February 2020 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

It's SOUPER bowl Sunday tomorrow.  Are you a football fan?  Do you only watch the commercials?  Do you have a party?  Go to a party?  This month's recipe swap theme is...you guessed it...S O U P ! ! !

I look forward to the game (GO CHIEFS!!) but it will most likely just be the two of us for a quiet evening.  (After having the grandkids since Thursday, I will be ready for some quiet!!)  

First, each month you participate you will receive a gift certificate to the design shop!  The first month you participate (January) you will receive $1, the second month (February) $2 and so on.  If you miss the third month (March) and participate in the fourth month (April) you would receive $3 and so on.

Second, we will have a challenge each quarter.  Do you try recipes you receive in the swap in your kitchen at home?  At the end of each quarter, you will be challenged to create a layout including a recipe and card from the swap that you have tried. It can’t be your recipe and card!!  Each person who does a layout will be in a drawing for a $5 gift certificate.

But wait, there is more!!  Everyone that participates EVERY month and EACH quarter challenge will be in a drawing for a $15 gift certificate at the end of the year.
To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Saturday, February 29, 2020.
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.

17 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Here is my first recipe. If you have any vegetarians or vegans in the family, I highly recommend this recipe. Even the meat-eaters love it. Upon request, I've given this recipe out many times.

Can't wait to see everyone's contributions!

Caribbean Bean & Squash Soup

I am so looking forward to trying this!    So, now I’d better get moving and create a card!  :)

On 2/5/2020 at 5:34 PM, alsoarty said:

Is chili considered soup? Because I have a great recipe...

11 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

If its eaten with a spoon then I don't see why its not a soup :) 

I agree with Jane!  You eat it in a bowl with a spoon = soup to me!! 

2 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Great recipes ladies!!  I need to decide which recipes to scrap!!!

I’ve been looking through all the old swaps and trying to find one to try too!
And, I keep looking for another soup recipe to scrap, but most of them aren’t actual written recipes.  I might have to re-scrap an old tried and true one.  

18 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

YUMMY recipes ladies!!  I just realized that although I have checked e-mail, I had not responded.  I apologize!!  I have responded to each recipe received now.

Thanks Conda - I got your responses!
I’m hoping to get another card done tonight.   I went to a “Soup Supper” last night so ate LOTS of soup!  They gave each person a recipe book so I took photos of my favorites and hoping to scrap a card.  :)