Pin layouts

Belle

@Belle  I think the only way you can do what you want to do is to click on "follow" the page and then in the pop up box - click on " Do not send me any notifications".

then to look at what you have followed you click on your user name at the top of the forum and choose "Manage Followed Content" - then over on the left you will see "Gallery" - click on "Images" and it will show all images you are following. 

1 hour ago, A-M said:

@Belle  I think the only way you can do what you want to do is to click on "follow" the page and then in the pop up box - click on " Do not send me any notifications".

then to look at what you have followed you click on your user name at the top of the forum and choose "Manage Followed Content" - then over on the left you will see "Gallery" - click on "Images" and it will show all images you are following. 

Thank you so much. I will do that.

Belle I used to take screenshots of layouts I wanted to save.  Now I have discovered that under the image in the Gallery if you click the arrow in the "Image Tools" box under the layout and then click "Download" you can download the page and then save it in a folder.    Not sure if that's what you'd want to do, but I hope this helps.

@A-M That is so cool, I never knew you could do that without receiving constant notifications on the page.

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Belle I used to take screenshots of layouts I wanted to save.  Now I have discovered that under the image in the Gallery if you click the arrow in the "Image Tools" box under the layout and then click "Download" you can download the page and then save it in a folder.    Not sure if that's what you'd want to do, but I hope this helps.

@A-M That is so cool, I never knew you could do that without receiving constant notifications on the page.

Thank you, that worked perfectly.

7 hours ago, Belle said:

How do I pin or save layouts. There are some really lovely layouts that I would like to refer to for inspiration. Here is one layout that I keep going back to. It's so beautiful and unusual.

Belle - I save a lot of layouts on Pinterest for inspiration. I go back to them constantly. If you are looking at the large ScrapGirls gallery version of the layout you want to save, there are two boxes in the bottom right. You may need to run your mouse cursor over the layout image to get the boxes to pop up. On the box called "SHARE," click on the triangle. There will be a Pinterest logo that pops up (along with others like Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and if you click on it, it will take you to your Pinterest page. I have loaded the Pinterest app onto my Google Chrome bar, and clicking on the icon takes me directly to my personal Pinterest folders.

12 minutes ago, MariJ said:

@Celestine well, now that is good info also.   And, this way it doesn't have to be on your hard drive, although I admit to liking it there.  Pinterest confuses me and is SO annoying when I'm trying to follow directions and ads and videos keep popping up on top of them.  ?

Exactly - I love that it takes zero room on my hard drive. I think the trick to the ads is to never, ever click on them. I have to admit I think Pinterest has become more ad-heavy recently. I just scroll right past and don't even look at them. 

40 minutes ago, Celestine said:

Belle - I save a lot of layouts on Pinterest for inspiration. I go back to them constantly. If you are looking at the large ScrapGirls gallery version of the layout you want to save, there are two boxes in the bottom right. You may need to run your mouse cursor over the layout image to get the boxes to pop up. On the box called "SHARE," click on the triangle. There will be a Pinterest logo that pops up (along with others like Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and if you click on it, it will take you to your Pinterest page. I have loaded the Pinterest app onto my Google Chrome bar, and clicking on the icon takes me directly to my personal Pinterest folders.

Thanks for this. It's a great idea.

4 hours ago, Celestine said:

Exactly - I love that it takes zero room on my hard drive. I think the trick to the ads is to never, ever click on them. I have to admit I think Pinterest has become more ad-heavy recently. I just scroll right past and don't even look at them. 

Well, I never click on ads on any site, but this is really annoying.  I have been crocheting cute little baby hats from Pinterest this winter.   As I am crocheting, all kinds of videos will pop on (sometimes of the directions) RIGHT on top of what I'm reading.  And, that's not even counting the print ads.   I was finally so distressed one day I spent a lot of time screen shooting the directions and then throwing them all into PSE and cutting and pasting them into a document so I could easily read them without being constantly interrupted.   But, that was a real pain to do.   I might be giving up Pinterest - just when I was starting to use it!