photo(s) into DropBox, which will automatically turn it into a jpeg to accept it.  Then, all you have to do is take it out - already converted!

Have you had any trouble with the new format?   I was amazed when the message came up because although I don’t have an iPhone, I work with all Apple products - laptop, iPad, iPod.  So, my iPad accepted the photo ok even though it didn’t tell me it was a different format.   But, once I tried to use it in PSE, that program knew! 

When I did a quick(ish) google search I learned there was a Windows app to convert but the reviews weren’t promising. I also learned how to change the setting on my iPhone to make (new) photos more compatible. I didn’t read anything about Dropbox so I will certainly check that out. We’ve both learned something from my PL page this week. ☺️

3 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

When I did a quick(ish) google search I learned there was a Windows app to convert but the reviews weren’t promising. I also learned how to change the setting on my iPhone to make (new) photos more compatible. I didn’t read anything about Dropbox so I will certainly check that out. We’ve both learned something from my PL page this week. ☺️

Kelly - I had a similar problem and had to change the setting on my phone for future photos. As I recall, I opened the images I had already taken while they were still on my phone, changed the setting and then downloaded them again. They came through without the .HEIF extension.

25 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Yes!  I only had 3 photos I was working with, so it was easy, but it worked!  I downloaded the photos to DropBox, then took them out to file and they were jpegs!  
It was easy for me, but if all your phone photos are in the new format, it might be a pain having to put them back and forth.  Then again, it will probably only be the ones you need to work with that you’ll need to convert.  

46 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Kelly - I had a similar problem and had to change the setting on my phone for future photos. As I recall, I opened the images I had already taken while they were still on my phone, changed the setting and then downloaded them again. They came through without the .HEIF extension.

27 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Yes!  I only had 3 photos I was working with, so it was easy, but it worked!  I downloaded the photos to DropBox, then took them out to file and they were jpegs!  
It was easy for me, but if all your phone photos are in the new format, it might be a pain having to put them back and forth.  Then again, it will probably only be the ones you need to work with that you’ll need to convert.  

Thank you ladies! Luckily it was only a few photos. The photos I used I was shooting in Live mode and had to find a way to fix them to use them. I’d explain it here but TBH I’m not sure of everything I did. ??‍♀️ I’m hoping things will go a bit smoother this week!