Tuesday Newsletter Challenge 1/28/20

Boatlady

Challenge: scrap the everyday moments.  Laundry in the corner, dishes in the sink. What do you do everyday? one thing or more, well put it into a LO. Tell the story of your every day life. I look forward to seeing what your day is like! Post your LO HERE when you are done.  I look forward to seeing what everyone's daily life looks like.

Great challenge.  I do not mind daily chores.  While working on this LO I thought of something I had read by Barbara Brown Taylor in her book An Alter In The World, she wrote:  While housework may not offer the same satisfaction , it remains a reliable path to the rudiments of life.  Cleaning refrigerators and toilets helps you connect the food cycle at both ends.  Making beds reminds you that life-giving activities do not require much space.  Hanging laundry on the line offers you a chance to fly prayer flags disguised as bath towels and underwear.  If all life is holy, then anything that sustains life has holy dimensions too.  The difference between washing windows and resting in God can be a simple decision: choose the work, and it becomes your spiritual practice.  Spraying vinegar and water on the panes, you baptize the glass.  Rubbing away the film, yet repent of your sins.  Polishing the glass, you let in the light.  No task is too menial to serve as a path.  If you are able to sustain other lives along with your own path, then all the better.  This is MINE

13 hours ago, ScrapgirlCindy said:

Great challenge.  I do not mind daily chores.  While working on this LO I thought of something I had read by Barbara Brown Taylor in her book An Alter In The World, she wrote:  While housework may not offer the same satisfaction , it remains a reliable path to the rudiments of life.  Cleaning refrigerators and toilets helps you connect the food cycle at both ends.  Making beds reminds you that life-giving activities do not require much space.  Hanging laundry on the line offers you a chance to fly prayer flags disguised as bath towels and underwear.  If all life is holy, then anything that sustains life has holy dimensions too.  The difference between washing windows and resting in God can be a simple decision: choose the work, and it becomes your spiritual practice.  Spraying vinegar and water on the panes, you baptize the glass.  Rubbing away the film, yet repent of your sins.  Polishing the glass, you let in the light.  No task is too menial to serve as a path.  If you are able to sustain other lives along with your own path, then all the better.  This is MINE

This is lovely Cindy and so very true. There’s something about routine and mundane that’s almost comforting at times.  I’m so glad I saw your post.  Thanks for sharing.  :) 

222707705_BhutanMonastery.jpg.354a252b8f5a1791c1a50eb14cada776.jpg

On 1/29/2020 at 4:42 PM, ScrapgirlCindy said:

I love what you wrote for this challenge, especially the prayer flags and cleaning the windows. Bhutan (Asia) has a wonderful cliffside monastery and prayer flags fly in the breeze

Bhutan Monastery.jpg