Scrap Girls World Tour 2020

ValerieT

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all! Sorry I am late to the journey!  I am sorry if the helicopter landing on the top of the vessel interrupted anyone's experiences but I had been admiring your pages so much that I just HAD to join y'all!  Here is my journey so far:

May 1st:

My room is in the middle of the ship on one of the bottom levels.  I have a window in my room so I can see what time of night it is if I wake up during the morning.  I can’t wait to check out the chef! Food is #3 on the best things about a cruise!

May 2nd:

Camera: http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Embellishment-Templates-Camera-Time.html

Passport: http://store.scrapgirls.com/Value-Pack-Get-Away.html

Clothing: http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Embellishment-Templates-Fashion-Dolls-Super-Biggie-Commercial-License.html

Shoes: http://store.scrapgirls.com/Lazy-Summerdays-Collection.html

Umbrella: http://store.scrapgirls.com/Popsicles-and-Swimsuits-Collection-Mini.html

May 4th: Oh, I would love to go to the Grand Canyon some time! I will take a hamburger and a brownie!  

May 5th: Here is my layout.

May 6th: I love hiking! This looks like a fun place! Never heard of Ceviche!

May 7th: Sorry about the snoring. I got my husband a c-pap, but he refuses to wear it  

May 8th: Wow, Haiti is gorgeous!  Hope the horses don’t throw me off a cliff, lol. 

May 9th:

May 11th: Tikka Masala?  Hmm, may have to try it because I never heard of it.

May 12th- Prison?  Lol, well, I guess there is one in every bunch. 

May 13th: What a grand view- It’s amazing what different in entertainment we have now.   

May 14th: Computers? Heck no- I’m on vacation! Time to get away. Still need the camera on my phone, though.  That works.

May 16th:

May 18th: What a view! I would have loved to see it in its hay day.

May 19th:

May 21st:

May 23rd: Here is my layout.     

25th May
We have headed further east to the Himalayas. Make sure you have sturdy boots and mountaineering gear. We are climbing Mount Everest!

YpJfZRgby8BF6CfQv6Rg45-320-80.jpg

Alright that might be a bit of an exaggeration, we are only going as far as base camp. This is only 17,700 ft above sea level, not the full 29,035 ft.

Start a new layout with tall as your inspiration.

As we are on the south side of Everest and in Nepal the chef tells me we have Dal Bhat available in the restaurant. This is rice with lentil soup and vegetable or chicken curry.

26th May
I think some of you may be suffering from altitude sickness, many of you looked very dizzy last night. Better get you all back to a lower altitude.

No extra task, let's get to our next location quickly.

When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Here is my tall page World Tour May 26

These rockets ships are very tall and most interesting.

So much fun looking down from out from basecamp on Mt  Everest. Going down was painful as our toes were jammed into the front of our boots. I was really glad when Mikelle came up with the hang gliders so we could glide back down to the ship, it really saved our feet. It was so nice to land on the deck and get caught by the hunky men that we serving the food to Andrea and Diane. Whew...what a day.

27th May
We have headed south east to the Philippines. We will be heading to see the Banaue Rice Terraces. It is believed that the terraces were built with minimal equipment, and largely by hand over 2000 years ago. Locals still plant rice and vegetables on the terraces today, although the steps are starting to erode due to the constant reconstruction and care they require. 

v7z7ycs63d711.jpg

Start a new layout with terrace as your inspiration.

Available in the restaurant today is Adobo. The chef tells me this is pork and chicken braised in a sauce made from vinegar, oil, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns and soy sauce.

So glad Nicole was able to get that supersonic jet✈️ so she could catch up with us. They were not able to land on the ship so they dropped her in a parachute ?  What an adventure....great landing for a first time. I had a drink with her once she settled down and we had a great conversation then we went in the dining hall  to try the Dal Bhat.  I had never had it before and I kinda liked it. That is when the trouble started....Mikelle was there with Jane, Diane and Hilary  some of them didn't like the dinner and were complaining to the waiter, they were threatening to jump ship. Mikelle took off her shawl and went running to the bow of the boat to play that famous Titanic scene!!! I hope someone can stop her.

3 hours ago, Boatlady said:

So glad Nicole was able to get that supersonic jet✈️ so she could catch up with us. They were not able to land on the ship so they dropped her in a parachute ?  What an adventure....great landing for a first time. I had a drink with her once she settled down and we had a great conversation then we went in the dining hall  to try the Dal Bhat.  I had never had it before and I kinda liked it. That is when the trouble started....Mikelle was there with Jane, Diane and Hilary  some of them didn't like the dinner and were complaining to the waiter, they were threatening to jump ship. Mikelle took off her shawl and went running to the bow of the boat to play that famous Titanic scene!!! I hope someone can stop her.

Whew! We got Mikelle back just in time (though I noticed a lot of cell phone photos wound up on the ship's social media. :lol: )
And I'm glad we are all back on ship in time to try the adobo... not to mention the new drinks our waiters have concocted.

Hi, Nicole! That was quite a parachute jump! Glad you landed safely in the pool.

Now it's time for some relaxation... and thoughts about terraces.

3 hours ago, Boatlady said:

So glad Nicole was able to get that supersonic jet✈️ so she could catch up with us. They were not able to land on the ship so they dropped her in a parachute ?  What an adventure....great landing for a first time.

I had asked for a helicopter drop-off but apparantly there were a some ladies using the landing pad as a dance floor. Go figure! I wasn't too keen on the parachute and flew in a little close to the Titanic scene. Ladies, that seemed dangerous! ? Thanks for that drink, Debby. I was a little rattled but feeling much better now. LO #8 WATER

28th May
It was so nice to see so many of you out helping the locals tend the terraces yesterday. See, you can be good when you try!

As a reward for your good behavior there is no additional task today.

When you are finished post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Wow this trip if flying by. Things have been going pretty smoothly. Our chef has done an amazing job with native and local foods, Thank you so much and tell your staff we appreciate all the wonderful foods.  I guess the chef is taking a day off so we are on our own to find food. I am off to find a New England lobster does anyone want to join me. Valerie said this ship is magical so I am pretty sure I will get one.

Here is World Tour May 28

2 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Wow this trip if flying by. Things have been going pretty smoothly. Our chef has done an amazing job with native and local foods, Thank you so much and tell your staff we appreciate all the wonderful foods.  I guess the chef is taking a day off so we are on our own to find food. I am off to find a New England lobster does anyone want to join me. Valerie said this ship is magical so I am pretty sure I will get one.

Here is World Tour May 28

I grew up in New England but never developed a taste for lobster (Shh... Don't tell anyone. :D ) But I'll join you for some of New England's ice cream -- the best anywhere! 

1 minute ago, Florida granny said:

I grew up in New England but never developed a taste for lobster (Shh... Don't tell anyone. :D ) But I'll join you for some of New England's ice cream -- the best anywhere! 

I'll make ya a deal, Diane. I'll eat your share of lobster and you can eat my share of ice cream!!! :D