A Trip to the Zoo Chat - Pick your Layout Items Here!

MariJ

7 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Sorry I missed the chat it was 6am here :) I would normally be awake then but it was the first day of level 3 so DD came for dinner so had a bit of a late night :) 

Painting eggs

How nice you could be with your daughter again, NZ has sure done an awesome job dealing with the virus.   I hope Michele is feeling well, it’s getting close to Grandma time!  :) 

Whew!  That was a lot of different elements to gather for my layout.  I used 3 photos, one turned into sepia (sunhat); I colorized a SSpaper template, something I'd never done before and still not sure I have it right (ice cream); then I needed to use an alpha, the color gold and the color orange for my three animals; I did a large title, three buttons, and five lines of journaling!  Here's my layout

Through the Years

I do want to add that I really enjoyed the chat today, and had fun putting everything together.  Thanks again for providing me a place to "play."

Got it loaded!

Somewhere in Time by Aimee Harrison Designs
 Sun Hat Sun Hat (3 photos - alter one to sepia or BW)
 Pretzel (1 floral and two plain papers
 Lions, use a style bevel on title
 Monkeys,use a brush
 Zebra (use stripes somewhere on your page)
 Pony ride create or use a cluster
Pizza (5 lines of journaling
 Tote bag (Use a BIG title on your page

Chat Tues Zoo

57 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

For some reason the gallery will not let me load this layout.

Somewhere in Time by Aimee Harrison Designs
 Sun Hat Sun Hat (3 photos - alter one to sepia or BW)
 Pretzel (1 floral and two plain papers
 Lions, use a style bevel on title
 Monkeys,use a brush
 Zebra (use stripes somewhere on your page)
 Pony ride create or use a cluster
Pizza (5 lines of journaling
 Tote bag (Use a BIG title on your page

amBmrFq.jpg

Barbara, Hilary is saying that also.  I was just going to try and upload one to see if it would go.  I’ll let Angie know too.

3 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

I tried to load the weekly ch and it did the same thing. 

Ok, I couldn’t get the Michief Week Gallery to work, I let Angie know but I’ll update that apparently no Galleries are working! 
Thanks Barbara, sorry for the aggravation.  ?

Here is my contribution

I used ABR_SSPaper_BittyPatterns for the bg paper and used soft light blending mode to blend it into the cream colour. BMU_DynaBrush created the shape for the photo and also the white hazy edge. There is a gold heart a ribbon and tag all from AFT_Eucalyptus. Bradley Hand script and Ariel Black were my 2 fonts. Ariel Black created the big title.

Phew!

Here is my layout: Adore You.

I had to pick three photos and make one black and white. Then I had to add a ScrapSimple paper template and color it. I ended up adding two from the same AFT Designs Absolutely Blended kit. I left one black and white and colored the other one a creamy white. Then I had to use something striped, so I put a "Rustic Reflections" black and white striped paper behind the paper templates. I had to use an alpha, and it was toss up between the the chalkboard tags from BMU_DinnerParty and the cream tags from LLO_DecoDreams. I was layering them, trying to decide which one I liked and then I liked the look of the black tags under the cream tags, so I just removed the letters on the bottom and left the layers. Next I had to add something black and white. I ended up using two black and white things: the matte from BMU_DinnerParty and the dangling jewelry from LLO_DecoDreams. Next was a frame (AFT_FancifulFrames), which I added as a brush over the large photo. Then I had to use word art and a large title. I did double duty with that by adding "adore" from ABR_YouAre and duplicating it in the cream color. I did add a little journaling under the large photo.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:25 PM, Grandmadori said:

Going to try to make it to the chat tomorrow, just in case, here's my list.

What to wear:  sun hat  (its going to be very sunny)

Snack:  ice cream  (its going to be sunny and hot)

Animals to visit:  Penguins, giraffes, tigers  

Ride:  Sky ride  (I can see everything from up here)

Lunch:  pizza  (I feel its "safe")

Souvenir:  Tote bag  Can always use another bag

So sorry I didn't post link here!  Is it too late?

Through the Years

Here is my page Trip to the Zoo

I used

5 photos but two are blended for the background,

2 papers blended for background,

style-SNU_Shadowme,

ABR-Templace

3 buttons-AHA_intothewild,

journaling

I deleted the orange

Thank you Marilyn, it was fun and I was so sad to miss the chat.