Weekend Wildcard 1/16

Celestine

It's a New Year, which means it is time to try new things or renew ourselves. Let's try that approach with our scrapping supplies! Take papers and/or embellishments from on "old" kit and give them a "new" twist. Do something like apply a stamp or sponge effect or add a watercolor filter to existing papers or embellishments. Or convert a paper to sepia, black and white, a bold color or a sketch. Get dramatic! Let your creativity take you someplace new. 

You must convert AT LEAST TWO embellishments or papers, but feel free to go for more. Post your layout to Weekend Wildcard Challenges in the Gallery Forum, and then in this thread please tell us which items you converted and how you turned something old into something new.

In the next comment, I will post my layout and tell you how I "renewed" a few old scrapbook items.

Here is my layout - Wildlife.  I turned the wood background from Ginny's Fall Farmhouse kit into a black and white sketch and layered it behind a paper from Aftermidnight Design's Nordic Woods. The maple seeds, oak leaves, bird and fox all had a sketch filter applied. The lavender bundle had a stamp effect applied, and the large bottom wreath was changed in color from brown to black. In summary, anything on the page that is now black and white was "renewed."

@Celestine I just commented on your lovely page but didn't realize that was the challenge.   It's so intriguing and I've been wanting to do an "artsy" page so I am going to think about this and hopefully will have time to do something.   Right now I'm going down my "to-do" list which started with putting away the very few Christmas things I have out.   Somehow, that list still looks long.  ?

2 hours ago, ScrapgirlCindy said:

I just finished this lo last night and think it fits the challenge.  I used BMU XOX paper and embellies for a Christmas layout.  This is me with Rebekah and my doggie, Piper.  This is MINE.

Thanks for participating in the challenge, Cindy! Did you do a conversion of two papers or elements? If so, let us know! ?

Thank you for challenging me to stretch my skills! I took my oldest “active” kit in my stash, Garden Plot Collection Mini and found a piece of paper. I recolored it by adjusting the hue, then I decreased the saturation to make it more of a mute color. I added a blended edge using Amanda’s Blended Edges paper template. I recolored a flower to match the color theme of the page. I deleted the word art in the circle to use as a journal box. I also used the equal sign to create a border down the side.

Here is mine.

I am so happy everyone is appreciating the challenge! This is the first challenge I have posted as part of the Welcoming Committee, and I admit I was nervous about it. It has been so fun to see how everyone is interpreting the tasks! You all are the neatest bunch of ScrapGirls! 

Here's mine. I made these as a two page spread. I recolored the papers I used for the frames to make them just a bit darker. I recolored the inside of the flowers in page 2. The original red centers made them look to springy. Then I also added a "ripped" look to the tan layer under the pics on page 2 also. 

Here's mine

WWC-1-16-Old/New

Papers:  BMU-Grace ABR-Srendipity;

Elements:  BDS-PhotoOfLife; SNU-EverdayStories; MRE-BrightCanyon; ABR-Love Notes

Pic: Mine

New:  Everyday Stories - used Mommyish Stylin2020-GlassTiles (leaves); Bright Canyon-used water style for frame; used sponge filter on picture; EverydayGrace-used semi-e filter; EverydayGrace(paper)- changed color and blend mode to diff; Serendipity-adjusted fill; PhotoOfLife-Blend change and used burn and dodge tool