Tuesday Challenge 7th April

ValerieT

I realised yesterday that in the last few weeks, stuck at home, I have not picked up any camera. Not once. I have not even taken a photo on my phone. In fact before this morning I had not taken a photo since Kiahna's birthday at the beginning of March.

So today I want you to pick up your camera, any camera, and take a photo or two and then create a layout with those photos.. You could show us your garden, wildlife you can see from your window, a project you are working on, something you have baked. The choice is yours.

When you are finished upload your layout to the Tuesday Newsletter Challenge gallery.

Great subject I will make one when I get home from making face masks. Stay safe everyone.

Here is my today photos page. I organized  a mask sewing day at the clubhouse.....well it turns out we will be here all week but we will be making lots of masks to give to people in our area.

Lately I have been taking all sorts of photos.... greeting cards I have been making, jigsaws I have been doing ( onto my 4th one since 30th March), cooking, in yard where Ken is constructing a dry creek bed and waterfall feature.

But once I read this challenge I went outside to take a photo of the raindrops on one of the roses because we had rain last night but I spotted a little visitor on the Blue Moon Rose. I am pleased how the photo turned out with my little camera. It is a very tiny spider and so interesting to see how they have  the same intricate markings like larger spiders do.   Then when we had morning tea down in Ken's Folly ( small pavilion)  I spotted this insect and  I am not sure if it is a butterfly or not? so..... Nature Photography

7 hours ago, A-M said:

Lately I have been taking all sorts of photos.... greeting cards I have been making, jigsaws I have been doing ( onto my 4th one since 30th March), cooking, in yard where Ken is constructing a dry creek bed and waterfall feature.

But once I read this challenge I went outside to take a photo of the raindrops on one of the roses because we had rain last night but I spotted a little visitor on the Blue Moon Rose. I am pleased how the photo turned out with my little camera. It is a very tiny spider and so interesting to see how they have  the same intricate markings like larger spiders do.   Then when we had morning tea down in Ken's Folly ( small pavilion)  I spotted this insect and  I am not sure if it is a butterfly or not? so..... Nature Photography

Your photos are truly stunning and so professional looking; I really enjoyed seeing them!

Valerie, today, Wednesday, April 8, I realize that I have been in such a state that although I have taken a few photos, not too many of them, and I have not felt in the least creative.  I haven't even checked in on the site in nearly a month.  It took me an entire week before I downloaded this month's beautiful club, and I normally do it first thing on the first.  I'm going to make a real effort to get myself back on track and although our Easter celebration will be different this year, I will get photos of my family through my daughter and will make layouts of those, I will try to do justice to the beauty that is outside my door as things are blooming and spring is bringing our earth back to life.  We will I pray, all get through this and maybe by immersing myself in doing something creative rather than  jigsaw puzzles (which I've run out of) ? and Netflix it will be a little easier.  Valerie, thank you for this challenge, and everyone stay well. 

9 hours ago, Grandmadori said:

Valerie, today, Wednesday, April 8, I realize that I have been in such a state that although I have taken a few photos, not too many of them, and I have not felt in the least creative.  I haven't even checked in on the site in nearly a month.  It took me an entire week before I downloaded this month's beautiful club, and I normally do it first thing on the first.  I'm going to make a real effort to get myself back on track and although our Easter celebration will be different this year, I will get photos of my family through my daughter and will make layouts of those, I will try to do justice to the beauty that is outside my door as things are blooming and spring is bringing our earth back to life.  We will I pray, all get through this and maybe by immersing myself in doing something creative rather than  jigsaw puzzles (which I've run out of) ? and Netflix it will be a little easier.  Valerie, thank you for this challenge, and everyone stay well. 

Doris, I was so happy to see your page and you.   I’ve noticed you missing and was hoping you were ok.  You are not alone;  there’s been a few threads and mentions in others that seem that so many of us are distracted, unfocused and having a hard time.   And even WITH all this newfound time, I’ve found it so hard to be creative.  We’re all in this together and I’m glad you’re back to try, it’s all we can do.   And, I really liked your mask layout with your beautiful family keeping safe in your creativity.

So I did take my camera with me when I went out today, and although I took pictures different places around the neighborhood, I did my layout with these that were right across the street from me.  I looked out the door and there was this heron, I love them.  I quietly walked up to the edge of the lake and started shooting.  I thought about going back inside and getting my big camera with the good telephoto lens, but was afraid he'd leave while I was gone.  Here is mine,

Solitary Blue

Valerie, thank you for your kind words, and we are all in this together.  ❤️

On 4/8/2020 at 9:19 AM, Grandmadori said:

I totally understand how you feel. I have stopped working on my project life because I just am unmotivated to try to take photos. My job is considered essential so I still go to work and occasionally DH and I will go out to geocache but you can only scrap about those things so much. My creative mojo has pretty much left the building. I still try to do at least the ATC challenge. They are small and don't take too much energy. So hang in there and I'll pray that our mojo will return sooner rather than later. :)