Mikelle

Weekend Wildcard Challenge January 4th 2020

With all of the holiday excitement going on, and trying to finish up my Project Life 2019 layouts (I still have a ways to go), it’s been a while since I’ve learned a new technique.  For your challenge this weekend, take a stroll (or a scroll) through the SG Tutorials and see if there’s a technique or new craft you’ve been wanting to learn.  There are pages and pages of tutorials just waiting to be explored!  If you choose a tutorial on creating a hybrid project, take a photo of your project in the making or finished, and scrap a layout about it. 

When you have created your layout, upload it to the Weekend Wildcard Challenge Gallery, then come back here and leave link to your layout so that we can see what new skill you acquired.  Tell us, too, what tutorial you used!

Here is my LO. Great challenge Mikelle.  Going back awhile I used an older tutorial from Diane for using custom shapes 

What a great challenge, we have amazing tutorials.  I should use them more often!

14 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

What a great challenge, we have amazing tutorials.  I should use them more often!

Me too!  I just recently was looking through the tutorials and was reminded how many wonderful and helpful ones there are!  :) 

7 hours ago, MariJ said:

Me too!  I just recently was looking through the tutorials and was reminded how many wonderful and helpful ones there are!  :) 

I agree with you both and I did this one from Angies tutorial . I started it a while ago and had forgotten all about it so I've now completed it and learn't something new :) 

Little Bird Cafe

For this challenge I used the tutorial Blending with the Brush Tool by Diane Lardieri. I have often admired this method but had never been able to master layer masks so gave it a go on the Christmas photo.

Christmas 2019