Anniversary Dinner: Menu Revealed!

Mikelle

UPDATED:  Check the first post below to find out the menu items that you will be using to create your Anniversary Dinner layout!

Anniversary Dinner Challenge (Recipe Layout Challenge):

You are invited to the Scrap Girls 16th Anniversary Dinner Celebration this Friday!  This is a special dinner, where you can eat as much as you want - you will be satisfied but never too full, and calories don’t count!  In preparation for our meal, we are ordering from the menu ahead of time, and then Friday morning I will reveal the ingredients for your layout, based on what you chose for your celebration dinner.  To get the most fun out of this challenge, post your meal choices in this thread by Thursday night (Eastern), before the ingredients for your layout are revealed Friday morning.  If you can’t post ahead of time, though, that’s OK, you can still participate in the challenge by completing a layout.  For your layout to count toward the prizes, post it in the Anniversary 2020 Gallery and then come back to this thread to leave a link to your layout.

Here are the rules for the Challenge Prizes:

• Complete all 6 challenges and be entered into a drawing for a $40 gift card
  • Complete 4 challenges and be entered into a drawing for a $20 gift card
  • Complete 2 challenges and be entered into a drawing for a $10 gift card
  • All layouts must be finished by Midnight ET Sunday, November 1st

Our available menu is below in the first post...

Here are the menu items you chose, and the layout supplies they represent.  Let me know if you have any questions!  The intent is to have fun, so don't get too bogged down in "doing it right."  If you're just now joining in, pick one menu item from each of the following meal courses, and then create your layout.  Have fun!

Happy Hour Drinks (non-alcohol versions available):

• Sangria:  One large photo
  • Caramel Apple Martini:  Two photos
  • Mint Julep:  One small photo, with lots of white space
  • Brown Derby:  Three photos
  • Frozen Strawberry Margarita:  Two photos, alter one or both in some way (B&W, filter, etc)
  • White Russian:  Use any number of photos, but use at least one photo more than once

Appetizer/Salad

• Caprese salad:  Use one non-solid paper (use a print, pattern, blended, or mixed-up paper)
  • Deep fried cheese sticks:  Use two papers, at least one of them not solid
  • Sourdough bread slices and olive oil:  Use three papers, one of them must be striped
  • Caesar salad:  Blend two papers together, then use another two papers any way you wish (4 total)
  • House salad:  Use four papers any way you wish
  • Calamari:  Blend two papers together, at least one must be a pattern/print

Main Course:

• Brick oven gourmet pizza:  Choose 4 different embellishments; you may duplicate them.
  • Chicken Cordon Bleu:  Choose 9 different embellishments.  You may duplicate them (do you really need more?!!)
  • Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon:  Choose 7 different embellishments, one must be a button.  You may duplicate.
  • Grilled steak with garlic herb butter:  Choose 6 different embellishments, one must be a ribbon or bow.  You may duplicate.
  • Lemon Butter Shrimp:  Choose 5 different embellishments, plus a pre-made cluster.  You may duplicate.
  • Pasta Primavera:  Choose 7 different embellishments, one must be a clip of some kind.  You may duplicate.

Dessert:

• Pumpkin Cheesecake (with caramel drizzle):  Find or create a piece of word art for your page
  • Chocolate Lava Cake:  Use a quote on your page
  • Cannoli:  Use two different fonts on your page
  • Fruit Crepe:  Use an alpha on your page (whole words or just one letter is fine)
  • Amaretto Ice Cream:  Use a font and an alpha on your page
  • Huckleberry Cobbler:  Use a title or journaling vertically on your page, rather than horizontally

Conversation Coffee Drinks (decaf versions available):

• Peppermint Mocha:  Use sprinkles or a scatter on your page in some way.
  • Espresso Martini:  Use a brush on your page in some way (or a png from a brush)
  • Anise Cream Coffee with Rye:  Add an arrow to your layout
  • Vietnamese Iced Coffee:  Add sparkle or glitter to your layout
  • Spiced Coffee with Maple Cream:  Blend a circle into your background in some way (you may use an extra paper, mask, etc if necessary).
  • Mexican Coffee: Use a style on your layout.  If you don’t have styles or can’t use them, then use an additional paper with a mask and blend it into your background.

After you've eaten up your menu items, add any finishing touches to your layout, add journaling and a date, then upload to the Anniversary 2020 Gallery.  Thanks for participating in the challenge!

My choices are

Frozen Strawberry Margarita-- it's hot here

Caesar salad

Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon

Fruit Crepe

Espresso Martini

I hope we can dine outside overlooking the ocean

• Mikelle changed the title to Anniversary Dinner: Menu Revealed!

Let the fun begin...I sure hope I don't get any food spilled on my keyboard or mouse while I am scrapping all that food.

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

My choices are do-able, thankfully. :D (I was hoping it wouldn't turn out to require 20 photos with 10 papers, etc. lol) This should be fun. 

?  I thought about throwing in hard things like that!  I decided to go easy on us all.

2 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Let the fun begin...I sure hope I don't get any food spilled on my keyboard or mouse while I am scrapping all that food.

I have to bake some Halloween cookies after work this afternoon, and then I'll be working on my various layouts.  I might actually end up with real cookie crumbs in my keyboard... but that's not anything new.  ?

20 hours ago, alsoarty said:

My choices:
White Russian (non-alcoholic)
Sourdough Bread slices with Olive Oil
Grilled Steak with garlic butter
Fruite Crepe
Mexican Coffee (actually could I have water?)

Andrea, no!  You must have lots of virtual caffeine and party with the rest of us.  Mandatory fun.  ?

I was late to the party and had to order in a rush. I ordered very unhealthy, good thing no calories are involved. Or spills either, after a few glasses of  Sangria I spilled mocha on my Lo. Or maybe it was Espresso? So is it a scatter or a brush? Here's my LO Autumn Beauty and here's my menu:

Sangria:  one large photo
Calamari:  Blend two papers together, at least one must be a pattern/print
Pumpkin Cheesecake (with caramel drizzle):  Find or create a piece of word art for your page

Brick oven gourmet pizza: use 4 different embellishments, may duplicate
Peppermint mocha:  use sprinkles or a scatter on your page

Enjoyed having dinner with ya all. Same time next year?

* Sangria one large photo
* Calamari Blend two papers together, at least one must be a pattern/print
* Lemon Butter Shrimp Choose 5 different embellishments, plus a pre-made cluster.  You may duplicate.
* Chocolate Lava Cake Use a quote on your page
* Peppermint Mocha Use sprinkles or a scatter on your page in some way.

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/189771-friday/

fruday-ch.jpg