Journaling Chat and Challenge UPDATED!

Thanks for a great chat, everyone!  Here is your journaling challenge:  

Your challenge is to incorporate journaling on your layout – but stretch yourself by using a new technique or idea from one of the tutorials given below.  When you post your layout, tell us what you did that was new for you, and what tutorial you used.  If you find a different journaling tutorial that you’d like to use, that’s great too, just let us know what it was, and if it’s an SG tutorial, post a link to it so we can all learn (only provide a link if it's from Scrap Girls).

Here are a few recommended tutorials:

Journaling Placement on Scrapbook Pages by Amy Flanagan

Journaling Inside a Shape  (Not sure who wrote this one, but I use this technique ALL the time on my layouts - really changed my journaling forever!)

Text Tool Basics by Anna Mansfield

Five Tips for Creative Journaling by Joyce Schardt

Creating Custom Journaling Cards by April Martell

Once you've finished your layout, post it in the Mischief Week/iNSD Challenge Gallery, and then come back to this thread and leave a link to your layout so that we can all admire it!  Also, don't forget you'll get a prize if you complete at least two iNSD challenge layouts, and possibly the grand prize for completing all 6 layouts (info below):

There are lots of iNSD Prizes!
Anyone who finishes a layout for all 6 iNSD Chats by 11:59 p.m. Monday, May 4th will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing for a $40 ScrapGirls Shop Gift Certificate!

There are more prizes for any participant who qualifies:

• Complete 2 iNSD Challenge layouts, and you'll receive a $2 Gift Certificate!
  • Complete 4 iNSD Challenge layouts, and you'll receive a $5 Gift Certificate!
  • Complete all 6 challenge layouts and you'll receive a $10 Gift Certificate!

I did Journaling placement on SG pages 
Dad & Me

Can someone tell me if you can do the Journaling inside a shape in elements 19 as I could only get to where you select the magic wand but when I clicked inside the work space I couldn't find where to choose 'Make work path'  I would love to have done this as I remember years ago I could do it in PS5 but had forgotten all about it :( .

Here is my journaling LO.

I love to make text in an irregular shape to fit a space in my page. I also add bold, italic or one size larger on certain words to emphasize them. Placeing a small vellum piece under a word to emphasize it is a good way to pep up journaling.

Here is mine: Popcorn Bar iNSD Journaling.  I was influenced by Amy's tutorial, Journaling on Scrapbook pages. After reading that tutorial, I chose my photos, then I started with the text box and the titles. I let them lead the layout instead of the other way around. After reading the article about journaling in a shape, I decided to create a custom shape and journal inside it, since that is something I've never done before. The pennant arrow shape was influenced by the banner cards in the photo. I also duplicated the shape for a photo. Thanks for the fun challenge!

Whew! Journalling is big a challenge for me. I looked at the tutorials and tried several different methods but will have to read and practice more to get what I really wanted for this layout. In the end  I was able to get a few notes on a shape that I found. Here is my Layout.