Jumpstart January 2021

ValerieT

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6th January
Speed-bump!

Let’s go window shopping! I don’t know about you but I am always on the look out for new collections to add to my wish list. Head over to the Scrap girls shop and find a collection whose dominant colour is your favourite colour. Share a link (and photo if you know how to do it) in this thread.

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

I love green, so I like a lot of the kits put together by Carol W Designs. Everyday Moment is one of my favorites. 

@SodScrap Conda, I guess I need a reminder on how to put the photo in from the store, because I couldn't get it to work. 

I was able to right click and copy the photo, then paste.  ?

26 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

I was able to right click and copy the photo, then paste.  ?

Hmmm. Thought I did that, but let me try again.  Still isn't working for me...... 

Right click
Copy Image
Paste into body of Forum Message 
Pic is there, but after I hit "submit" it disappears. I must be a complete dunce because nobody else seems to have trouble with this.

@Celestine I tried the copy/paste thing and thought it was there but it wasn't. I wound up saving the image to my computer and uploading from there. Also, once it's in your forum post, you can edit the post and double click on the image to reduce the size. It loads at 600 px but I reduced mine to 300 px. You can see if you like it that size or not. 

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

@Celestine I tried the copy/paste thing and thought it was there but it wasn't. I wound up saving the image to my computer and uploading from there. Also, once it's in your forum post, you can edit the post and double click on the image to reduce the size. It loads at 600 px but I reduced mine to 300 px. You can see if you like it that size or not. 

Yeah, thanks Diane. Downloading, saving, posting and then reducing the size on the pic is way too much work, LOL. @April Showers is there an easier way?

18 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I like green, all greens, but especially like the tropical greens that work well with my Florida photos.  Reinvent by AFT has been a perennial favorite, but right now I'm liking Carmen Miranda by Silvia Romeo, among others.

SilviaRomeo_CarmenMiranda_SG.jpg

18 hours ago, Florida granny said:

17 hours ago, Celestine said:

Yeah, thanks Diane. Downloading, saving, posting and then reducing the size on the pic is way too much work, LOL. @April Showers is there an easier way?

Thanks for stepping in Diane.  I was gone ALLLLL day yesterday, I apologize that I wasn't able to help!!

Here is the Forum Tutorial regarding this.

So...I've been working on an amazing layout for this and was so engrossed in putting it together, I forgot I have "rules to follow".  And well.  I didn't follow the rules.  I will be starting over......................... ?

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Collection:everyday moment

Yeah! Thanks @April Showers! The copy and paste worked! Thanks for your efforts on this! Above is both the image and the link to Carol W Designs' Everyday Moment Collection. 

Because GREEN is GREAT!

Now...I haven't been able to get photos to link like this since the upgrade before this most recent one.....

On 1/6/2021 at 1:10 PM, Florida granny said:

Ohhhh, interesting, this is what I've always done and found it easy, especially since I can reduce the size of the photo to whatever size I want.  
I had no idea there was a copy/paste option.   I'll have to check out the tutorial and see if it works for me.