Scrap Girls World Tour 2020

ValerieT

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Hi Diane and Everyone else.... I just love the pool - right? And that food... oh my! I think I've gained like 10 lbs already! But.... party on sista's!

I heard that calories don’t count aboard this magical ship. So bring it on!! ?????????

20th May
We have headed further south to the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. We will be visiting what is considered by many to be the world’s largest waterfall, it is 5,604 ft wide. There are also two national parks here, we might get lucky and get to see some amazing wildlife as well.

header-victoria-falls-VICTORIAFALLS1219.jpg

Start a new layout with water as your inspiration.

Available in the restaurant today is Nshima, a stew with vegetables, and Nhedzi, a rich wild mushroom soup.

21st May
What animals did you manage to spot yesterday, either at the falls or either of the national parks? 

Make sure there is an animal print somewhere on your layout.

When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

22nd May
We have headed north east to Al-Khazneh in Petra, Jordan. This elaborate temple is more commonly known as The Treasury and has appeared in many films and TV series.

treasury+petra.jpg

Although it is believed Al-Khazneh was originally built as a mausoleum there is one legend that involves bandits and pirates. It is said that they hid their loot in the temple. Another legend says that the Pharaoh at the time of Moses used it as a treasury. It is from these legends that Al-Khazneh gets it’s more common name.

Start a new layout with treasure as your inspiration.

Available in the restaurant today is Mansaf. This is apparently rice and minced meat rolled in cabbage leaves.

6 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Treasury? Did you say treasury? Um... anyone interested in a treasure hunt? er... I mean in seeing this wonderful place close up? (VERY close up?) :D 

Yes I'll see it with you might look for those surprise treasures :) 

23rd May
I have received some very strange reports this morning from the local police. There appears to have been a lot of activity at Al-Khazneh last night. There are reports of many Hollywood style pirates and sword fights. Please tell me this wasn’t any of you!

Make sure you have a coin or something gold on your layout.

When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

21 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Treasury? Did you say treasury? Um... anyone interested in a treasure hunt? er... I mean in seeing this wonderful place close up? (VERY close up?) :D 

I am always up for adventure I would love to go on a treasure hunt ooops do you think we could get in trouble....let's go anyway.

Here is my gold treasure World Tour May 23. We went to the Royal Canadian Mint in Ottawo and picked up the 24K gold bar....wow amazing weight so when you see robberies on TV when they pic up lots of them----- those guys are really strong!!!

Wow we are really having fun and seeing such wonderful places.  The food has been fantastic, I am enjoying the different local foods. The Mansaf was good and reminded me of stuffed cabbage that grandma used to make. Well I am glad this week is over and now a day off with some pool time. Who wants to go to the saltwater pool with me?

36 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Wow we are really having fun and seeing such wonderful places.  The food has been fantastic, I am enjoying the different local foods. The Mansaf was good and reminded me of stuffed cabbage that grandma used to make. Well I am glad this week is over and now a day off with some pool time. Who wants to go to the saltwater pool with me?

Yes, the food on this trip has been wonderful. I enjoyed the Mansaf, too. Now for the saltwater pool! And maybe a mani/pedi afterwards. ?