Some challenge questions

bcgal00

I've started doing the challenges and want to get clarification on a few things, please.

1.  Can I use my assortment of brushes? Can I create a clipping mask with them? Use my paint splat brushes, texturize with them, etc?

2.  Challenges are 100% SG products but retired products would be ok from an existing designer, right? 

I'm having fun but thought I should stop and ask these questions before going further. I'm loving being here doing the challenges, and want to be sure I abide by the rules. Thx.

Hi Rae!  The challenge layouts don’t have to be 100% SG products - just “mostly” SG products, and when you list your materials used when posting a layout, you can link to SG products in the store, but not to any products or designers outside of SG.  And yes, retired SG products are just fine, even from designers who are no longer at SG, if the products were bought through SG to begin with. I use retired products a LOT, including retired products from retired designers, or designers who were guests at SG or who are no longer here. After 10+ years of being with SG, I’d be frustrated not being able to use so much of my stash - and it would be so hard to keep track of what products/designers were retired. 

I hope this answer wasn’t too convoluted!  Glad you’re enjoying the challenges. I find the challenges are how I get most of my layouts done!

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

I have a challenge question also. If you use a non SG template what percentage is given to that item? I am talking about a customizable template, not a QP or a mostly made page.

I usually don't put too much weight on templates, since the papers and embellishments generally show more.