Project Home for the Holidays

beatricemi

Last year we introduced A December To Remember and we had so much fun we wanted to do it again.  So welcome to Project: Home For The Holidays!

We know with the events of this year, December may look different for many.  Your family gatherings may be smaller, your shopping may be done online and you may have less parties or events to attend.  But we still wanted to give you that extra push to document this December.

So how will this year work?  This year we are introducing 2 new weekly quotes.  You can choose which quote you’d like to use (or as an added bonus do a layout with each quote) and create 1 new layout for that week.  Please do not use layouts you have previously uploaded, this must be a new layout.  The quote does not have to appear on your layout, but if it doesn’t please let us know which quote you used (A or B) for inspiration

As an extra incentive, we will be giving away prizes!  Each week that you complete a layout using that week’s quote, you will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to the SG shop. To be eligible for the weekly drawing, you must post that week's layout by midnight EST on Monday, except for week 5 which must be completed by midnight EST on Sunday Jan 3rd. Those who complete the layouts for the entire month (at least one layout per week for the 5 weeks in December) will be entered into the grand prize drawing for a $20 gift certificate to the ScrapGirls Shop.  To be eligible for the grand prize drawing, you needn’t post your layouts each week, but make sure you post all 5 layouts representing each week by January 3rd at midnight EST.  So, if you get behind, you can still catch up and have a chance at the grand prize.

And what about that “added bonus" we mentioned for those who complete two layouts a week?  Everyone who creates a layout for each quote listed below will automatically get a $5 gift certificate at the end of the month!

To participate in Home For The Holidays, simply post an “I’m in” message in this thread, along with the following: 
Week 1 (12/1-7)

Week 2 (12/8-14)

Week 3 (12/15-21)

Week 4 (12/22-28)

Week 5 (12/29-Jan 2)

Post your finished layouts in the Home For The Holidays gallery.  As you complete your layouts, come back to your post and add a link(s) to the corresponding week's layout.  Remember, you may create more than one layout a week, but to be eligible for prizes, you must have at least one layout per week. 

Here are the week one prompts:

A:  Christmas isn’t a season.  It’s a feeling - Edna Ferber
B:  Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart - Polar Express

I'll be watching this thread so please post below if you have any questions or need clarification. I can't wait to see your layouts!!

This should be lots of fun. :) 

I’m in!

Week 1 : Christmas isn’t a season.It’s a feeling - Edna Ferber

Week 2 (12/8-14) B: At Christmas, all roads lead home - Marjorie Holmes

Week 3 (12/15-21)   Quote B

Week 4 (12/22-28)  Quote A: May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve

Week 5 (12/29-Jan 2)

I'm in...

Week 1 (12/1-7) - http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/category/453-home-for-the-holidays-2020/     I used Quote A

Just remember the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart - Polar Express

Week 2 (12/8-14) - All Roads Lead Home

Christmas is not a date, it's a state of mind.

Week 3 (12/15-21) There's nothing cozier than a Christmas tree all lit up is the quote I used

I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year - Charles Dickens

Week 4 (12/22-28) One of the most glorious messes in the world...

May you never be grown to search the sky

Week 5 (12/29-Jan 2) That's what Christmas memories are made from...

Celebrate endings - for they precede new beginnings...

I'm in! A bit late getting started.

Week 1 (12/1-7) Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart - Polar Express Kitty's First Christmas

Week 2 (12/8-14) used quote B Christmas in Our First Home

Week 3 (12/15-21) used quote B Christmas Tree 1959

Week 4 (12/22-28) Used quote B Christmas Mess

Week 5 (12/29-Jan 2) used quote B Last Bloom of Winter

Hi everyone! Here are the quotes to inspire you for week 2

A:  Christmas is not a date.  It’s a state of mind - Mary Ellen Chase
B:  At Christmas, all roads lead home - Marjorie Holmes

Post your finished layouts in the Home For The Holidays gallery.  As you complete your layouts, come back to your post and add a link(s) to the corresponding week's layout.  Remember, you may create more than one layout a week, but to be eligible for prizes, you must have at least one layout per week. 

Remember: The quote does not have to appear on your layout, but if it doesn’t please let us know which quote you used (A or B) for inspiration

I will be watching the thread this week, so if you have any questions please ask.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:31 PM, bcgal00 said:

I'm in! ***I'm dropping out of this.*** We lost a family member to COVID so I need time to come to terms with it. I'm not going to get this done.

Oh, Rae I’m so sorry to hear this.    Sending warm thoughts, hugs and sympathy to you and your family.  

On 12/12/2020 at 5:44 PM, bcgal00 said:

Thx Lynne. It's been hit and miss to do some scrappy stuff this month as my attention wanders, my mojo comes and goes. But when I do scrap, I am thankful for a hobby that give me such joy and de-stresses me. 

Oh Rae... I saw this on FB too - I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family. ❣️?

On 12/2/2020 at 1:31 PM, bcgal00 said:

I'm in! ***I'm dropping out of this.*** We lost a family member to COVID so I need time to come to terms with it. I'm not going to get this done.

Week 1 (12/1-7) 

Week 2 (12/8-14)

Week 3 (12/15-21)

Week 4 (12/22-28)

Week 5 (12/29-Jan 2)

So sorry for your loss. 

Hi everyone! Here are the quotes to inspire you for week 3

A:  I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year - Charles Dickens
B:  There’s nothing cozier than a Christmas tree all lit up - Jenny Han

Post your finished layouts in the Home For The Holidays gallery.  As you complete your layouts, come back to your post and add a link(s) to the corresponding week's layout.  Remember, you may create more than one layout a week, but to be eligible for prizes, you must have at least one layout per week. 

Remember: The quote does not have to appear on your layout, but if it doesn’t please let us know which quote you used (A or B) for inspiration

I will be watching the thread this week, so if you have any questions please ask.

On 12/2/2020 at 8:31 PM, bcgal00 said:

Week 1 (12/1-7) 

Week 2 (12/8-14)

Week 3 (12/15-21)

Week 4 (12/22-28)

Week 5 (12/29-Jan 2)

So sorry for your loss

On 12/17/2020 at 7:30 AM, alsoarty said:

How's everyone doing?

Depends on what whether you mean physically and mentally or scrapbooking the challenges wise. Doing good with the health. Not so good with the challenges. Christmas as a subject is not a good one for me to scrap. If it wasn't for finding some old, old photos and being able to digitize them I wouldn't have any thing to scrap. Have caught up some, but Bingo is going by the wayside! Working on the first half of December Project Life right now.

I do hope everyone is fine as well. I have enjoyed seeing everyone else's Christmasy LOs.