July 2020 Monthly Challenges

Mikelle

We did it!  We made it half way through 2020!  It's been rough, but hopefully the last half will be smoother.  To take your mind off of things for a while, here are your July monthly challenges.  You have all month to create them!  Post your layouts in the Monthly Challenge Gallery, then come back to this thread and leave links to your layouts so we can all admire them.  Remember too, the monthly layouts count for the Challenge Chase, so be sure to post links to your layouts in the July Challenge Chase thread to count toward earning the monthly coupon to the SG Shop.  

Here are your July Monthly Challenges:

1: Exercise:  Because we've all had a harder time getting out and about this year, exercise is more important than ever.  Create a layout based on a physical activity or exercise that you enjoy, such as walking, gardening, yoga, etc.

2:  Mixed up patterns!  Scrap a layout mixing stripes and polka dots.  You can do this in many different ways, using papers, embellishments, masks, brushes, even your photos.

3:  Tutorial:  Create a layout utilizing one of the many tutorials posted on the SG Blog HERE.  When you post the link to your layout in this thread, let us know which tutorial you used!  Make sure it's one that you haven't done before, so that you learn something new.

4:  Mood board:  Yay, I love mood boards!  I chose a summery board this time, from Pinterest.  Create a layout inspired by the mood board below - anything can be your inspiration, from the color palette to one specific object in a photo, or a shape... anything!

summer.png

• MariJ pinned this topic
On 7/2/2020 at 11:33 PM, Mikelle said:

Marilyn!  We missed you!

Thanks Mikelle, it’s been a long haul through Pandemic worries and quarantine and then having to take care of a family member who had a fall.   It was overwhelming so I’ve been trying to take it easy and relax.   It’s nice to be outside more now and I’m hoping to start more scrapping.   Missed you too.