Tuesday Challenge 10th November

ValerieT

This week we are looking at big titles.

For me, a title always finishes a layout, but I don't always think about going large. There are many ways to use a large title. You could incorporate your photos into the title (for example the word look has two round photo spots).

Certain alphas can work really well as a large title. All most any font can be used for a large title, from the plain, simple fonts to those that are scripts. Your title doesn't have to be just one word either. You could create your own word art using one large word and several smaller ones (mixing fonts works well with this idea).

Get creative and don't be afraid. And remember you can always use a template to help, or even scraplift a layout. Remember to give credit to the original layout if you do scraplift.

When you are finished post your layout in the Newsletter challenge Gallery.

Here is one I did just for the challenge. I was thinking of a completely different layout and was slapping some relevant word art onto the page and I liked the haphazard look of it, so I went with it. Here is All About the Love, using a bunch of different word art embellishments from a bunch of different kits as "large titles."

6 hours ago, lindarobin said:

The standing joke at my house is that you can't ask me to make that soup we had last week because the ingredients will be whatever is in the refridgerator that needs to be used up.

I love your page, Linda and laughed when I read this here.   My Dad who grew up in the Depression made a wonderful hash when I was little.  I’d ask him to make it again but it was never the same twice because he used whatever was around.    ?