Trying to do a layout

Belle

Hi everybody, I am trying to scrap again after a loooong loooong time. I can't remember how. I can't remember how to clip a paper to a mask, or how to duplicate something. I have completely forgotten. Where can I go to find tutorials? I'm using PS Elements 11. Thanks

Hey Belle...let's see if I can help a littl

For the mask I know in some of the versions of PS/PSE it was just cntrl g for the short cut, others it was changed to cntrl alt g.  I don't remember exactly when.  So the easiest thing to do is

A: Put your paper on the layer above the mask

B: With the paper layer selected do one of 2 things.  Either right click on the paper layer in the layers palette and from the list that comes up choose "create clipping mask" and that will attach the paper to the mask.   Or with the paper layer selected choose "Layer" in the menu across the top then create clipping mask.  Next to that should give you the short cut you can use.

Now to duplicate something what I usually do is just right click on it in the layers palette and choose duplicate layer

Hope this helps

Thanks so much. I couldn't remember the ctrl g. A lot to learn all over again. My hard drive crashed and everything was erased so all my notes are gone. Luckily i saved my digital scrap items to an external hard drive.  

50 minutes ago, Belle said:

Thanks so much. I couldn't remember the ctrl g. A lot to learn all over again. My hard drive crashed and everything was erased so all my notes are gone. Luckily i saved my digital scrap items to an external hard drive.  

Belle, it is SO good to see you here, I’ve missed you.   Thank you for praying for my friend’s baby; I was happy to see you first on that thread.   Hope to see some layouts soon.   

I work in PSE13 on a Mac and I use Control G to clip and Control J to duplicate a layer after I’ve clicked on the layer I want to duplicate.

Belle, you will soon get into the swing of creating pages again.   HERE is a link to some of the tutorials that may help you. 

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hi Belle, I’m wondering how you are making out?   Maybe you can start step-by-step with opening a new 12x12 document (File>New>Document) and then put a background on it.    Everyone is happy to see you again, let us know, we can all help.

Thanks so much. I uploaded a layout.  Reminds me of my very first layouts but it will come back to me.