Get To Know You Game - Holiday Edition

angleigh

I know we are all counting down the days until Christmas.  And this time of the year is when we find ourselves doing all those last minute things and life is just a little crazier then normal.  But I wanted to do a quick little fun game.  So I thought this week we'd play the Get To Know You Game,  but this time around we are playing a holiday version. How do you play?  It's very easy.  Everyday I will come in and post the daily question, and you simply answer the question.  

And for the icing on the cake, or the star on top of the tree...  Every day this week, we will have a $3 gift certificate winner! The more you chat, the more chances you have to win.  And if you miss a day...don't worry.  You can always play catch up and still be in the drawing for a daily prize.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday Question....Christmas music do you love it?  Do you have a favorite song? 

Ok, I'll admit i'm not a big Christmas music fan.  And maybe it's because when you listen to it on the radio it's the same songs over and over.  I do really like the Pentatonix Christmas music though.

• angleigh changed the title to Get To Know You Game - Holiday Edition

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Christmas music.  I listen to it occasionally through out the year, just because I can.  LOL  My family is not amused by my love of Christmas music.  A favorite song.  Oh wow, I'm not sure I can chose one.  This year I am loving the non-traditional You Make it Feel Like Christmas by Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton.  

I do Love Christmas Music but to be honest I always prefer dead silence lol. One of my recent favorites is Who Comes This Night by James Taylor. Always brings tears to my eyes. I also love the carols at Midnight Church services. I guess we'll be passing on that this year.

By the way Pentatonix is amazing! Love acapella. So beautiful.

@bcgal00  Rae, that is a favourite of mine but mainly because it brings back memories when I acted the part of Mary at the Cross during "Christmas the Full Story" which was a nightly production held in our town where we used to live, quite some years ago. They had that song playing in the background for the section I was acting in. 

I own two of Pentontix's Christmas CDs and enjoy listening to them. 

HERE is the link to possibly my most favourite Christmas song. 

Christmas music?  I can take it or leave it, especially when it starts too early on the radio or in the shops. During Christmas week you might see me bopping along to some of the pop Christmas classics as I struggle with the demands in the kitchen.

My favourite carol is "In the Bleak Midwinter" - hugely sentimental and guaranteed to bring a tear to my eye.

Ok..I've never really been a Hallmark movie gal...until this year.  ? I often have Hulu on as I work.  This last week or so I've been watching all the cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies.  I don't know if I have a favorite, because really they all start to run together (and if I admit it they are more background noise)  But they have been entertaining.

Now my boys, yes almost 19...in 10 days.  I caught watching Frosty the other day.  It's been forever since I've seen that.  It was funny watching them laying on the couch laughing at it

14 minutes ago, angleigh said:

So many different songs i'll have to listen to know.  But I do think how early people start playing it (or bringing out the decorations to sell) is part of my issue.  I love Christmas and all but the season seems to be extended longer and longer each year.

Congrats @englishrose for being today's winner.

Thanks Angie!

Congratulations Hilary!!

So...yes, I love those Hallmark movies!!  I guess it's because I like everyone to be happy and they all have happy endings!  (But NOOOO they aren't cheesy, are they??)  Go figure, I love Christmas music and Christmas movies.  My favorite Christmas movie is a toss up between Elf and The Santa Clause movies.  I haven't seen any of those yet this year.

I forgot to post day one - I love the original Carols, sung by choirs. The Tabernacle Choir is my favorite. The fun songs are ok for the kids to listen to end enjoy. But choral music is still my favorite. Even Pentatonix singing real Christmas Carols.

Sure love Hallmark movies. Most have the same story line but still it's a good relaxing escape. I have just completed 3 in a series about a NY girl who goes to an 'unknown' land to write a story on that family, and is mistaken for a tutor for their daughter, and she falls in love with the Prince, who has a crippled sister. There's a bit of a twist in each story - criminal mystery - first movie they fall in love and get engaged, second one, they get married, and third one have a baby.... all on the consecutive Christmas days. Spoiler alert, but worth watching.

I love Christmas music. If you just use your smart devices, you can listen to whatever your heart desires and not have to rely on just the radio. (Sorry, I missed yesterdays question)

I love holiday movies too, my husband and I start watching them as soon as they come out. We just watch whatever each year, but every year my husband has to watch Polar Express with the grand kids. Not because of the the grands but because he loves it so much. lol 

We don't get all the Hallmark or holiday movies that are available in the U.S. but we do get quite a few. I love the cheesy stories and happy endings. I like "feel-good" kind of movies in December and watch them from Dec 1-24th. Then I get back into my regular programming. I'm the only one who watches them, my hubs and daughter aren't interested. Xmas Eve we'll binge something totally not Xmassy, like Ratched or Fargo. Last year I loved "Last Christmas". A few all-time faves are "A Christmas Story" and "Christmas With the Kranks".

1 hour ago, alsoarty said:

Sure love Hallmark movies. Most have the same story line but still it's a good relaxing escape. I have just completed 3 in a series about a NY girl who goes to an 'unknown' land to write a story on that family, and is mistaken for a tutor for their daughter, and she falls in love with the Prince, who has a crippled sister. There's a bit of a twist in each story - criminal mystery - first movie they fall in love and get engaged, second one, they get married, and third one have a baby.... all on the consecutive Christmas days. Spoiler alert, but worth watching.

Yep watched those 3 over the last couple of years. Yes, some are to cheesy for my liking but most are just cute enough to take a break from real life. lol

I’ve never watched Hallmark movies, but was amazed a few years ago to find my sister does!  Amazed, because she doesn’t show sentimental feeling and to me they are so over-dramatic.   She says they are her stress-busters because they are not complicated, etc.  The past few years when she’s here I’ve watched with her and I laugh saying, “Hey, wasn’t that person just in the other movie?”.    That said, I get it and can see that they are easy to watch and uncomplicated in a complicated world.   But, I’m generally not one for movies anyway since I usually fall asleep during them at some point and then lose the plot.   ?

I LOVE Hallmark Christmas movies and have been really missing them this year. We switched to streaming at the beginning of 2020, and our platform doesn't have Hallmark. However, my all time favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas. I love the songs, the costumes, the dancing, the sentimentality. I watch it every year, usually when I am wrapping gifts.

Yes, I enjoy watching Christmas Movies.

We have ACCTV which is an Australian Christian channel with our Foxtel so the last few nights I have been watching some Christmas ones. So far they are ones I have seen before.  I like watching Hallmarks mini movies - Signed Sealed Delivered and I really enjoy watching the Christmas one during this series of movies. I think I have seen it 3 times now. It is only good if you have got to know the characters in the previous movies. 

We don't have Hallmark channel here in New Zealand. As its our summer and our Christmas is usually spent outside (unless its raining) we rarely watch TV during this time. I don't have a favourite Christmas movie but have seen a few good ones over the past years especially when the children were young.

I'm not sure we get Hallmark in the UK.

Apart from White Christmas which we watch every year (DS and I dancing and singing along to "Sisters") my favourite Christmas movie is The Holiday which I believe I've confessed and been forgiven for by my Scrap Girl friends once or twice before! That's scheduled for watching this weekend when the house is empty.

3 hours ago, englishrose said:

I'm not sure we get Hallmark in the UK.

Apart from White Christmas which we watch every year (DS and I dancing and singing along to "Sisters") my favourite Christmas movie is The Holiday which I believe I've confessed and been forgiven for by my Scrap Girl friends once or twice before! That's scheduled for watching this weekend when the house is empty.

My Mom loved that movie and even bought the DVD.   We used to have to watch it a few times during the Christmas Season (or anytime) and she always enjoyed it.  It IS a good movie and now that you’ve reminded me of it I might have to go look up the DVD and watch it.