November 2020 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

Happy November!!  

This month's recipe theme is HOLIDAY FAVORITES.  Any holiday, any recipe will do!!

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Monday, November 30, 2020.

• PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.

New for 2020:
First, each month you participate you will receive a gift certificate to the design shop!  The first month you participate (January) you will receive $1, the second month (February) $2 and so on.  If you miss the third month (March) and participate in the fourth month (April) you would receive $3 and so on.

Second, we will have a challenge each quarter.  Do you try recipes you receive in the swap in your kitchen at home?  At the end of each quarter, you will be challenged to create a layout including a recipe from the swap that you have tried. It can’t be your recipe and card!!  Each person who does a layout will be in a drawing for a $5 gift certificate.

But wait, there is more!!  Everyone that participates EVERY month and EACH quarter challenge will be in a drawing for a $15 gift certificate at the end of the year.

Thinking cap on. I started doing a soup recipe, but it's not a holiday recipe. I'll think of something else. Might be the only way I share my "cooking" this holiday season. 

At least we got to have Thanksgiving as a family, since Canadian Thanksgiving is in mid October, when it's still warm enough to be outside. What a weird year this has been!

Here is Pumpkin Pie Spiced Nuts. This is a snack / appetizer I have used for parties or get-togethers for four holidays: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's. Since we have some diabetic family members, I have often made the sugar substitute version. I also package this in various sized gift tins at Christmas to give away individually to neighbors, teachers, clergy or to take to parties, December meetings or to leave in break rooms.

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

@Celestine and @Florida granny

I thought both of your recipes might go quite well together as a Holiday gift.   I’ve had Diane’s and they are yummy and know I’d like Celestine’s since I love anything pumpkin.

I am right there with you on the pumpkin, Marilyn! I even bought some pumpkin Cheerios a couple of weeks ago. Yummy. ?

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

I am right there with you on the pumpkin, Marilyn! I even bought some pumpkin Cheerios a couple of weeks ago. Yummy. ?

Ooohhhh...  My sister had those waiting for me a few years ago when I visited her in October.     They were a little sweet, but yummy so I ate them as snacks.
I took a trip to Trader Joe’s a month ago and bought all the pumpkin stuff, some in multiples.  Cream cheese, ice cream, little pumpkin ice cream cones, pumpkin butter, pumpkin oatmeal, waffles etc etc etc..   I’m slowly eating my way through.

58 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Ooohhhh...  My sister had those waiting for me a few years ago when I visited her in October.     They were a little sweet, but yummy so I ate them as snacks.
I took a trip to Trader Joe’s a month ago and bought all the pumpkin stuff, some in multiples.  Cream cheese, ice cream, little pumpkin ice cream cones, pumpkin butter, pumpkin oatmeal, waffles etc etc etc..   I’m slowly eating my way through.

I also love the pumpkin Greek yogurt! And sometime this fall we need to make pumpkin pancakes. And those pumpkin dog treats would be perfectly edible by humans! Speaking of which, I need to make more......

17 minutes ago, Celestine said:

I also love the pumpkin Greek yogurt! And sometime this fall we need to make pumpkin pancakes. And those pumpkin dog treats would be perfectly edible by humans! Speaking of which, I need to make more......

Oh haha that’s funny about the pumpkin dog treats!  And, yes!  I forgot the pumpki greek yogurt and I also have pumpkin creamers, regular, sugar free and almost milk.  And, I don’t drink coffee or put anything in my tea so I use it on oatmeal and cereal, etc.   Oh I also have pumpkin bagels and Aldis made the best pumpkin bread - sliced bread, not cake - with lots of different seeds in it, so yummy.
I’m sure I’m forgetting other pumpkin-something.

• 2 weeks later...