Jumpstart January 2021

ValerieT

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jan 14th - Speed-bump!
Head over to the gallery and find a layout to scrap-lift. You can pick a layout from any gallery, by anyone. Post a link to the layout in this thread so you can find it again next week.

Link to layout I want to lift.  This is so beautiful! I love the large photo masked on top and the two smaller ones are arranged as if to make a heart!

4 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I'm always in awe of people who do elegant white space layouts so I'll attempt a scrap-lift of Celestine's page here: http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/191105-wedding-promises-made/

Wish me luck!

Awww, thanks Diane! I have to admit that I find white space layouts a real challenge. I usually use lots of color and fill up my page, so I have to really restrain myself to pull off a white space page. I look forward to seeing your page!

Well.... I wound up changing my background mask to another one by Brandy Murry (Grunge Block), just because I thought it went better with the photo and frame.  Then I also changed my ribbon from white to blue (from Wesley's Christmas). The title uses one of the alphas from BMU Winter Magic and I added a font: Kristi. Here it is now:

JJ LO 2 title.jpg

18th January
Remember that layout you picked last week? We want you to scrap-lift that layout this week. Remember that it is up to you how you chose to use the layout to inspire you.

Start with the background and use at least two papers.

19th January
Now to add some photos to your layout.  Don’t forget, you are scraplifting the layout you picked last week.  This week it is up to you how many photos you want to add, but you need to alter at least one in some way.  

4 hours ago, Mikelle said:

19th January
Now to add some photos to your layout.  Don’t forget, you are scraplifting the layout you picked last week.  This week it is up to you how many photos you want to add, but you need to alter at least one in some way.  

So I completely lost the plot. I did not read the instructions of the SPEED BUMP properly. I've already completed and posted my layout. I did not use 2 papers or adjust the photos in any way. Will it count or must I make the changes and repost?

12 hours ago, Belle said:

So I completely lost the plot. I did not read the instructions of the SPEED BUMP properly. I've already completed and posted my layout. I did not use 2 papers or adjust the photos in any way. Will it count or must I make the changes and repost?

Hi Belle!  I would say ultimately the layout you already posted will count just fine - but we still have several tasks to go on it this week.  Just so you can have fun participating still, you could consider doing a second version of the layout you've already done, backtracking and following the tasks for this week, or you could find another layout to scrap lift and follow the tasks for this week with that new layout.  You don't have to, though.  We're just glad to have you here!

Hi guys, sorry I'm late today!  I tried to post late last night on my iPad, but it apparently didn't go through.  Here is today's task:

20th January
Speed-bump!
When did you last download, organise and backup your supplies? Take some time today to download any new purchases, organise your supplies and make sure your backups are running/up-to-date.