Up the Stairs in digital Scrap booking

kathismac

Hello, I'm Kathi from Tucson.

I have been with SG from the beginning in 2004; but I never was interested in taking any classes so I hardly ever came 'up the stairs' [well, maybe once in a while, but always silently.] This is new ground for me. I am a genealogist for my family [ies], which are the McMaster, Burnell, Thompson, Ransom, Vanderwater - to start with; most of my families came across the pond from Ireland/Scotland, England, & the Netherlands. I love digital Scrap booking - made several genealogy themed books...which were received quite nicely from my living families. I plan to teach my 10 yr old granddaughter how to digitally scrap!...when the pandemic crisis is over and I can spend time with her again! Does anyone else think from time to time - "I NEED A HUG!!?"

until later, Kathi....from Tucson!

Edited by kathismac
I forgot that I signed up on this forum.....

Welcome back...that is a great idea to teach your granddaughter. Hugs and we look forward to seeing her work here so please post it..

Welcome-coin.jpg

Hugs! Sounds like a wonderful bonding activity for you and your daughter. When I transitioned from paper to digital scrapbooking, I sold all of my stuff on Craigslist to a mother and your young daughter who wanted to get started. It was the only way I was able to let it all go, lol.  

Hi Kathi!  I'm glad you did finally "come up the stairs."  I hope you stick around the forum!  Come do some of the challenges - that's how most of my layouts get done, and the challenges stretch my skills often, or make me try things I otherwise wouldn't.  I hope you can get your granddaughter into scrapping.  So far my kids (11 and 13, both girls) haven't been all that interested in it, nor too interested in taking photos.  I've been taking photos to document my life since I was 12.  I suppose they're both used to having me hovering around, taking the photos for them.

I do hope you get to see the rest of your family soon, but until then, virtual hugs!

Welcome to the forum!  So glad you came up the stairs!

I'm fortunate I have 2 dogs who give wonderful hugs - usually accompanied by an exfoliation treatment on my face, which is not so wonderful. :)  Missing hugs might be the worst part of this whole thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Have fun teaching your GD. No one else in my family scraps but at least they enjoy seeing my LOs. 

Laura - I was a paper scrapper too years ago and sold/donated a lot of my stash but I still have a scrap room that is full of stuff, so my goal is to sell/donate the rest of it this year. It's hard to let go of it all but I know I'll never use most of it again, its just been collecting dust these past 5 yrs or so.