Feb. 2020 Monthly Challenges

Boatlady

Well here we are in the second month of 2020. Where will it take us? What adventures and events can we preserve on our digi-pages? Well here are some ideas for the month of Feb.

Here are the Feb Monthly Challenges which can be completed at any time during the month.  Please remember to post your layouts in the Monthly Challenge Gallery and then add a link to each page in this thread so that we can leave some love.  You can use your January Monthly Challenge Layouts for the January Challenge Chase so be sure to also post a link in that thread so you are eligible for the monthly coupon.

You can check out the Feb Challenge Chase info HERE.  

Don’t forget to leave comments on other members' pages, we all love to see what others say about our LO.  Have fun!

Challenge #1 is to use the number 2

its the second month of the year so I think this might be a good task. Big 2's, little 2's, textured 2's any 2 you want. I look forward to seeing lots of 2's in the gallery. Post in the Monthly Challenge Gallery at the link above.

Challenge #2 is make a page with a sport-

(Angie will nail this one) a sport you like or do, one you watch or one would like to do. Just as long as it is a sport based page. Post in the Monthly Gallery link posted above

Don't forget to leave love

Challenge #3 is make a page using a mask

there are so many in our designer's collections that I am sure you have one in your collection. Use it for a photo or on your background. Let's see masks and creative ways to use them. I love using masks and clipping my photos to them or using one to mask a paper to make the background more interesting. Layer many if you want.Post in the Monthly Gallery link posted above

Have fun with your mask's on!!!

Challenge #4 is make your page with more than 4 photos or more

With our digital cameras we rarely take only one photo so lets use some of the multiple shots we have taken to tell a story or show a collection we have. What ever you want the sky is the limit...have fun. If you don't have any you like take some, it could be your photo challenge too. Post in the Monthly Gallery link posted above

Leave some love for our fellow scrappers.

HAVE FUN

@Boatlady  Debby, you have a great list of challenges for this month. Not sure what I would do for sport so for it I may need to look for some older photos.

• MariJ pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, angleigh said:

I may have to do a sport layout...I have about 800 photos from wrestling this weekend

OMG - and I thought I used to take a lot at sporting events! I was thinking about doing a wrestling page, too. DS won his second IKWF championship ten years ago next month, and I was thinking of finally doing a page. I took so many photos back in the day, but never printed them or transferred them to albums, and I didn't start scrapbooking until several years later.

Does anyone else have folders filled with decade-old photos they would like to scrap someday?

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

OMG - and I thought I used to take a lot at sporting events! I was thinking about doing a wrestling page, too. DS won his second IKWF championship ten Does anyone else have folders filled with decade-old photos they would like to scrap someday?

For sure.  I have boxes of albums, not only of my own, but also my Mom’s - both of her and my Dad’s younger days — and family ones with my sister and I!  She also has some older ones from a great-aunt and from her own parents.   Plus slides from our childhood when they were popular.   Sigh.  I love photos, but it’s overwhelming. 

14 hours ago, angleigh said:

I may have to do a sport layout...I have about 800 photos from wrestling this weekend

I knew this challenge would be right up your alley. I look forward to seeing your page.

14 hours ago, Celestine said:

OMG - and I thought I used to take a lot at sporting events! I was thinking about doing a wrestling page, too. DS won his second IKWF championship ten years ago next month, and I was thinking of finally doing a page. I took so many photos back in the day, but never printed them or transferred them to albums, and I didn't start scrapbooking until several years later.

Does anyone else have folders filled with decade-old photos they would like to scrap someday?

Before I started digi-scrapping I made Creative memories books  with our first 29 years, (I made 17 large books and 2 small ones of the kids weddings) then I got a digital camera so it made no sense to print the photo then cut it up to paste it in a book so I started using my computer. When working on the paper albums I started with the oldest photos and worked forward in time. I separated vacations from other life photos to make it a little easier to keep track of.

Its a daunting job but can be done.

14 hours ago, MariJ said:

For sure.  I have boxes of albums, not only of my own, but also my Mom’s - both of her and my Dad’s younger days — and family ones with my sister and I!  She also has some older ones from a great-aunt and from her own parents.   Plus slides from our childhood when they were popular.   Sigh.  I love photos, but it’s overwhelming. 

Mari - It sounds like we are in identical boats! I have unorganized photos inherited from family members dating from 1905 to 2005 - that is 100 years. I've never really thought about it like that before!

2 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Before I started digi-scrapping I made Creative memories books  with our first 29 years, (I made 17 large books and 2 small ones of the kids weddings) then I got a digital camera so it made no sense to print the photo then cut it up to paste it in a book so I started using my computer. When working on the paper albums I started with the oldest photos and worked forward in time. I separated vacations from other life photos to make it a little easier to keep track of.

Its a daunting job but can be done.

As soon as I get done with my current projects, I really need to attack the backlog! Thanks for the inspiration, Debby!

9 hours ago, Celestine said:

Mari - It sounds like we are in identical boats! I have unorganized photos inherited from family members dating from 1905 to 2005 - that is 100 years. I've never really thought about it like that before!

You know what?  You’re right about identical boats and when hear you describe it that way?  I’ve got some of my Mom’s great-grandparent photos, etc too - so it HAS to be over 100 years.   Oh my goodness, me either - never thought of it that way.   ?

11 minutes ago, MariJ said:

You know what?  You’re right about identical boats and when hear you describe it that way?  I’ve got some of my Mom’s great-grandparent photos, etc too - so it HAS to be over 100 years.   Oh my goodness, me either - never thought of it that way.   ?

You and Celestine are lucky to have such old photos...all the old photos my parents had burned when our house burned in 1969 so the only photos I have are the ones from my grandparents homes...so I guess I am lucky to have those. Have fun sorting photos.

13 hours ago, scrappinchar said:

Hi there. I'm jumping in! :) Hope I can make/take time to do the layouts. 

Here's mine for the 1st challenge:

2020 Album Front Page

We are so glad you jumped in, Love the cover page and look forward to more.