Is there a tutorial?

So sometimes one has things in their stash that they realize they don't know how to use … so help please

I have in my stash a scrap simple brush from January called the good life stamp. I'd like to color it. Is that possible?  Is there a tutorial for doing so in Photoshop elements?

FLO_GoodLife_Stamp2.png

I use PS so not sure how things work in PSE but you should be able to do this in PSE:

• create a duplicate layer to stamp on (not effecting your original layer) and select a color for your brush (in PS I lock the layer so when I stamp it doesn't go outside the edges).
  • on a duplicate layer select a brush, set low opacity and with a soft edged brush, stamp over the area to recolor or create a new layer, fill with color of choice, with an inverted mask, paint the color onto the page.
  • I like to change the brush shape dynamics > angle jitter (don't know how to do this in PSE) which varies the angle of the stamp, so it looks like you rotate the stamp each time you stamp down with it (I only do this on a locked layer or else it could spill the color outside the lines as it rotates).

I hope this makes sense and that you can do this in PSE or find another way that works for you.

one really fast and easy way to color a brush is to use a style on it.  The boutique is absolutely full of lovely, colorful styles.

You can also layer a paper over it and create a clipping  mask.  You can get some really interesting effects that way.

Another quick easy way to change the color is to use your color picker and select whatever color you want. Then highlight the brush layer and with your keys hit "Alt - Shift-Backspace" and it will become the color of the foreground color. This is for PS, not sure how similiar it is in PSE. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 8:34 AM, Scrapin Pat said:

So sometimes one has things in their stash that they realize they don't know how to use … so help please

I have in my stash a scrap simple brush from January called the good life stamp. I'd like to color it. Is that possible?  Is there a tutorial for doing so in Photoshop elements?

FLO_GoodLife_Stamp2.png

What collection did it come fr)m? Was it the club? Usually the designer has a tutorial to go with the club. So if you have a SS club look for the tutorials. There are also tutorials in the blog. Just search for scrap simple tutorials there? HTH?

• 3 weeks later...