February 2021 Monthly Challenges

Mikelle

It's already February!  Where I live, February can be a bit cold, wet, and bleak - and with this pandemic continuing on and on and on, I predict it will be even more challenging than normal to stay positive this month.  With that in mind, here are your four February challenges... hopefully completing these layouts will be a welcome distraction!  Once you've finished one or more layouts (you don't have to complete them all), upload them into the Monthly Challenge Gallery then come back to this thread to leave links to your layouts.  If you're participating in the February Challenge Chase, don't forget to also post your links in the February Challenge Chase thread as well.

Challenge 1: February is the month of LOVE!  Scrap a layout centered around any Valentine's Day traditions you have now or that you've had in the past.  As an alternative (because I know not everyone bothers with Valentine's Day), scrap a layout with a love or friendship theme. 

Challenge 2:  Color Challenge!  Yes, of course, February colors, but I went with a more moody color palette.  If you'd like the actual hex or RGB numbers, they can be found HERE.  Your February color palette:

30012.png

Challenge 3:  February is also the month of several official observances.  I've listed many of them below.  Pick one to base your layout on.  Judging from the list below, the sky is the limit on this layout challenge!  Here is a list of observances to choose from based on February in the U.S., but you may choose one based on February in your own location if you wish (just tell us what it is!):

• National Fasting February
  • An Affair to Remember Month
  • Black History Month
  • Canned Food Month
  • Creative Romance Month
  • Great American Pies Month (well, doesn't have to be American... just pie!)
  • National Bake for Family Fun Month
  • National Bird Feeding Month
  • National Children's Dental Health Month
  • National Grapefruit Month
  • National Heart Month
  • National Hot Breakfast Month
  • National Library Lover's Month
  • National Snack Food Month
  • National Weddings Month
  • National Embroidery Month

Challenge 4:  OK, I'll have one layout that isn't necessarily associated with February.  This last layout will be a combination of a theme and recipe layout.  THEME:  Base your layout on a children's book or story that you enjoyed as a child, or that someone dear to you loved (significant other, kids, etc).  This is open for interpretation, and your layout doesn't necessarily have to specifically be about the story or book, but if it's not obvious what story you picked, let us know when you post your layout what story/book that it's based on, and how your layout relates.  Then to add a twist, incorporate the following requirements:

• Use as many papers as you like, but include at least one patterned paper.
  • Use as many embellishments as you like, but include one kid-related item (teddy bear, baby bottle, rattle, toy car, train, etc).
  • Include a heart somewhere on your layout.

Have fun this month, hang in there, and let me know if you have any questions.  I'll be following this thread all month, and I can't wait to see what you all come up with!