Weekend Wildcard 1/9

beatricemi

This challenge requires you to change up your scrapping style or preference. In other words if you typically scrap artsy style try classic; simple try heavily embellished. Hopefully that makes sense. My sample and description of what I changed might give you a better idea of what I mean. Once you complete your project upload it to the Weekend Challenge Gallery and come back here with a link so we can leave you some love. Don't forget to add your link to the January Challenge Chase so you can work toward earning a GC.

Here is my layout. What's different: only 1 photo and no patterned papers- 2 things I practically never do. I like multi photo layouts and patterned papers are my favorite. I can't wait to see what you create.

I agree with everyone, this was a hard challenge. Like @alsoarty I scrap in lots of styles and decided to look through and see what I don't do very often. Well, it ended up being the style you LIKE to do @beatricemi, layouts with lots of patterns and multiple photos. Since this is your specialty, Bea, I decided to scraplift your High Road layout. Here is my version.

OK So this style is called Eclectic. Something I do not do - I am to into placement and can not just randomly use space, and place something. It has to be a cluster, or in line or., or, or.... if you know what I mean. I looked up Eclectic and got this: deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources., and The master of visual chaos.

HERE is my page. Thanks for the challenge!

18 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Can you hear me screaming? I was about to save my layout - for the first save... and PS quit. I had done so much work on it... don't know if I can re-do what I was doing. ARG!

That happens to me. If it just locks up I take a screen shot to make it easier to recreate. If it shuts down completely- ugh. That's the end. Mine never auto-saves. I use PSE. Maybe there is an option. Better would be if I would just manually save at least periodically.

3 hours ago, beatricemi said:

That happens to me. If it just locks up I take a screen shot to make it easier to recreate. If it shuts down completely- ugh. That's the end. Mine never auto-saves. I use PSE. Maybe there is an option. Better would be if I would just manually save at least periodically.

I usually save save save, I just barely started had the template done and then it miraculously went away. Oh well got one done anyway.

I love single photo layouts.  They are my go-to style.  So this lo has a group of pictures and a lot of embellishments (again, not my style).  This is my granddaughter and her fiancée.  They got engaged Christmas Eve.  I am not thrilled with the lo but I did, for my own sake, do a single photo lo too.  Ha!.  This is MINE