Scrap Girls World Tour 2020

ValerieT

World Tour Plate.jpg

Welcome to the
Scrap Girls World Tour
:sinking::sinking::sinking::sinking::sinking:

Join us as we once again head round the world looking for inspiration to create layouts. This year could be the craziest yet!

Complete layouts to gain stamps in the passport. Each stamp is worth one entry in the prize draw. At the end of the tour, we will do a random draw, and you could win one of three $5 Gift Certificates to use in the Scrap Girls Boutique.

Each time we stop at a new location we will give you some inspiration for you to create a layout. You may also be given a task to complete. Check each day's itinerary to see what you need to do.
  • You are free to interpret each location’s inspiration in any way you wish.
  • There are no daily time limits, even if the post says today, tomorrow or any date.
  • Do not post your finished layout until we tell you to, just in case something un-expected happens. That should probably be "something un-expected WILL happen".
  • You do not have to complete a layout for every location, unless you wish to.
  • You can combine inspirations; however, you can only receive one stamp in the passport for each layout.
  • You have until 11:59pm (ET) on Sunday 31st May to post your layouts. Any layouts or tasks posted after this time will not earn a stamp on the passport.

Please be aware the passport will not be updated everyday, I aim to update it at least four times a week. I will let you know in the game thread when it has been updated. If you think you are missing a stamp please feel free to send me (ValerieT) a PM.

This year's image for your signature can be found here http://scrapgirls.com/BLINKIES/WorldTourPlate.png
If you need help adding it to your signature please ask

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st May

Welcome to this year’s world tour. I don’t know about you but I could really use a tour around the world right now.

Your task today is to sign in and pick your room. Remember this is a very special vessel and can accommodate all requests.

We have a new chef this year who is keen to show off his skills. He promises to bring us cuisine from everywhere we visit. So make sure you check out the Menu of the day once we get on our way.

The World Tour!  Me, me, me!  I almost forgot about the World Tour.  I assume this vessel is virus-free, so let's get going!  I'm officially signing in, and I'd like State Suite #71, please.  I've seen from the brochure that this particular suite has huge picture windows, a large deck, a yoga area and treadmill, a large desk with two monitors for scrapping, and an open, free chocolate bar available anytime that is magically restocked hourly.  There also appears to be a jacuzzi on the deck, with a great view as we travel.

Oh YAY! I’m in! I’ll take a room with the lovely balcony. I believe it has soft jazz playing in the evenings and a water wall trickling in the bathroom. And if it’s allowed I’d like to reserve a chaise lounge poolside under the cabana and near the hunky cabana boys station. ?????

Count me in I would like one of the suites on the top deck with a hot tub please. The one with the bar and barman, too. Private access but please give all the scrapping friends passes they will want to come up for sunset views and cocktail hour. Thank you so much.

4 hours ago, Mikelle said:

The World Tour!  Me, me, me!  I almost forgot about the World Tour.  I assume this vessel is virus-free, so let's get going!  I'm officially signing in, and I'd like State Suite #71, please.  I've seen from the brochure that this particular suite has huge picture windows, a large deck, a yoga area and treadmill, a large desk with two monitors for scrapping, and an open, free chocolate bar available anytime that is magically restocked hourly.  There also appears to be a jacuzzi on the deck, with a great view as we travel.

Can I come visit? I would like to try the chocolate bar please.

Yay a world tour! Sign me up please! I can never afford a room with a balcony when I cruise so I "bags" one now. In fact make that a suite. And - seeing as anything goes on this cruise I request special stabilisers for my room so that no matter how rough the sea, my room is always on the level. I want a handsome waiter, looking something like Antonio Banderas to be there to fulfill my every wish. I want the views to be on my side of the ship all the time and a really good camera to record them. It's not asking too much - is it?!

Oh yes I could really do with a cruise so sign my up please. This is probably the safest cruise ship to be on and we wont be allowed to travel overseas for a while so its going to be fun :) I'll have a cabin with a balcony suit with maybe a 180 degree view and of course large enough to hold all you guys when you visit ( at least we wont need to social distance on her )  :) and somewhere near the pool so I can hope in quickly.

Yay - a World Cruise! Sign me up! I'd like a very large room with an ocean and pool view, a large mini-bar filled with snacks. (Um... is there such a thing as a "large" mini bar? :D ) and a handsome waiter who'll fetch me drinks. Maybe Hilary will share Antonio with me. :) Oh... and a retractable roof so I can see stars at night.

See all of you tomorrow! Let the fun begin!

53 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Can I come visit? I would like to try the chocolate bar please.

Well of course - and no need for social distancing or masks on this boat/plane/hovercraft/whatever we're on - no viruses allowed!  Of course, you also my request your own personal chocolate bar in your room, too.

7 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Yay - a World Cruise! Sign me up! I'd like a very large room with an ocean and pool view, a large mini-bar filled with snacks. (Um... is there such a thing as a "large" mini bar? :D ) and a handsome waiter who'll fetch me drinks. Maybe Hilary will share Antonio with me. :) Oh... and a retractable roof so I can see stars at night.

See all of you tomorrow! Let the fun begin!

Oh a retractable roof - I never thought of that. I'll have one of those too please!

2nd May

Today we want you to make sure you have everything you need for our trip.

Search the Scrap Girls shop for the following items. Post a link to a product containing each item.

• Camera
  • Passport
  • Clothing
  • Shoes
  • Umbrella

We are heading to our first destination on Monday. I can't wait!

4th May
We are starting our World Tour in Arizona, at the Grand Canyon. It is no wonder that this place is considered one of the natural wonders of the world.

Grand Canyon.jpg

Start a new layout with grand as your inspiration.

Available in the restaurant today are hamburgers, brownies and apple pie.

4 hours ago, ValerieT said:

4th May
We are starting our World Tour in Arizona, at the Grand Canyon. It is no wonder that this place is considered one of the natural wonders of the world.

Grand Canyon.jpg

Start a new layout with grand as your inspiration.

Available in the restaurant today are hamburgers, brownies and apple pie.

I have just the photos! Do you need us to post our progress Valerie?

18 hours ago, englishrose said:

I have just the photos! Do you need us to post our progress Valerie?

You can if you wish but it is not a requirement.

5th May

Why is it that when you are all let loose for the first time, something always goes wrong?

Hand-gliding in the dark after eating so many hamburgers and all that pie was not the best idea anyone has ever had. It may take us a while to fish the culprits out of the river.

While you are waiting, add something red or orange (to match the colour of the rock) to your layout.

When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.