Who What Where

Guest Teresa P

Ramona, wife to Greg for 23 years, Mom to Erika (22), Mackenzie (20), and Brad (15), and GiGi (grandma) to Tyler (8 weeks today!)

I am 40 years old and back to being a full time college student!!!!

Spending time with family and friends, photography, cooking, reading

Gillette, Wyoming in the middle of no where! Truly, I have to drive at least 2 hours in any direction to get to a Target! But "home" is Davison, Michigan

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are you? - Jenny

What do you love most? - mucking about with digital photos, I'm not being clever, I really didn't realise there where other people who liked it too! (*laughs* yes, I must live under a rock!!!!)

- other than that I like to spend my time with husband and our "babies" our cats.

Where do you live? Australia

Who are you? Debbie, wife of 23 years to Paul and mom to Alex, Katie and Abbie

What do you love most? Besides my family? Besides God? Hmmmm - scrapbooking......reading.......working out.......Photoshop CS2!

Where do you live? Houston where it is either hot or wet - those are our seasons.

Hi! My name is Paula and I am a newbie to the message boards at Scrap Girls. I've been a newsletter junkie for quite sometime, and decided to jump in and get to know folks! I am a wife (of 25 years), the glad mom of 2 grown boys, 1 new grandson and 2 grand dogs. I am a professional Christian Counselor and an altered art addict! (I have the mess to prove it!)

I live in the midwest (southern Illinois specifically) and am sweltering in the 110 degree heat...argh! It's bad when *I* have a hotflash in the privacy of my own home, (where I like to keep it a temperate 65 degrees year round) :dancing_penguin: but when the WEATHER has a hotflash, and when it LASTS for weeks, well, that's just nuts!

I LOVE digital photography, LOVE to travel, LOVE digital scrapbooking, and LOVE messy, grungy, creative art and artists!

SO glad to be here! :having-a-party:

• 2 weeks later...

:clapping_kitty: Hello everyone.

I have just started with the message board so here goes:

I am wife to Bob (38 yrs), mom to twins, Jennifer and Jeremy (they will be 30 this month!),

grandma to Brenton - just turned 10 yrs old.

Mom to doggie fur babies: Brandie 12 yrs (lab), Sparky 4 yrs (Westie) and baby Buster 2yrs (Yorkie)

I am an Illustrator/ Technical Writer by trade - but love to scrapbook and read, used to quilt but haven't had time.

I live in the center of it all - Wichita, KS

What a great way to get to know you all! :)

My name is Stacie, and I'm the wife of Finn and the mother of Riley Mae (4 1/2).

It goes without saying that I love my family more than anything, but besides the obvious, I love (in no particular order): watching the History Channel, Madmen, and Deadwood re-runs, playing MMO games (I'm a writer for a game company, so go figure...), digital scrapbooking, putzing around researching "anything" on the Web, spending time on MySpace, reading, making cards, shopping, photography, playing soccer with my daughter, and learning new things.

I live in Seattle, but I'll soon be moving to Bellingham (north of Seattle). Any other Bellingham digital scrappers out there? I'd love to meet you once I'm settled in my new place!

Hi,

I'm Marion, Mother of 3, Grandma of 6 and mom to 3 4-legged hairy humans (dogs).

I love my family, dogs, scrapbooking, quilting and reading and having my grandkids nearby to play with.

I am also a big baseball fan. Go D-backs !!!!

I'm from NJ but moved to AZ about 20 years ago.

Hello,

I am Vaughnde (pronounced Vonda), 45, profoundly deaf, divorced, mom to Rebekah (24) who is married to Jon (26) and have given me 3 adorable grandchildren...Abigail (4), Benjamin (2) and Samuel (4 mos on the 20th) and Naomi Lou (16, currently living in Enid, Ok with her fiance Mike. They plan to marry Dec 23rd when she is 17)

I love my Lord, my family (parents and aunts/uncle/cousins live nearby), Friends, reading, rubber stamping (13 yrs), card making, teabag folding, iris folding, swimming, soapmaking (5 yrs) and now digi scrapping. I use psp 9 and have created many background papers on my photobucket in the past few years.

I live in Roseburg Oregon right in the middle of the western part right off I-5 on your way down to CA!

Hello,

I am Vaughnde (pronounced Vonda), 45, profoundly deaf, divorced, mom to Rebekah (24) who is married to Jon (26) and have given me 3 adorable grandchildren...Abigail (4), Benjamin (2) and Samuel (4 mos on the 20th) and Naomi Lou (16, currently living in Enid, Ok with her fiance Mike. They plan to marry Dec 23rd when she is 17)

I love my Lord, my family (parents and aunts/uncle/cousins live nearby), Friends, reading, rubber stamping (13 yrs), card making, teabag folding, iris folding, swimming, soapmaking (5 yrs) and now digi scrapping. I use psp 9 and have created many background papers on my photobucket in the past few years.

I live in Roseburg Oregon right in the middle of the western part right off I-5 on your way down to CA!

Hi All

I'm married to my best friend for 23yrs. We have 2 beautiful girls 21 and 19. I took a buyout from my job at one of the major auto companies and currently trying to figure out what I want to do. Worked in assembly for 10yrs so this is a treat to be able to finally get on the computer and enjoy it without being dead tired all the time.

I love love my computer and working with graphics the most. My 3 other "kids" a golden, a mutt( the best kind), and a newly adopted jack russell and of course digital scrapping.

I live in Michigan, right outside Detroit I live downriver which is known as the walleye capital of the world so needless to say I also love to fish:) and will be posting some fishing pages soon in the gallery.

I'm looking forward to be getting more involved on the boards, since winter is coming and I hate the cold:)

Who am I? Leila, wife to Tom, mother of CJ and Kirk (2 grown sons), grandma to Audrey, and “mum”/trainer to two fur, babies Raven and Lakota (Australian Shepherds) … oh, and I can’t forget Abbie the tabby!

What I love? Besides the LORD and family, I guess I can best be described as a northern gal with a big heart for nature and puppy dogs ... well, all critters actually. To me, there is nothing more poetic than the quiet hush of the early morning as a sleepy world begins to stir and wake to a new day. Then again, there is that time of night when the sky looks like a backdrop of midnight velvet that has a thousand dazzling diamonds flung across it displaying another time when all seems hushed in quiet witness of such beauty. Does it sound like I can't quite make up my mind? I guess I just love life and all the beauty each moment can bring ... if one has eyes to see what is really there before them. (What about you ... do you take the time to see?)

Where I live? The state dubbed “Winter Wonderland” that consists of 2 peninsulas jutting into the Great Lakes. Michigan is truly a beautiful state to enjoy the splendor of all four seasons … including fall – my very favorite!

Who am I? Marty, wife to David, mom to Jason, Maria, Carrie and Michelle - my four grown kids, all married, one grandchild on the way, AND John, our precious 3 year old! Also mom to 4 crazy pets - 2 dogs, Maggie and Zippy, and 2 cats, Lacey and Oliver.

What do I love? Besides the Lord and my family, I love life, traveling and scrapping. :)

Where do I live? Right smack dab in the middle of Michigan. LOVE IT!

Who are you? My name is Gwen, wife to Dale, mom to Lesa and David and Nana to Dustin, Courtney, Melanie and Jacob

What do you love most? 1. Lord Jesus Christ 2. Family 3. Mountains and hiking 4. Scrapping 5. reading 6. ETC....

Where do you live? I live in Southern Oregon

Aloha Everyone! My name is Tracey and I'm new to Scrap Girls as well as digital scrapbooking. I love traditional scrapbooking but never have the time. I'm hoping this will be a better way to be creative with my digital photos.

I'm originally from Hawaii, but we're now living in Washington state. I have two boys, ages 5 and 4 that keep me very busy. I also have TONS of photos of them that I need to do something with. My mother in law requested scrapbooks of my boys as a Christmas gift. I think I have a better chance of getting it done digitally. Looking forward to learning from you more seasoned digital scrapbookers!

Hi!

I am Sue, or Susan...actually, I answer to pretty much anything...but be nice, please! I'm 48.997...I'll be 49 in two weeks, and the number doesn't bother me a bit. I am the doting mother to Jason, who just turned 16, and Logan, who is 14 1/2. They aren't all that thrilled that I am so involved with them...at least when we are in public! Secretly, I think they do like it. With all the headaches that the teen years can bring, these guys make my life worth living! I have been married to Kevin for just over 17 years. Right now, my Goddaughter, Renee (26 yrs. old) and her son, Ethan (5 yrs. old) are living with us while she saves for a down payment for a home. She is a hard worker, and a great mother, and we love having them with us. They also lived with us for about 1 1/2 years, starting when Ethan was 6 months old. Between my boys and Ethan, I get to laugh and love a lot each day! I work part-time for my church (Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Wilmington, NC) as the director of religious education...well, I get PAID for part-time work...but it almost always involves full time work. My program includes about 80-100 children, and I absolutely love each and every one of them. What could be better than working for--and with--the kids? With this job, I get one weekend off each month. I have been scrapbooking with paper for many, many years, and have recently started working at the Scrapper's Dream Vacations (SDV) scrapbooking weekends, making photo reprints and enlargements/reductions, and doing photo restoration and custom work. What a great way to spend my weekend off from my "regular" job! I also sing alto in the Carolina Vocal Arts Ensemble, which is a fantastic semi-professional choral group. Next month, we are doing an Evening with Gilbert and Sullivan, which promises to be a blast for both the performers and the audience! I have been creating our performance posters and our programs for the past three years, and that fits right in with the whole digital scrapbooking thing. I have been thinking of trying digital for a while, and I finally completed my first layout. I did this before I found ScrapGirls (the day before!), so I didn't use any of the items from here. Since I am pretty adept with Corel Draw, I often make my own "embellishments" and such, but I did use a background and one embellishment from another site. I'm not sure if I can post it on this site without any SG items, but if I can, I'll post it soon. It is of Ethan playing in the sprinkler, and he is a doll! I live west of Wilmington, NC, in the rapidly growing community of Leland, and I love living here. We have been here for 10 years, now.

Well, I didn't think I would have much to say, but it turns out that I had PLENTY to tell! And I keep thinking of more. But, I will spare you right now...you are saved by my having to leave for work...about 15 minutes ago!

I'm glad to have found this site, and look forward to learning more about digital scrapbooking and all of you.

Peace,

Sue

Hi

I am Elaine and I live in Kilmarnock which is just 17 miles south of Glasgow (Scotland). I have just started digital scrapbooking and I am hooked. I have been scrapbooking for many years but only digitally for the pasts 2 days - a real newbie.

I am married to Andy and we have a set of twins aged 14 - Andrew and Stephanie (Andrew is 3 minutes older much to the annoyance of Stephanie).

Andy has just completed 30 years with Strathclyde Police and during that time he studied (on a part time basis) at Strathclyde University. He is now a lawyer after 9 years and is serving his apprenticeship with the Crown Office. He absolutely loves his new career.

I am an accountant - only part time now (more time for crafting).

My hobbies are scrapbooking, cardmaking, cross stitching, reading.

My twins are very special as they are IVF. We had one failed attempt and then on the 2nd attempt we were successful. Needless to say all of my albums so far have been about Andrew and Stephanie. I started a new one on Sunday - a digital scrapbook of - guess what - you guessed - Andrew and Stephanie.

Bye for now

I am looking forward to gaining knowledge on the tips and hints for better scrapbooking pages. I have an OK knowledge of Photoshop as I have been on 2 courses at local colleges but the software is so big I know very little - only the tip of a very big iceberg so I hope to increase my knowledge by learning from you ladies.

I am Caren wife to my hubbie for almost 28 years (we got gothere I was very young so was he hehehehehe)

I have 2 birth children & 1 by adotpion

I have 4 grandchildren

& 1 cat

what i love most is my family my husband

I live outside of pittsburgh by a few miles & would love to live in warmer weather

that's it simple life here

caren

Who are you?

Melissa

What do you love most?

God, my husband Phill, my extended family and doing creative things like painting.

Where do you live?

Kalgoorlie, Western Australia (pop 35 000, 600kms from Perth and 400kms from the beach!)

I'm new to scrapping...

Who: Geri, married to Les. Four children, 2 granddaughters, 1 great grandson and another on the way. Did all this before I was 58

What I like: Photography, Digital Scrapping, Hockey and cooking

Where: Aiken SC, 17miles from Augusta GA border, transplant from New Jersey 21 years ago.

Looking for anyone in this area that loves digital scrapbooking to trade info with.

Who: Patty Anne, wife to Bugs, Mom to Zoey, Step-momster to Shawn, Buddy, Cody & Rose, Oma to Makayla, Duchess & Miley, Food Person to Clancy, Lucky & Lucy.

What: God, Life, Light, Laughter, Family, Music, Creative EVERYTHING, Exploring, Travelling, anything else I haven't tried at least twice... (this is a list in constant progress)

Where: Jefferson, TX. Pop 2200. A sleepy Bed&Breakfast town established in 1850's. (Ladybird Johnson grew up here)

• 3 weeks later...

Who are you? Heidi, a mom to 2 beautiful girls (I feel sorry for my husband ... even our 6 year old Chihuahua is a girl!). I teach P.E. in the afternoons and usually have my morning free. It is just enought to be a "stay-at-home" mom, yet I can early a little extra $. Where else can you work and have the same days off as your kids AND when you kids are sick your boss begs you to go home and not stay at work! :-)

What do you love most? Honestly, I love Jesus Christ the most. Without Him, my life wouldn't be what it is. After that, my family ( I have the best husband in the world ... and even though my girls can drive me nuts, they are the best!), I love sunsets on the beach ... ahhhh, scraping (both digi and "regular"), reading Christian fiction, having happy moment with my family, dark chocolate (with nuts, alone, on straberries, etc. :wub: ) ...

Where do you live? I live in Roseville, CA. I don't ever plan to move. My dad was a pastor and we were constantly moving when I was a kid. I hated it. The longest we ever lived anywhere was in Klamath, CA. We lived there for 5 years. When I married Jim, he promised me that we would never move. When we were first married, I was staying home with Brianna and he was working at a job that paid him $8.50 an hour. He was offered a job in the state of Washington for $70,000. He turned them down immediatly because he had promised me we would never move. He told me about this offer a year later. I told him next time TALK TO ME FIRST!!! I might be willing to move ... $8.50 .... $70,000 ... no brainer!! He, he!! He loves me ... :wub:

Well, this has been a really interesting read. I've learned more about the rest of you, in addition to the Introduce Yourself topic, at which I went on, at LENGTH. If you get to know me, I tend not to post a lot, but when I DO, I post BIG! :hahohi:

Who are you? My name is Elaine; I turned 50 years old this year. I am an artist, but have never done any scrapping at all, although I did do some collage type stuff years ago, and I did website design for a living for quite a while (but that counts for nothing with this stuff... I found that out in a hurry!) I have been married and widowed, 10 years ago, and am remarried again, by the grace of God, to Edward. I have one child, Jonathan, who is grown. I have red hair and freckles, I think my picture is too small to see that! :rofl:

What do you love most? Hmmm... WHAT, not WHO? I suppose I could answer 'what' AND 'who', :dancing-smilie: What: color, color, color, spinning, and knitting, and dyeing, and quilting, and painting, and beadwork, embroidery, my Mac, MUSIC, photography, travel, the ocean, the mountains, dragonflies, whales, hummingbirds, growing things, and I "HOPE" digital scrapping! Who: God, my family, the friends I have, and the friends I haven't met yet, the people who make my day by being considerate and thoughtful during THEIR day. :happy-sun:

Where do you live? Right now, we live on a tiny island in Washington State, where I can see the water and the mountains out my windows. I have lived a lot of places, I guess I call South Carolina my home, because most of my family is there. I have lived in the Pacific NW for 15 years. We will probably move to Central or South America within the next 2 years, when my husband retires from teaching.

Happy to "live" here more and more frequently,

:bighug:

Who are you?

My name is Jenn, mom to my daughter, Shauna, she will turn 4 years old on Dec. 26th. I have a wonderful boyfriend of 3 years, his name is Rich. I work full time as an Insurance Agent, which takes up most of my time.

What do you love most?

Of course I love my family more than anything but what you ask... my hobbies are digital scrapbooking... of course ( guess I wouldn't be here otherwise ;)). I also enjoy reading... always love a new book.

Where do you live? Barrie, ON - Canada

Archived