October 2020 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

October.  Fourth Quarter.

This month's theme is Bread, Rolls, Quick Breads.  Any bread recipe will do, muffins, sweet breads and scones too!!

It's time for our third Quarterly Challenge:  Create a layout including a recipe that you have tried from the recipe swap.  Any recipe from any swap as long as it is not a recipe you submitted.  You do not have to include the actual recipe card, but you do have to include the recipe and a picture of the dish you created.  Each person who does a layout will be in a drawing for ta $5 gift certificate.  You can post the layout in the recipe card gallery or your personal gallery and post a link back in this thread.  Layouts are due Saturday, October 31st.

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Saturday, October 31, 2020.
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.

New for 2020:
First, each month you participate you will receive a gift certificate to the design shop!  The first month you participate (January) you will receive $1, the second month (February) $2 and so on.  If you miss the third month (March) and participate in the fourth month (April) you would receive $3 and so on.

Second, we will have a challenge each quarter.  Do you try recipes you receive in the swap in your kitchen at home?  At the end of each quarter, you will be challenged to create a layout including a recipe from the swap that you have tried. It can’t be your recipe and card!!  Each person who does a layout will be in a drawing for a $5 gift certificate.

But wait, there is more!!  Everyone that participates EVERY month and EACH quarter challenge will be in a drawing for a $15 gift certificate at the end of the year.

58 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

I have a new pumpkin french toast recipe that is AMAZING...hopefully I can remember to scrap that one!  LOL

Oh, oh OH!  I’m wishing for that one.   Just had pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast.   ?

And, I discovered the beer I wanted to use to try the bread is really hard cider.   So, not sure that will work.  I bought the bottle when at my sister’s last year because I liked the label and it’s been sitting here ever since.  ?

6 minutes ago, Celestine said:

I have so many recipes in this category - many of them handed down from family - what to choose....what to choose.....
Thanks, Conda!

Well...you can always do multiple cards....HINT   Yes.  I know I'm shameless.  ?

Just now, MariJ said:

Oh, oh OH!  I’m wishing for that one.   Just had pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast.   ?

And, I discovered the beer I wanted to use to try the bread is really hard cider.   So, not sure that will work.  I bought the bottle when at my sister’s last year because I liked the label and it’s been sitting here ever since.  ?

Maybe you should remind me Marilyn!!  I had it at a recent get together.  It was AMAZING.  (although it wasn't safe for me to eat, I did taste it...)  You will LOVE it.  It's one of those put it together the night before recipes!!

3 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Well...you can always do multiple cards....HINT   Yes.  I know I'm shameless.  ?

HaHa, Conda! My grandmother and great-aunts were known for their quick breads. And now I am, too, using their recipes. I made 17 loaves of zucchini bread a few weeks ago. The quick breads are perfect for freezing and pulling out for company because they can be used for breakfast, snacks OR dessert, plus I give away a lot as gifts. I will do two for you - a sweet one and a savory one. You shameless beggar, you! ?

6 minutes ago, Celestine said:

HaHa, Conda! My grandmother and great-aunts were known for their quick breads. And now I am, too, using their recipes. I made 17 loaves of zucchini bread a few weeks ago. The quick breads are perfect for freezing and pulling out for company because they can be used for breakfast, snacks OR dessert, plus I give away a lot as gifts. I will do two for you - a sweet one and a savory one. You shameless beggar, you! ?

No shame in my game!  ???

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

Maybe you should remind me Marilyn!!  I had it at a recent get together.  It was AMAZING.  (although it wasn't safe for me to eat, I did taste it...)  You will LOVE it.  It's one of those put it together the night before recipes!!

Oh, I LOVE those kinds of recipes that you put together the night before;  I actually have scrapped an overnight toast recipe previously, I love it!  But, PUMPKIN?    Oh that is the best for me...   I’m sorry you couldn’t eat it, maybe there will have to be some sort of re-do.
I actually went to Trader Joe’s last week, the first time since early March.  I think I bought them out of pumpkin items and bought multiples of many of them.

And, consider this the first reminder.   ?