Weekend Challenge April 4, 2020

SodScrap

April 2020.  This year is flying by, or is it just me?  I feel there are so many scrapping projects I need to do that sometimes it's overwhelming and I don't know where to start.  Today's challenge is to do a fast and easy page.  Use an Easy Page, Album Page, Jiffy Album Page, JIF.  Check out the Easy Pages category in the design shop.  This is a great time to use those that are included free with the ScrapGirls Club.  Our designers have made layouts super quick and easy, yet still, fabulous using their ready-made layouts.  Give it a try!!  Heck, you might even have time to do more than one!

I can't wait to see your quick pages.  Please post them in the Weekend Challenge Gallery and post a link back in this thread for all to see.

@SodScrapBecause I scrap in 8.5x11 landscape it is difficult for me to use quick pages. Most are not amenable to scaling down to that size and no one seems to make them anything but 12x12. If they come in a collection I usually just delete them or don't even download them. I have some very old Jif pages that are psd. Does it still count if I use them just like a regular template?

I did find a QP that altered fairly well, but for future reference would like to know the answer to my question.

Here is my QP LO Birdhouse

Used ABR Simplify JIF LO1 with fonts Chaparral Pro Bold Italic for text and Marhaban regular for titleApril-4-weekend-challenge-birdhouse-web.jpg.c611c0d8c8c3732c73d2aaa841070507.jpg

Edited by scrapgarden
found a work around and added my LO

1 hour ago, scrapgarden said:

@SodScrapBecause I scrap in 8.5x11 landscape it is difficult for me to use quick pages. Most are not amenable to scaling down to that size and no one seems to make them anything but 12x12. If they come in a collection I usually just delete them or don't even download them. I have some very old Jif pages that are psd. Does it still count if I use them just like a regular template?

Hey Lynne, Conda can answer your question about the challenge, but I can tell you from experience that at ScrapGirls our aim is to have you scrapping and it’s been said, “There’s no scrapping police”.  So, whatever works for you is always ok.    Just keep on scrappin’!  :)

2 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

I did find a QP that altered fairly well, but for future reference would like to know the answer to my question.

Here is my QP LO Birdhouse

Used ABR Simplify JIF LO1 with fonts Chaparral Pro Bold Italic for text and Marhaban regular for titleApril-4-weekend-challenge-birdhouse-web.jpg.c611c0d8c8c3732c73d2aaa841070507.jpg

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Hey Lynne, Conda can answer your question about the challenge, but I can tell you from experience that at ScrapGirls our aim is to have you scrapping and it’s been said, “There’s no scrapping police”.  So, whatever works for you is always ok.    Just keep on scrappin’!  :)

Yep!  Marilyn is correct!  No police here.  Your layout is beautiful!

5 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Yep!  Marilyn is correct!  No police here.  Your layout is beautiful!

Thanks for responding. I was fairly certain that was the case, but just wanted to make sure. Wow! with no police we must be a very law abiding group. Lovely to be around?

On 4/4/2020 at 10:48 PM, Jane in N.Z said:

I only seem to use these for a challenge so here is mine :) 

Freda's 80th

On 4/5/2020 at 3:43 AM, A-M said:

I am like Jane and really only use Jifs for challenges. This one I found in my stash was a layered PSD one so I enjoyed using it for.... Tamborine Mountain

On 4/6/2020 at 12:07 PM, ScrapgirlCindy said:

Perfect kit for this old family pic of my mother and my sister, who recently passed away.  Here is MINE

On 4/6/2020 at 10:15 PM, Mikelle said:

Here's mine:  Grandma, Mom, and Me 1972

40 minutes ago, AnnBK said:

This is a first, I have never used a JIF before!  http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/185864-weekend-wildcard/

You guys!!!  I love your layouts!!  I don't use these very often either, but when I do, I think, "why don't I do this more often"!!  You all are rocking this challenge.  I've seen several layouts that make me want to dig out that "easy page" from my stash!  A lot of inspiration for me here!  

Can I take the day off and scrap????  Hmmmm....if only my boss wasn't so mean.  ??

22 hours ago, SodScrap said:

You guys!!!  I love your layouts!!  I don't use these very often either, but when I do, I think, "why don't I do this more often"!!  You all are rocking this challenge.  I've seen several layouts that make me want to dig out that "easy page" from my stash!  A lot of inspiration for me here!  

Can I take the day off and scrap????  Hmmmm....if only my boss wasn't so mean.  ??

HAHA, you mean Boss, you!   
I laughed at your comment because I felt the same about my layout and easy pages.   And, then I loved the way it came out!   :)