Saturday Template Challenge

April Showers

Do you love using layout templates, or do you think, like I used to, that using a layout template is kind of like cheating? I admit that it took me a while to appreciate the versatility of layout templates, but now I love using them!
We have a free template for you, but you can use another template for the challenge if you'd like.

For this challenge, you can use the template just as it is, but you'll get extra credit if  you rotate it, flip it,  just use a part of it or try combining two different templates for a new look. Post your completed layouts in the Anniversary Week 2020 Gallery to qualify for one of the drawings.

Challenge Rules:
-Complete all 6 challenges and be in a drawing for a $40 GC
-Complete 4 challenges and be in a drawing for a $20 GC
-Complete 2 challenges and be in a drawing for a $10 GC
-All layouts must be finished by Midnight ET Sunday, November 1st

I used to say I was allergic to templates, but now found I’ve acqired a few and use them all the time.  I originally thought I had to clip to everything on the template, but once I started moving them around and ignoring all the little pieces included I got better at it.   I especially like the basic templates with blending and photo pieces.  Jody used to say templates gave you ideas on where to place things and that was a game changer for me.   I’m going to see if I can find time to create a layout today.

I have to say I find templates very tedious. I almost never use them unless it's for a challenge. I guess I just have my own way of placing things when I do a layout and don't like deleting all those extra things. But I have to admit it does help designing a page at times. Wishy washy about these. ?

I really love templates, and I used them pretty often, but there are times that I just let flow my imagination and create something from my own, I think that depends of my mood. Thank you so much for the freebie. Here's my take on the challenge, full credits in gallery. Wishing you a very beautiful weekend.

1105202474_Summerdays.jpg.4d1a4ed51b3edd1f892042baef47a27f.jpg

I actually made a document of all of the photo, embellishment and layout templates I have.  Also background blenders, some alpha’s I’ve bought - even calendar tops if they can be used on a page.  I put 2in. photos of everything I have on the document with its name.  So, when I start a page I look at it to see if there is a template I like.  I can’t believe I’m saying this because it used to be I was so not thrilled with templates.   But, now I find I do take pieces off, move them around, duplicate and add another frame, etc.   I love the blended background ones and dislike the ones with so many flowers all over so normally I delete those on the page I’m working on, not the original.

Here is my page Anniversary Week 2020-template ...I am getting used to templates. I rotated this one and moved a few things. When I drag them over to my new paper I only drag the thing I want and none of the doo-dads so it is pretty nice.

3 hours ago, April Showers said:

I don't love the little bits on templates either, I usually just open a new layout, select the template layers I want to use and drag them into my new layout (holding down the shift key so they center).

Oh, thanks April.   That’s a great tip and much easier than what I do - renaming the template and then trying to erase all those little bits that I don’t want.   Your way makes much more sense.   :hit-head-with-hammer:

3 hours ago, April Showers said:

I don't love the little bits on templates either, I usually just open a new layout, select the template layers I want to use and drag them into my new layout (holding down the shift key so they center).

Wow, I never thought of doing that. Thanks April for the great idea. Going to see if it makes it easier for me to use templates.

Just now, barbaraj said:

Yes, and it's not even Monday yet! :band_drummer:

OHhhhhhhhhhh.....    The REALLY funny thing is I woke up at 4:30 (technically 3:30 now) after a restless night and I thought it WAS Monday.   I was glad to realize it was Sunday, then wondered why?  Since all days are pretty much the same now and run one right into another.  :runningdog::exercisebike:

13 minutes ago, MariJ said:

OHhhhhhhhhhh.....    The REALLY funny thing is I woke up at 4:30 (technically 3:30 now) after a restless night and I thought it WAS Monday.   I was glad to realize it was Sunday, then wondered why?  Since all days are pretty much the same now and run one right into another.  

I woke up at 11:30 and the at 1: 30 and thought gee I'm not sleeping well tonight. Didn't realize tell this morning that it was really 2:30. Or maybe not. The hours are all mixed up. I don't feel like I've had an extra hour of sleep.:monstercry:

15 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

I woke up at 11:30 and the at 1: 30 and thought gee I'm not sleeping well tonight. Didn't realize tell this morning that it was really 2:30. I don't feel like I've had an extra hour of sleep.:monstercry:

There must be something in the air.   I am not a good sleeper and wake up/fall asleep all night;  but with an extra hour today I woke up an extra hour before that, go figure.   I’m tired already and I can just barely see a hint of light outside...   ?