Let's play a game...Question and Answer

angleigh

It's the middle of summer here in the US, people are busy...it's a little quiet on the forum, so I decided let's play a game and  have a little fun.

Here's the rules:  I will start the thread off by asking 4 questions.   The next person will answer my 4 questions, and will ask 4 more question for the next person to answer.

You may answer questions more then once, but please let someone else answer/ask before you take another turn.  

Prize:  Each time you answer/ask a question will get you 1 entry.  This round of questions will end on Friday 7/17 and I will draw a winner for a $5 gift certificate next Saturday 7/18

So lets get started:

Have you always lived in the location you are living now?

Do you have pets?

Favorite breakfast food?

What's the one thing you miss from before this covid hit?

How fun! I will play.

What book are you currently reading? I don't read books.  My current read is my "American Nurse Today" magazine, published by the American Nurse Association

What’s your favorite flavor ice-cream? Chocolate, with chocolate syrup and nuts 

Did you cancel any vacation plans for the Summer/Winter this year because of COVID? Well, it's safe to say that my whole life was changed by COVID-19.  My career path changed, but for the better!  As far as plans cancelled, I am sad that I didn't get to see my niece graduate high school, my nephew graduate grade school, and that I didn't  get to walk across the stage to get my Master's Degree diploma.  Also, a friend's wedding was postponed, and I am not sure if I can attend two of my cousin's weddings this fall due to limited guest lists.  

Do you have a favorite part of your home? Well, since my home is a camper, I'd say it is the "garage" part of the toy hauler.  It's where my computer is. My computer is where I spend my downtime, usually on Scrapgirls, lol.

My questions:

1. What in your life is forever changed due to COVID-19?

2. What is your favorite Scrapgirls product?

3. If you go anywhere, where would it be and why?

4. Is it "Soda" or "Pop"?  

I'll answer next.

1. What in your life is forever changed due to COVID-19?

I will always be cautious about planned trips now. Thankfully we hadn't booked our train excursion through the US but we'd been looking and trying to figure out costs and dates when the pandemic hit so we have put those plans on hold indefinitely over the next yr before thinking about that holiday. Hubs and I have always wanted to travel by train across the country and will do it but not anytime soon.

2. What is your favorite Scrapgirls product?

I didn't think I would like them and am pleasantly surprised by how much I love the Scrap Simple products. I recently bought a bunch of overlays/textures and can't wait to start playing. I love to blend and stamp so this could keep me entertained for hours :) I just joined the monthly club and downloaded my first products. 

3. If you go anywhere, where would it be and why?

We want to do a Panama Canal cruise. When we sell our home in the next 2-3 yrs, we'll move further out, somewhere quieter, less busy, pay off debts, buy another home and reduce work hours so we can travel more. 

4. Is it "Soda" or "Pop"?  Pop

1. Do you know any of your neighbors?  We've lived in our neighborhood since the boys started kindergarten.  With that said we know 3 out of the 7 houses...they have all been here as long as we have.  Houses on both sides of me went up for sale this summer, one sold and an older couple moved in..but they have only been there maybe 2 weeks tops, they are going between this house and their old one.  The other house sold, but they close in 2 weeks and will remodel.  
  2. When was the last time you went to a drive-in movie?  It's been forever, but my son is going tonight.  They are playing older movies, and instead of double feature only one.  So it's just something to do
  3. What embellishment do you use a lot in your page design? Mask and flowers. I love mask, using them on photos, papers or blending into a paper
  4. Other than scrapping, do you have any hobbies? Photography.  I love it and right now should be my busy season.  I've got a few seniors scheduled, but most people are being hesitant about doing much.  And I LOVE football photography and i'm not sure if they will get to have a season this year

1: Do you miss sports not being played right now

2: Favorite color

3: Cake/cupcake or cookie

4: Is there one digital scrapbooking technique you'd love to learn or be better at

1: Do you miss sports not being played right now--not at all

2: Favorite color-- burgundy

3: Cake/cupcake or cookie---cookie

4: Is there one digital scrapbooking technique you'd love to learn or be better at---Changing color of specific part of a embellishment without changing the whole thing.

1. Do you like shopping?

2. Favorite food?

3. Where did you go last?

4. Do you leave love on the scrapbook pages in the gallery?

1. Do you like shopping? 
A little too much.

2. Favorite food?
This is a hard one. Roast beef and roast potatoes, or Blackened Salmon and a Salad.

3. Where did you go last?
Walmart

4. Do you leave love on the scrapbook pages in the gallery?
I try my best and do on most of them.

My questions:

1. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes?

2. Have you spring cleaned during Covid?

3. Have you made sourdough starter (seems like it’s a ‘thing’ during Covid)

4. Have you made an ATC for the swap yet?

1. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? Yes, my clogs that I've had for 25 years.

2. Have you spring cleaned during Covid? What's Spring Cleaning?

3. Have you made sourdough starter (seems like it’s a ‘thing’ during Covid) no

4. Have you made an ATC for the swap yet? no

My questions:

1. What's a good movie you've watched lately?

2. Do you ever eat just ice cream for dinner?

3. How many hours a day do you scrap?

4. What time do you get up in the morning?

1. What's a good movie you've watched lately?
    The Goldfinch

2. Do you ever eat just ice cream for dinner?
      No, but I've eaten just corn on the cob and strawberry shortcake. :) 

3. How many hours a day do you scrap?
       Lately, not many, but if I have photos or a book to scrap, I'll spend ... um... (I'm embarrassed here) 7 or 8 hours.

4. What time do you get up in the morning?
       Usually 7:30.

My questions:
1. How has your photo-taking changed since Covid-19, if at all?

2. Do you like to cook from scratch or do you prefer easy meals?

3. What's your favorite scrapping style? 

4.  If you had to choose, which TV show would you watch: drama or sitcom?

1.  How has your photo-taking changed since Covid-19, if at all?  I take lots of pictures in my garden - since our backyard is my favorite destination these days. 

2. Do you like to cook from scratch or do you prefer easy meals? Easy meals for sure!

3. What's your favorite scrapping style? I like blended layouts and creating visual effects that can't be done with traditional paper. 

4.  If you had to choose, which TV show would you watch: drama or sitcom? Probably drama. 

My questions:

Do you prefer to scrap in the morning, mid day or night time? 

Do you prefer Coffee or Tea or neither?

If you had to choose weather temperature forever, would you choose very hot or very cold?

If you could be a dog, a cat, or a bird,  which would you choose and why?

I'll answer now. 

Do you prefer to scrap in the morning, mid day or night time? I mostly scrap morning and then off and on throughout the day. Sometimes I will sit at my little computer in the LR and scrap at night while watching a show but I prefer daytime in my office with my dual monitors.

Do you prefer Coffee or Tea or neither? Both, coffee (3-4 cups) in the morning and then tea in the afternoon/evening. Sometimes I will have a coffee around 3 or 4 if I feel a big dragged out.

If you had to choose weather temperature forever, would you choose very hot or very cold? I don't like either extreme but very warm would be good. I tend to feel colder than most so my comfort (warm) zone is around 75-80.

If you could be a dog, a cat, or a bird,  which would you choose and why? A bird b/c who wouldn't love soaring thru the sky?

1. Do you stockpile/hoard anything?
    Scrapping supplies for sure! :D Thankfully, they are all on the computer and/or externals so I can still move through my house.
  2. Do you have a fave piece of clothing?
    Right now my fave is a pair of comfy white shorts that I wear every day.
  3. Do you buy any books/magazines?
    Both. I have magazine subscriptions and will buy books for the two book clubs I belong to. I also download freebie books from BookBub onto my iPad.
  4. Do you have a designated area for scrapping? Tell me about it.
    I scrap almost always on our desktop computer. It's in our den, surrounded by windows on two sides so I can look outside. I love this space!

My questions:
    1. What do you do for exercise?
    2. What kinds of books are your favorites.
    3. Do you choose your scrapping supplies first then find a photo for them, or do you look for the supplies that fit your photos?
    4. Do you have a good singing voice?

1. What do you do for exercise? Walk.
2. What kinds of books are your favorites. Crime/deceive type.
3. Do you choose your scrapping supplies first then find a photo for them, or do you look for the supplies that fit your photos? I get asked this one a lot. Mostly supplies and then find a photo to go with them.
4. Do you have a good singing voice? Yes. I’m an alto. But I’m not a soloist, I sing in choirs, or trio’s, quartets. (All my life).

1. Do you shop in malls? - no I hate them!

2. Do you like to travel, and to where? I love travelling within the UK. Scotland is my favourite destination.

3. Do you get mani/pedi’s? When I worked in an Further Education college the students were always looking for clients and I could get a manicure done very cheaply. Now I'm retired and spend a lot of time gardening, there seems little point.

4. Do you follow/like any particular artists? The definition of artists is so broad. Music artists - no. Artists in the traditional sense - I've just finished an on-line art history course on late 19th and early 20th century British art and have found some really lovely work.

1. Favourite drink-coffee
  2. What car do you drive-Ram 2500 truck
  3. What super power would you like to have endless energy lol
  4. Do you have a sweet tooth definitely

1. Sunrise or sunset?
  2. Coffee or tea?
  3. Windows or Mac?
  4. Are your fingernails painted?

How fitting that I get Conda's question since we've had the Mac/PC conversation many times

1. Sunrise or sunsetsunrise since i'm usually up by 3:30
  2. Coffee or tea?  neither...water  
  3. Windows or Mac?  Windows
  4. Are your fingernails painted?  Nope

Favorite animal at the zoo: Polar Bears!  The St Louis Zoo has a newer exhibit so we can watch them as they swim underwater!

what are your plans this weekend: We are currently parked in Des Moins, IA.  We are going to visit with my cousin for a bit. Sunday, we will move to a campground in Sioux Falls as I prepare to start orientation for my new job on Monday. 

love thunderstorms or could do without: Love them!!!  I'm the person who sits on the porch and watches the tornado go by (although, never experienced a tornado yet)

music or talk radio: Depends on my mood.  Music is always a mood enhancer for me.  If I am sad, it can cheer me up.  If I am happy, I will sing along.  

1. How many different places have you lived in? 

2. What is your favorite TV show?

3. How do you show off your scrapbook pages (for example- print into coffee table albums, print the pages and put in albums, don't print, Facebook)?

4. What led you to begin digital scrapbooking? 

Good morning, first my answers…
Question 1 - 4 Different places          Question 2 - Law & Order Series             Question 3 - Print and place in albums, DVDs
Question 4 - After my car accident and losing the use of my hands paper scrapping was difficult if not impossible. I saw an article about digital scrapbooking in a craft magazine while sitting in the BJ's checkout line. I bought the magazine and in the article it mentioned Scrap Girls and I have been a member since 2007. As a matter fact, the first customer service representative I had the pleasure of working with was Angie!

My questions…
1. Do you prefer High School, Collegiate or Professional  Sports?
2. Do you prefer to scrap using templates or freelance?
3. When scrapping do you scrap alone or with others?
4. If given your choice are you the ice cream cone type or would you prefer a Sundae with the works?

Here's my answers:

1. Do you prefer High School, Collegiate or Professional  Sports? Don't really watch sports but will occasionally catch a few minutes of our Vancouver Canucks during playoffs, so pro-sports for me (occasionally).

2. Do you prefer to scrap using templates or freelance? I always create my own design but will use templates for CT work when needed. I'm happy either way. 

3. When scrapping do you scrap alone or with others? I scrap alone. I joined in on a day crop last yr with some ladies who mostly paper scrapped, some did other crafts and I brought a laptop to scrap on. I had fun but really enjoy just being home, either watching the big screen tv while scrapping on my small computer or being downstairs with my dual monitors in my office while watching tv on my laptop.

4. If given your choice are you the ice cream cone type or would you prefer a Sundae with the works? I don't eat ice cream cones anymore they are my fave. A double scoop with a chocolate cone...yum! Nowadays I settle for low carb icecream.

My questions to you:

1. Do you speak more than one language?
  2. If money were no object, what trip would you like to take?
  3. What is something that has changed in your scrappy style since you first started?
  4. Do you scrap with photos more than once?