September 2020 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

I'm just going to pretend that I know HOW it's September already.  ??‍♀️

This month's theme is Perfect Pasta.  Any pasta recipe will do!

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.

New for 2020:
First, each month you participate you will receive a gift certificate to the design shop!  The first month you participate (January) you will receive $1, the second month (February) $2 and so on.  If you miss the third month (March) and participate in the fourth month (April) you would receive $3 and so on.

Second, we will have a challenge each quarter.  Do you try recipes you receive in the swap in your kitchen at home?  At the end of each quarter, you will be challenged to create a layout including a recipe from the swap that you have tried. It can’t be your recipe and card!!  Each person who does a layout will be in a drawing for a $5 gift certificate.

But wait, there is more!!  Everyone that participates EVERY month and EACH quarter challenge will be in a drawing for a $15 gift certificate at the end of the year.

15 hours ago, MariJ said:

I love pasta, so will start looking for recipes to scrap.  Normally I just make-up and “wing” my pasta dishes.  ?

Marilyn - I do exactly the same thing! I had to make a concerted effort to write down a few of my more common "creations" when I was doing a cookbook for my daughter. Usually I am throwing in whatever goes together from the pantry and fridge. My son would always inform me if it was a keeper or a "Nice try, Mom."

13 hours ago, Celestine said:

Marilyn - I do exactly the same thing! I had to make a concerted effort to write down a few of my more common "creations" when I was doing a cookbook for my daughter. Usually I am throwing in whatever goes together from the pantry and fridge. My son would always inform me if it was a keeper or a "Nice try, Mom."

Haha, that’s funny.   And what you do is exactly what I do;  I actually never thought of writing it down, maybe now that you say it I will.   

I know this isn't the healthiest recipe, but it is a family tradition handed down from my mother-in-law to have Turkey Tetrazzini the day after Thanksgiving. If the recipe is doubled, it feeds an army. Now that family is spread all over, we sometimes feed a bigger crowd with this leftover casserole on Black Friday than the holiday itself.

7 minutes ago, Celestine said:

@CondaTormey - I forgot about the quarterly recipe page for third quarter ending Sept. 30. Since I didn't see anyone else add a recipe "used" page for the third quarter in the gallery, can there be a deadline extension for this? I think I needed a reminder! :oops:

We are doing the quarterly this month in October!!

21 hours ago, SodScrap said:

The link has been sent!  See you in October!  (Yikes, it IS October!!!)

I got mine, thanks Conda!   And thanks for taking care of all the posting, organizing and distribution of these beautiful cards each month.   Recipe Swap has become my favorite SG activity.

19 minutes ago, Celestine said:

@MariJ I happened to notice you posted this in the September thread, but I think you intended it for the October thread. ?

Thanks so much, you’re right!   I will post it over in October now and appreciate you letting me know.   But, is it really Ocotber now?????  ?  ?