Scrap Girls World Tour 2020

ValerieT

Here is my Terrace layout - while this is not a terrace, the way the stones are laid reminded me of the rice terraces in the inspiration photo.  I went to a little strip mall that I'd never been to before, and had to wait for the meal I had to deliver to be made, and I found this little waterfall in the quadrangle of the mall, and took the photo just because, and then this challenge happened.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I'll make ya a deal, Diane. I'll eat your share of lobster and you can eat my share of ice cream!!! :D

This will be fun, we can all get sloppy!!!

15 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Ooohh.... food fight! Naw... we like our food too much, LOL. But I definitely think we should meet on the upper deck for cocktails first.

I'll join you for cocktails and I'll have both the lobster and ice cream :) not had lobster in years but we get amazing crayfish here and  are a bit similar.

Here is my Terrace LO  I was messing around with effects and this is what I came up with. 

29th May
Sadly we have reached our final destination for this year. We have arrived in Lintong county, China. We are off to see the Terracotta Army. It is estimated that there are more than 8,000 soldiers, 130 chariots and nearly 800 horses in the funerary art for the first Emperor of China. There are also non-military figures in other pits, including acrobats, strongmen and musicians.

Terracotta-Warriors-1280x342.jpg

Create a layout using a group photo. Go ahead and post it in The World Tour Gallery when you are finished.

Available in the restaurant today is Peking duck.

15 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Ooohh.... food fight! Naw... we like our food too much, LOL. But I definitely think we should meet on the upper deck for cocktails first.

I would not waste a bit of lobster so I vote no food fight . It would be nice to have a cocktail before dinner cause once I start eating lobster my hands will be a mess. Let's watch the sun set as we eat so we need a window table.

17 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I'll join you for cocktails and I'll have both the lobster and ice cream :) not had lobster in years but we get amazing crayfish here and  are a bit similar.

Here is my Terrace LO  I was messing around with effects and this is what I came up with. 

Awesome I am excited to have lobster with you Jane. Do you use the drawn butter cause I don't, I like the lobster meat just plain. The crayfish sound great maybe we could order some of them too.

2 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Awesome I am excited to have lobster with you Jane. Do you use the drawn butter cause I don't I like the lobster meat just plain. The crayfish sound great maybe we could order some of them too.

Mmm drawn butter with lobster!! I’m drooling over here. ? Since this is a magical ship we can use long curly straws so we can sip our drinks while eating.  A table by the window sounds perfect!

Here is my World Tour May 29- Montreal. I am looking forward to the Peking duck dinner I hope they serve sticky rice too, it's my fav rice. The process of making the duck is pretty incredible. See you all at the dining room I will be having some hot saki.

5 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Awesome I am excited to have lobster with you Jane. Do you use the drawn butter cause I don't, I like the lobster meat just plain. The crayfish sound great maybe we could order some of them too.

I won't come within 10 feet of a lobster.... I'm am extremely allergic, so no food fight. I'll just hang out at the pool.

21 hours ago, Boatlady said:

I'm not a fan of drawn butter I'm like you and prefer it plain. That lobster was delicious. What a fun evening it was :) 

Now for the Peking Duck........I was wondering where those cute birds had gone :) 

Here is my LO #12_group

30th May
Wow, I can’t believe we are at the end of this year’s world tour.

Take today to finish off any layouts or leave some comments in The World Tour Gallery.

Tonight the chef would like to cook everyone’s favourite dish that you sampled this month. So what was your favourite dish?

You have until 11:59 pm ET tomorrow, 31st May 2020 to post your layouts. Any layouts posted after this time will not be included in the prize draw.

I just did a head count and we are all on the ship, everyone is busy packing. I need to get home to pack up and leave to go North to our boat, I'm sure everyone is anxious to get back to real life.

I have had  fun and I think most of you did. A huge thank you to Valerie our tour guide  who found all these awesome places to go and arranged all the fabulous native and local cuisines for us. My favorite food was the Greek Feta Cheese Salad, Moussaka and Kolokythokeftedes (courgette/zucchini balls) but my favorite special order food was the lobster and those crayfish that Jane suggested were so awesome.

Thanks everyone for the fun month. As Bob Hope always said after a show. " Thanks for the memories"

All the food was tasty and surprisingly delicious, so it's hard to pick a favorite, but I'll go with Mayi Moulen Kole ak Legim, the cornmeal and vegetable stew we ate in Haiti. Yum!

Thanks everyone for making this World Tour another great one! And a special thank-you to Captain Valerie for the super itinerary.
Since we have time for one last party, let's get together and celebrate our voyage. See you at the party lounge!

Thanks for a fun cruise you took us on Captain Valerie :) I enjoyed all the food but I think the lobster was my favourite :) glad we don't gain calories on this cruise or i'd be about 10kg heavier :) Time for one last party so I'll join Diane in the party lounge

I have only just been able to check the forum, after I couldn't get on this morning.

Due to the technical issues there have been, the deadline to post layouts for the World Tour has been extended.

So if you have anymore layouts you would like to post you have until 8am ET (1pm BST) tomorrow 2nd June to upload them.