September ATC Swap

Boatlady

We have all heard a new language develop since the Covid pandemic. This month use something from our new language, a word, a saying, even a feeling --whatever stands out in your mind. We all heard "stay at home"  "stay safe" "social distancing" "it will get better" "quarantine"  and it goes on and on.

I heard this from Iceland "petta reddast" which roughly translates to the idea everything will work out in the end. So that is what I am using for my first, to me it pretty much sums up the situation.

1. Create your ATC -card or coin with your interpretation of the theme. Your original ATC file should be 3.5 inches x 2.5 inches or 1050 pixels x 750 pixels (can be portrait or landscape orientation) at 300 pixels per inch. Be sure to sign and date your. Post your ATC to the gallery HERE , as well, to share with all of our members. The " trading coins" either 2", 2 1/2" or 3 1/2" circles. Angie was kind enough to make a template set and you can find the free link here.

2. Email the full resolution (300 dpi saved at high quality), flattened jpg version to me at Albin40A@yahoo.com . I find it best to email your copy immediately when you're finished that way you won't have me bugging you down the road with reminders and no one will miss out on your beautiful work! At the end of the month after collecting everything I will send  zip file to all of you.

3. For uploading to the gallery, save a copy of your ATC at 72 dpi jpeg, then upload.

I look forward to seeing all the cards and coins. I am sure you all will come up with some wonderful creative works.

As most of you know this will be my last month hosting the ATC Swap. I want to thank you all for the years of creativity you shared in this swap.

Debby you certainly will be missed I have so enjoyed doing these ATC's. Glad your not leaving SG's though :) 

Here is mine....... our Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern during lockdown March-June used the expression during 'Team of 5 million' to create unity to fight covid-19 in our country and it worked :) Now though with our second lockdown people are fed up and not that united at times especially if made redundant. Its certainly an expression that grates on me now :) 

Since I've been off from work for about 5 days I have a feeling I'm going to be busy/tired the next couple of weeks and then I have to have oral surgery on the 18th. I was supposed to have the surgery this past Friday which is why I was off. However, the dental office screwed up. Anyway, I did another one incase I don't have time/energy to do more.

Stay Home

4 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Since I've been off from work for about 5 days I have a feeling I'm going to be busy/tired the next couple of weeks and then I have to have oral surgery on the 18th. I was supposed to have the surgery this past Friday which is why I was off. However, the dental office screwed up. Anyway, I did another one incase I don't have time/energy to do more.

Stay Home

I hope your surgery goes well, Kelly. Let us know.

9 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I did another one but I'm putting it here in case anyone is upset that I used their avatar. If anyone is upset PLEASE know I am sorry and will delete this asap. :)

sept_atc_kelly_zoom.jpg

I'm fine with it Kelly - good idea for an ATC.   Whoever heard of Zoom before this?   

On 9/7/2020 at 11:52 AM, ladyscrapalot said:

I did another one but I'm putting it here in case anyone is upset that I used their avatar. If anyone is upset PLEASE know I am sorry and will delete this asap. :) @Boatlady @alsoarty  @Florida granny @Jane in N.Z @AnnBK

sept_atc_kelly_zoom.jpg

I love it...I hope they others do too. What a fun idea.

17 hours ago, MariJ said:

I haven’t done an ATC in ages, but wanted to say “THANKS” to Debby for taking care of these for so long.

NJ Knucklehead

That is extra sweet of you to make one for my last ATC. Thank you.

I did another one but I'm putting it here in case anyone is upset that I used their avatar. If anyone is upset PLEASE know I am sorry and will delete this asap. :) @Boatlady @alsoarty  @Florida granny @Jane in N.Z @AnnBK

Fine with me, Kelly. Clever idea! I like that you posted it here. :) 

On 9/8/2020 at 3:52 AM, ladyscrapalot said:

sept_atc_kelly_zoom.jpg

Perfect Kelly I'm not upset at all its such a great ATC :) 

sept_atc_kelly_zoom.jpg

Well, I love it!  And it reminds me that I need to update that 10+ year old photo.  Or just let you all think I still look like that!

3 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Hmmm haven't heard from Andrea and I think at least one person said they were glad I posted it here... I did send a final copy to Debby.

I’d bet @alsoarty missed your post above!   And, I think scrappers were glad you posted it here so we could see it, they didn’t mean not to post it in the gallery!  After all, all the Avatars are posted all the time, anyway.  It’s up to you, but it would be nice to be in your Gallery and on the MB.

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

I’d bet @alsoarty missed your post above!   And, I think scrappers were glad you posted it here so we could see it, they didn’t mean not to post it in the gallery!  After all, all the Avatars are posted all the time, anyway.  It’s up to you, but it would be nice to be in your Gallery and on the MB.

Okay, if you say so. ;) (thnx)

• 3 weeks later...