Hi from Virginia

NancyC

Hello everyone. My name is Nancy Marck Calderon and you'll see me lurking about as NancyC.  I'm on Chere Kaye Designs CT and I look forward to getting to know you talented ladies and seeing your lovely layouts.  I'm new to Scrapgirls, but was on Chere Kaye Designs CT years ago.  I started Digital Scrapbooking many years and if my memory serves me right I think I started in 2004.  Have things changed from then.  I took a break and found myself doing Loom Knitting, Paper Crafting 3D Projects/Cards using my Silhouette Cameo 2.  In the distant past, my crafting was Counted Cross Stitching and still have supplies.  I created my own design and was lucky to have been published in a magazine (no they don't pay much).  So that craft is and has been on the back burner for many years. I'm happy to be here.

Edited by NancyC
Added more information.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nancy, so glad you're here!  I enjoy counted cross stitch, too, but I'm not that good at it, lol.  I have attempted a few more difficult designs that take me forever.  I fell away from it the past several years... the one I'm supposedly working on now I started 5 years ago?  Yikes!  I've been thinking about trying to finish it finally.  Wonderful that you created your own designs.  

Please join in the challenges, posting layouts, etc.  Excited to see your work!

• 2 months later...

Hi Nancy happy to see you here. Can you share the design that was published, I'm just a curious person. 
By the way, I have a question to you. Do you still use Cameo 4? I wanted to buy it, but I did a little research and found too many reviews (like this one) and there're too many alternatives. Are you still satisfied with it after several years of using it? 

So sorry I'm just seeing your comment still_c.  The design I created and had published was a "counted cross stitch" design.  Is that what your interested in seeing?  I use and have only used a Cameo 2 for many years (I think when it first came out).  I love it and have not even thought about getting the Cameo 4.  I've heard many comments that are not positive especially it's learning curve.  My Cameo 2 works great for me and what I want to do and it's a keeper for me.  So nice to meet you all and for the warm welcome.  I'm a CTM for Chere Kaye Designs just in case I haven't mentioned that before.

Each Day Is Brighter When Seen Through A Smile

Edited by NancyC
Wanted to add thanks and warm welcome

On 1/30/2021 at 8:19 AM, still_c said:

Hi Nancy happy to see you here. Can you share the design that was published, I'm just a curious person. 
By the way, I have a question to you. Do you still use Cameo 4? I wanted to buy it, but I did a little research and found too many reviews (like this one) and there're too many alternatives. Are you still satisfied with it after several years of using it? 

I know this question wasn't directed to me, but I have both an original Cameo from 2012 and a Cameo 4. They both use the same software. I love the two blade spots in the Cameo 4. I use it to make stickers mostly, though I do occasionally cut other projects. I have the business and designer versions of the software, so I can do more things with it.  I have to say, I don't use the autoblade because I had issues with it. I have a bunch of premium blades that I got before I bought the new machine, so I just use them.  In other groups I'm in, the consensus was that Silhouette has the better software, though other machines may cut better.