August 2020 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

Happy August!!  This month's theme is Momma's Favorites!!  Any family recipe that has been handed down or is an "always must have" at family gatherings will do!  

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Monday August 31, 2020.
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.

New for 2020:
First, each month you participate you will receive a gift certificate to the design shop!  The first month you participate (January) you will receive $1, the second month (February) $2 and so on.  If you miss the third month (March) and participate in the fourth month (April) you would receive $3 and so on.

Second, we will have a challenge each quarter.  Do you try recipes you receive in the swap in your kitchen at home?  At the end of each quarter, you will be challenged to create a layout including a recipe from the swap that you have tried. It can’t be your recipe and card!!  Each person who does a layout will be in a drawing for a $5 gift certificate.

But wait, there is more!!  Everyone that participates EVERY month and EACH quarter challenge will be in a drawing for a $15 gift certificate at the end of the year.

Please remember:  It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)

This may seem silly, but it helps me a TON if your user name is first!  Thank you!!  :) 

Apple Dumplings is a recipe that I learned to make from my Grandmother Leona. She learned how to make it from her mother, Mollie. This recipe was noted as "Mother's Recipe" in my grandmother's recipe box, which made it special to her since Mollie died when Leona was only 17. I included two apple dumpling recipes in my daughter's bridal shower cookbook - this one and one from DH's mother - and they couldn't be more different! ? 

• 2 weeks later...