Scrap Girls World Tour 2020

ValerieT

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um... I was just released on the promise that I won't touch those stones again.  I figured they were magic, though, and I could travel through time.  I sure did travel - to a nice cozy cell!

13th May
We have left England behind and headed to Rome. We are going on a tour of the Flavian Amphitheatre, also known as the Colosseum.

the-colosseum-tour-1551177291-785X440.jpg

Built in 70-80 AD, it was used for many public spectacles. The most known of these were the gladiatorial contests.

Start a new layout with old as your inspiration.

Available in the restaurant today are Ragu alla Bolognese, Risotto and Gelato.

6 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Um... I was just released on the promise that I won't touch those stones again.  I figured they were magic, though, and I could travel through time.  I sure did travel - to a nice cozy cell!

I never figured you for one to break the rules but I am sure glad you are back with us for the next adventure. See you at the pool later for a nice relaxing swim ok??

7 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I'm glad the cake we baked you with the file inside worked to get you out! Welcome back. :) 

Ha ha, the pool was just what I needed, and yes Diane, not only did I enjoy that cake, but the file was definitely  helpful!  Glad they didn't find it, and good thing we headed for the Colosseum just in time!

14th May
Hangliding, kidnapping horses, climbing on Stonehenge and now gladiatorial battles. The poor hospitals could have done without all the injuries you had last night. Hope you are still able to use your computers?

Make sure there is some stone on your layout.

When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Here is my old page with stone. May 14

What a fun time I am having. I missed allot yesterday when I went off with friends to binge watch Downton Abbey We had delidous sushi for lunch so I wasn't able to eat much dinner but I did try everything and it was delicious!!!! I had the risotto with shrimp and  spinach....out of this world.

I hope everyone heals from all these injuries from dangerous shenanigans but I understand this amazing boat is self healing so I guess a day of rest and we can get off on more adventures.

4 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Great party last night, everyone! And weren't those gladiators something? :D Oh.. um... yes... that's right, back to work on a layout. See you later.

Yes great night last night Diane was it you who brought that big cute cat back its purring was rather loud it made me jump :) 

Here is my LO #5  A Bygone Era

The gladiators....one of them looked just like Russell Crow.  Well it's been a busy trip. Just before we got to Rome I found out I was a new member of the Creative Team. Yay! I'm sorry I missed last night's party. Still trying to get organized.  Here is MAGIC LO #4

29 minutes ago, SkyMom said:

The gladiators....one of them looked just like Russell Crow.  Well it's been a busy trip. Just before we got to Rome I found out I was a new member of the Creative Team. Yay! I'm sorry I missed last night's party. Still trying to get organized.  Here is MAGIC LO #4

Hey, SkyMom: Congratulations! Your work is fabulous.

The tradition is that new members of the Creative Team have to supply the snacks for tonight's party. Ok... I admit I just made that up, but maybe you'll bring them anyway? :D (And you can bring Russell Crowe too. )

3 hours ago, Florida granny said:

The tradition is that new members of the Creative Team have to supply the snacks for tonight's party. Ok... I admit I just made that up, but maybe you'll bring them anyway? :D (And you can bring Russell Crowe too. )

Thank you! 

I'm up for being snack lady.    Since we're still in Rome, I'll bring Crostini and Saba. Great idea about Russell. I'm sure he won't mind. ?

3 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Nope not russel Crowe ugh... Bring Tom Ellis... ok most of you won't know him but I'm in love. lol.(he is Lucifer on the TV show... but I love him from Miranda on Netflix).

3 minutes ago, SkyMom said:

Thank you! 

I'm up for being snack lady.    Since we're still in Rome, I'll bring Crostini and Saba. Great idea about Russell. I'm sure he won't mind. ?

I want Gellatto! .... please?

15th May
We have crossed the Ionian Sea to Greece, to visit Olympia. Said to be where the ancient Olympic games were held, it is now where the torch begins its journey.

ancient-olympia-was-one-of-the-most-sacred-and-glorious-sanctuaries-of-the-ancient-world-shutterstock_604221098_sunset-in-ancient-olympia-greece.jpg

While we are here make sure you check out the Temple of Hera, the Philippeionand the Palaestra at Olympia.

Start a new layout with sport as your inspiration.

Available in the restaurant today are a Feta Cheese Salad, Moussaka and Kolokythokeftedes (courgette/zucchini balls)

Yes Greek food!!! I love it. Can we have Spanakopita  too Please, it's one of my favorites. I want to go to Greece. Being near Tarpon Springs the Greek sponge capital in Florida we get Greek food often and go to their festivals...so much fun.

Diane, great idea to have a party with new team member Nicole. I will be at the party but I'm bringing Rod Stewart- maybe he will sing to us.

Off to work on the next LO. Looks like a great photo op too so I will bring my camera. See you at the party tonight.

14 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Nope not russel Crowe ugh... Bring Tom Ellis... ok most of you won't know him but I'm in love. lol.(he is Lucifer on the TV show... but I love him from Miranda on Netflix).

Do we have to choose? Bring 'em both! :D (I enjoy watching Lucifer but never saw Miranda on Netflix. Will have to check that out.)
Oh, and Debby is bringing Rod Stewart to sing to us, too.