Tuesday Challenge - March 2, 2021

Celestine

I've been looking out my window at the same old snowy white for months now. The late winter doldrums have hit. I imagine many of you are just like me - ready for a change of scenery!

Your challenge this week is to create a scene using scrapbook papers or embellishments. You can keep it simple by using a scenic background paper. You can use tree elements to create a forest. Layer curvy papers to create hills or waves on the ocean. Make mountains out of triangles filled with papers. Or maybe use a window to create a fantasy scene. Let your imagination take you to a new place!

For inspiration, here are some layouts plucked out of the gallery that use embellishments and papers to create a scene:

Monthly #2 Color ch by barbaraj (papers blended for ocean with sea embellishments)
Impromptu Skating by Celestine (papers form trees and hills)
Reflections by Celestine (torn papers templates form lakeside)
Blending-cuba-car by Boatlady (paper as graffiti wall)
weekend challenge by Jane in N.Z. (window and garden scene)
Pisgah Fireside by Celestine (tree embellishments and brushes)

Looking for tools and papers? Try these from the ScrapGirls store or have fun looking up others:

Trees: Deep In Heart by Carol W Designs, Countdown to Christmas Sticker Templates by Chere Kaye, Birch Trees by Syndee Rogers, Coastal Palms by Brandy Murry, Branches and Leaves by Cherise Oleson
Scenic Papers: Butterfly Dsign The Magic Book Scenic Papers or Winter Solstice Value Pack, ML Design Adventure Papers 2 or Into The Wild 1 Papers Scene
Torn Paper Templates: Paper Tears 2 by Ginny Whitcomb or Tear Away Edges by Susie Roberts
Ocean paraphernalia: Last Moment of Summer Value Pack by Xuxper, Flamingo Cove by Designs by Helly
Buildings: Altered Life Embellishment Mini by Syndee Rogers, Global Gourmet Dutch Collection by Marlene Peacock, Street Grunge by Angie Briggs, AFT Designs Metro

When you are finished, load your layout into the Weekly Newsletter Gallery and provide a link in the thread below.

I've done a few of these, THIS ONE came to mind from June 2014 (I can not find it here in the galleries, it could have been for a challenge. (Anyway, I will do another one. I believe it was Elisha Barnett's collection, and the elf is one Lauren Crochet, her design.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this challenge, but you all are putting out the funnest and funniest pages I've seen in a while! Everyone is certainly taking me out of my winter doldrums with your terrific imaginations. Such talent! Can't wait to see what else gets posted this week!