March 2020 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

Is it spring yet?? ?????

This month's theme is Healthy Alternative Recipes.  Some examples are Keto, Gluten free, Low Carb, Paleo, Vegan, etc.  I can't wait see your yummy creations!!

New for 2020:
First, each month you participate you will receive a gift certificate to the design shop!  The first month you participate (January) you will receive $1, the second month (February) $2 and so on.  If you miss the third month (March) and participate in the fourth month (April) you would receive $3 and so on.

Second, we will have a challenge each quarter.  Do you try recipes you receive in the swap in your kitchen at home?  At the end of each quarter, you will be challenged to create a layout including a recipe and card from the swap that you have tried. It can’t be your recipe and card!!  Each person who does a layout will be in a drawing for a $5 gift certificate.

But wait, there is more!!  Everyone that participates EVERY month and EACH quarter challenge will be in a drawing for a $15 gift certificate at the end of the year.
To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.

Here is my recipe for Jicama & Pear Slaw. It is good for most healthy alternative dietary needs. It is super fresh and crunchy. I make the base recipe or a variation often, and it is worth noting that the celery leaves are fantastic in it. I've never had a recipe call for celery LEAVES, and they add that perfect slightly bitter touch. Even if your grocery store trims the celery, there are usually enough leaves inside a bunch that has long stalks.

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

@SodScrap Hey Conda - tonight I am trying one of the recipes and wanted to know if the quarterly layout is supposed to also be a recipe card and posted in the recipe swap thread. Or should it be somewhere else and any size?

I read it as it’s supposed to be a layout about the recipe you tried, including the recipe card, but me too - I’m not sure if we use the other member’s scrapped card or have to make a new one of our own of that recipe?  
I also wondered previously if the recipe we try has to be from this quarter or can it be any recipe from a swap?

Also - can you please tell me Celestine how you got the “@SodScrap” to work?  I tried it on another thread and it didn’t turn blue.  Is there something you do besides typing it?   Thanks!  :) 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

@Celestine

The "quarterly challenge" will be posted with the April recipe theme.  The recipe card does not have to be included but the recipe and your photo of it need to be included.  (This is a nutshell explanation)  

Thanks, Conda. I'll wait until the April challenge comes out for the full explanation and do my LO then!

2 hours ago, SodScrap said:

@Celestine

The "quarterly challenge" will be posted with the April recipe theme.  The recipe card does not have to be included but the recipe and your photo of it need to be included.  (This is a nutshell explanation)  

Ok, so this means we still don’t know if the recipe card we try has to be specifically from this quarter?  I originally was looking back at recipes from a few years ago too, but not sure if the ones we try should only be from January? 

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

Ok, so this means we still don’t know if the recipe card we try has to be specifically from this quarter?  I originally was looking back at recipes from a few years ago too, but not sure if the ones we try should only be from January? 

I'm going to say it doesn't matter *when* the recipe was in the swap.  Any recipe from the swap will work.