Who What Where

Guest Teresa P

Hi! I'm Barbara and new to digital scrapbooking (never say you can't teach an old dog new tricks) but an old hand at scrapbooking.

Mom to Keith (45) and David (43) and the kitties Shadow, Simba and Tigger. Love gardening, reading, sewing and scrapping. I also pet sit and sing all while working full time.

Live in tidewater VA and love it here after moving more than 20 times in 20 years.

:clapping_kitty:

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Barbara! You will catch on quickly and have FUN on Scrap Girls! Do sign up to get the newsletter, the 15 free things you should know about digital scrapbooking and the Free Refresh 2 kit. Feel free to jump in on any topic of subject you wish...Again Welcome!

Hi I'm Mimi and I am so new at this I don't know where to start. I have thousands of pictures of my 3 year old son and I realised I am not using them for nothing just sit on my computer and very rarely open them and when I do I 'm thinking I have to do something with these photos. Well, I decided to start this year ... I will make it my new year resolution ... I want to puchase one of the enbelishment pacages and I was wondering if you can recomend one that might be a good starter parcage that has some Christmas stuff cuz I'm thinking it will be easier to start with this years Christmas pictues and then go back through 3 years of pictures and pick the ones I want to use. I'm have no clue how to use Photoshop but I was thinking maybe if I have some embelishments and some photos I can play around to start with. Please I can use any advise I can get... I have d/lded free guide I'll have to go through it and apply it and see if I can follow some directions. I know what I like and I can recognized other people's great wotk but I have my doubts about my creativity. HELP :banghead:

Hi I'm Mimi and I am so new at this I don't know where to start. I have thousands of pictures of my 3 year old son and I realised I am not using them for nothing just sit on my computer and very rarely open them and when I do I 'm thinking I have to do something with these photos. Well, I decided to start this year ... I will make it my new year resolution ... I want to puchase one of the enbelishment pacages and I was wondering if you can recomend one that might be a good starter parcage that has some Christmas stuff cuz I'm thinking it will be easier to start with this years Christmas pictues and then go back through 3 years of pictures and pick the ones I want to use. I'm have no clue how to use Photoshop but I was thinking maybe if I have some embelishments and some photos I can play around to start with. Please I can use any advise I can get... I have d/lded free guide I'll have to go through it and apply it and see if I can follow some directions. I know what I like and I can recognized other people's great wotk but I have my doubts about my creativity. HELP :banghead:

The easiest way is to go to the categories on the left and

down to shop by theme

and choose Christmas.

You then see all the christmas stuff.

The biggie Collections have background papers,embellishments,alpha,wordart

so you get everything.

Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed

You want to check out and get.

You see the Secrets Book on Boutique Front Page center

in Customer Favorites.

Under each one it tells which versions it is for

so you can purchase the right one.

If you get stuck you just post your Questions

under Digital Scrapbooking and Design Software

or the how to forum under Questions or Comment.

When posting questions it is good to include

more specfics like PSE 5 6 7 or PSCS CS2 CS3

so we know which Photo Shop program.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. :)

I'm Nicky and have been a member a while, but obviously haven't been participating much. But I plan to. :)

I live in Alaska (it's about -20 degrees F right now!)

I love: well, my kids first and foremost, and then scrapbooking, photography, camping, and, I'll be honest, watching TV. ;)

And I can't remember the last question. lol

:) Happy New Year!

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and only joined a few days ago. Still new to digital scrapbooking but LOVING it. Have been a regular scrapbooker for around 5 years. Just wish I had more time to devote to my new passion - maybe 2009 will be the year my baby boy will sleep lol!!!!!!

I am wife to Tony and mum to Vittoria (15yo DD), Claudia (12yo DD), Alexandra (8yo DD) and Toby (11mo DH - our 2007 surprise package!)

I LOVE my kids, my DH and scrapbooking, watching tv, reading, crossword puzzles - oh and of course family and friends!

I live in Perth, Western Australia and it's REALLY hot here at the moment.

Donna

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and only joined a few days ago. Still new to digital scrapbooking but LOVING it. Have been a regular scrapbooker for around 5 years. Just wish I had more time to devote to my new passion - maybe 2009 will be the year my baby boy will sleep lol!!!!!!

I am wife to Tony and mum to Vittoria (15yo DD), Claudia (12yo DD), Alexandra (8yo DD) and Toby (11mo DH - our 2007 surprise package!)

I LOVE my kids, my DH and scrapbooking, watching tv, reading, crossword puzzles - oh and of course family and friends!

I live in Perth, Western Australia and it's REALLY hot here at the moment.

Donna

Hi Donna and welcome to SG. I am Sara and have been a member for I think over a year now and I am totattly addicted to digi-scrapping. So much fun to get on the MB, the games, and oh, the friends you will make. Enjoy!

I am Jan, wife to Barry, mom to Brett, Joanie, and Michelle, & grandmother (Jama) to Ben(4), Scarlett(2), and Ava(4months). I live in Texas in the Dallas/Fort Worth area or what is called the Metroplex.

I am a retired educator. I am becoming a ScrapGirls Junky which is starting to drive my husband nuts. I take the classes and have lots of things I want to create, but end up deleting most of them. I think I am a "want to be artist" in a non-artistic body. I do enjoy it though. I think 2009 will be my breakout year for digital scrapbooking.

My favorite activity is spending time with my family. However, I also love to be outdoors, take pictures, play golf, walk my dog, travel, and go bird watching with my husband. I see so many beautiful things while doing my outdoor activities, I just want to capture them all.

Hi, another new member here. I joined to take a class and I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm Lisa, wife to Andy and mom to Nicki, Tony and Drew and 2 cute kitties.

I love taking pictures of nature and my family and trying to scrap them. {WAYYY behind}

We live in Georgia (South East USA)

Hi! My name is Kati and I've done a little bit of digital scrapbooking and have been receiving/reading the ScrapGirls newsletter for over a year, but have decided that one of my goals for 2009 is to become more accomplished in the area of digital scrapbooking. So, I figured exploring the SG site more would be a good start. I live in a small rural town in mid-Michigan, I'm a school librarian and I'm married with 2 children (boys)! I have too many hobbies (stamping, cross stitching, reading, scrapbooking ...) and never enough time. I look forward to learning more here at SG!!

I am Jan, wife to Barry, mom to Brett, Joanie, and Michelle, & grandmother (Jama) to Ben(4), Scarlett(2), and Ava(4months). I live in Texas in the Dallas/Fort Worth area or what is called the Metroplex.

I am a retired educator. I am becoming a ScrapGirls Junky which is starting to drive my husband nuts. I take the classes and have lots of things I want to create, but end up deleting most of them. I think I am a "want to be artist" in a non-artistic body. I do enjoy it though. I think 2009 will be my breakout year for digital scrapbooking.

My favorite activity is spending time with my family. However, I also love to be outdoors, take pictures, play golf, walk my dog, travel, and go bird watching with my husband. I see so many beautiful things while doing my outdoor activities, I just want to capture them all.

I am in DFW also! More Texas girls! Woohoo!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is (mommy..or thats all i can every remember being called lol) Monica wife to Steve mommy to 3 beautiful girls Sarah 6yrs, Rebeca 3yrs, Rachel 2 mnths

What I love most is my hubby and my princesses. But before they came in to my life I lived for all crafts, Quilting, painting, drawing. Now that I have kids I scrapbook and love it very much but on a very tight budget its very hard. So i was thinking of didgi scraping but I need to be able to do it cost effectively. I need to find out what printer is the best for printing and what printers don't have chips in the ink cartrages so I can refill them . I have the adobe photo shop 7 but haven't installed it yet. looking forward to meeting everyone here. I have been receiving the news letter for more than a yr and didn't think to download all the great downloads in the letters lol silly me!

We live in beautiful Ontario Canada We love every season.

Hi my name is (mommy..or thats all i can every remember being called lol) Monica wife to Steve mommy to 3 beautiful girls Sarah 6yrs, Rebeca 3yrs, Rachel 2 mnths

What I love most is my hubby and my princesses. But before they came in to my life I lived for all crafts, Quilting, painting, drawing. Now that I have kids I scrapbook and love it very much but on a very tight budget its very hard. So i was thinking of didgi scraping but I need to be able to do it cost effectively. I need to find out what printer is the best for printing and what printers don't have chips in the ink cartrages so I can refill them . I have the adobe photo shop 7 but haven't installed it yet. looking forward to meeting everyone here. I have been receiving the news letter for more than a yr and didn't think to download all the great downloads in the letters lol silly me!

We live in beautiful Ontario Canada We love every season.

Welcome Monica to the best place on the Web anywhere!

Printer Cost depends on what you really want to use it for...8x8 or 12x12 layouts. I do 8x8 and I have a HP All in one printer that uses #21 and 22 color cartridges from Staples. An Epson is also recommended. I think some have said they like Canon...however, I would NOT recommend a Lexmark as that costs the earth in ink supplies.

Hello there,

I am Sarah new to the SAHM gig and loving it! Also brand new to digital scrapbooking, and chat rooms, and forums. Feeling a bit overwealmed...

I love most... Chris my wonderful husband, being able to raise Owen our 8 month old son at home, and anything do-it-your self from haircuts (Chris's not mine :)) to home improvements, to scrapping, card making, origami mobiles, sewing, home decorating... Any outdoor activities such as hiking with our 2 dogs, skiing, biking, kyaking, camping etc... and of course who doesn't love CHOCOLATE!

We live in Chapel Hill, NC, but was born and raised in Michigan.

Hello there,

I am Sarah new to the SAHM gig and loving it! Also brand new to digital scrapbooking, and chat rooms, and forums. Feeling a bit overwealmed...

I love most... Chris my wonderful husband, being able to raise Owen our 8 month old son at home, and anything do-it-your self from haircuts (Chris's not mine :)) to home improvements, to scrapping, card making, origami mobiles, sewing, home decorating... Any outdoor activities such as hiking with our 2 dogs, skiing, biking, kyaking, camping etc... and of course who doesn't love CHOCOLATE!

We live in Chapel Hill, NC, but was born and raised in Michigan.

Welcome to Scrap Girls! Have you signed up for the newsletter and downloaded the freebies? Feel free to join in any challenges and jump in feet first anytime :)

Welcome to Scrap Girls, all of you! I can think of anywhere I had rather be than here - the boutique, the designers, the MB, the friends, the advice, the prayers - it's all good I can promise you that you won't find another scrapping club anything like it. Before I found SG, I had dabbled in some others, but they just were not what I wanted. Enjoy! And ask questions - and post your layouts - and get on the games on the MB - I promise you fun and laughs and friends. Enjoy!

Welcome to Scrap Girls, all of you! I can think of anywhere I had rather be than here - the boutique, the designers, the MB, the friends, the advice, the prayers - it's all good I can promise you that you won't find another scrapping club anything like it. Before I found SG, I had dabbled in some others, but they just were not what I wanted. Enjoy! And ask questions - and post your layouts - and get on the games on the MB - I promise you fun and laughs and friends. Enjoy!

Hi Sara! I see you are from Hendersonville. My husband and I are planning to visit Hendersonville soon. Our kids want to go snow tubing and someone suggested Moonshine Mountain. I of course, just want to make sure I have some pictures of snow! We don't ever get snow here. :)

Hi Sara! I see you are from Hendersonville. My husband and I are planning to visit Hendersonville soon. Our kids want to go snow tubing and someone suggested Moonshine Mountain. I of course, just want to make sure I have some pictures of snow! We don't ever get snow here. :)

Moonshine Mountain is so much fun - your kids will love it and so will you. PM me and I will give you my phone number - maybe you can call me when you come. Where do you live?

Hey, I'm Belinda a work at home wife to a husband on swing shifts. I have 3 grown children and 6 grandchildren all of whom I love photographing. I live in comfort in the winter on the Gulf Coast of South Texas and in Air Conditioning in the summer!

I found Scrap Girls awhile back and have been reading the newsletters and e-books trying to grasp the concepts of Scrapbooking. I have 3 generations worth of photos that need to be scanned, and turned into something other than dust collectors. I really think Scrap Girls with all the cumulative knowledge and creativeness can help this old dog learn a new trick or two and make something worth sharing with my children and all the extend family.

Hi I'm Lyz and just a newbie!I'm married to Paul and have 4 Kids. Lauren(20) Sam(9) Joe(5) and Charlie(2). We have tropical fish.

My fave things are paper scrapbooking, card making and cross stitching in all those 'free' hours I have in the day! I love scrapgirls for the chat and the muses coz they always say just what you need at the time!

We live in the North East of the UK in a small ex-mining village.

Hi. I am Pam, wife to Brian, and mother to 3 beautiful children, Joshua (27), Jacob (17) and Ashley (12). I decided to be a professional mom! Actually I just graduated in December with my Master's Degree in Mathematics Education but am currently unemployed (at least until August). I, now, find myself with lots of time so began to look seriously at this digital scrapbooking. I am having fun but there is so much to learn. Oh, we also have 1 dog, 2 cats, 1 guinea pig, 2 chickens and 1 hermit crab. :dancingchicken2:

WELCOME EVERYONE NEW TO SG! You will love it here - as I always like to say, SG is the friendliest town around and the friends you will make are amazing. Plus, all the goodies they have to offer from our very talented designers. Good luck and hope to see you on the MB. It's like a party here all the time.

Sara

:having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party:

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Joyce and am totally new and green to digi scrapping.

I asked for and got PSE for Christmas and have been a rubber stamper for years, making greeting cards and such, but never could get into scrapbooking. I always said that if I could do it on the computer, I might be more inclined to scrap. I'm looking forward to learning PSE and just orderd the beginning tutorials from SC. I live in the midwest, USA and love my DH, my two cats, golf and games of all kinds, and of course stamping.

Looking forward to this new adventure.

Archived