Who What Where

Guest Teresa P

:newbie:

'Ello all! I'm Audra, SAHM to my babies: Duncan (4), Keegan (3), Siobhan (1, pronounced shivawn), and Braedan (due Christmas Day, lucky us, lol!) and wife to Matthew (4 yrs.)

I love: all the obvious things like my family and being a SAHM (even when Keegan dumps the salad dressing on the floor and swims in it...). I also love scrapping, taking pictures (I won't go so far as to say what I do is photography , it's kind of more point, click and hope with these kids!), eating, sleeping (or at least my memories of it!), music, making stuff, being outside and the dream I have of one day not having to vacuum 7 times a day... :superhero: LOL!

We currently live in Clarksville, TN, but have spent the last 4 years moving back and forth between here (my husband's AD Army, stationed here) and our hometown in the NE corner of OH during his deployments.

Oh yeah, and here's my disclosure: I have a rare condition where anything more technologically advanced than my microwave oven becomes extremely, suddenly and randomly allergic to me! I don't think it's contagious...

You guys have the best smileys, EVER!

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, welcome, welcome to all of you - just catching up with this thread and I can't believe all the new members we have! You will all love it here - best scrappin' site on the net as far as I am concerned and I don't think anyone else would say any differently either! Not only do we scrap but we have made sooooo many friends - good, loyal friends that are always there when we need then for troubles or to share a happiness. Enjoy and hope to see all of you on the MB games.

'Ello all! I'm Audra, SAHM to my babies: Duncan (4), Keegan (3), Siobhan (1, pronounced shivawn), and Braedan (due Christmas Day, lucky us, lol!) and wife to Matthew (4 yrs.)

I love: all the obvious things like my family and being a SAHM (even when Keegan dumps the salad dressing on the floor and swims in it...). I also love scrapping, taking pictures (I won't go so far as to say what I do is photography , it's kind of more point, click and hope with these kids!), eating, sleeping (or at least my memories of it!), music, making stuff, being outside and the dream I have of one day not having to vacuum 7 times a day... :superhero: LOL!

We currently live in Clarksville, TN, but have spent the last 4 years moving back and forth between here (my husband's AD Army, stationed here) and our hometown in the NE corner of OH during his deployments.

Oh yeah, and here's my disclosure: I have a rare condition where anything more technologically advanced than my microwave oven becomes extremely, suddenly and randomly allergic to me! I don't think it's contagious...

Welcome to Scrap Girls Audra! You will love it here!

Hello,

My name is Lynne and I live in Oregon. I have a husband of 51 years, (I FINALLY have him well trained :dancingelephant: ), 2 daughters, 2 granddaughters, 1 grandson, 3 g-grandsons and a fairly new g-granddaughter. I started paper scrapping about 5 years ago, but other than collecting stuff, never was happy with any thing I did. I do like the cards I make. 3 years or so ago I discovered digi scrapping. What a joy! If I didn't like something I could change it with a click. I am mostly doing heritage layouts and stories that I remember from my childhood. My other hobby is genealogy and I know how much I wish my family had left me stories or even named the people in old pictures. I am pretty much self taught on PSE and just now beginning to take classes and join in on sites. This was one of the first sites I discovered and thought I should start participating in things. Don't know how regular I'll be, but am willing to give it a shot. Everyone here seems to be so nice and friendly, so hope they will forgive my blunders on chats and the message board. This is probably more than you really wanted to know, but it does give you clues about me. Hope to make the next newbie chat.

Who are you?

First and foremost I am me. Then a wife, a mother and a friend. I stay at home full time. Can't work due to having quite severe ME/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). Taking each day for what it is, and doing a little at a time.

What do you love most?

My husband, the kids, my/our friends, music, singing, dancing, digital scrapbooking, reading (especially Wheel Of Time by Robert Jordan).

Where do you live?

Norway

Hello,

My name is Lynne and I live in Oregon. I have a husband of 51 years, (I FINALLY have him well trained :dancingelephant: ), 2 daughters, 2 granddaughters, 1 grandson, 3 g-grandsons and a fairly new g-granddaughter. I started paper scrapping about 5 years ago, but other than collecting stuff, never was happy with any thing I did. I do like the cards I make. 3 years or so ago I discovered digi scrapping. What a joy! If I didn't like something I could change it with a click. I am mostly doing heritage layouts and stories that I remember from my childhood. My other hobby is genealogy and I know how much I wish my family had left me stories or even named the people in old pictures. I am pretty much self taught on PSE and just now beginning to take classes and join in on sites. This was one of the first sites I discovered and thought I should start participating in things. Don't know how regular I'll be, but am willing to give it a shot. Everyone here seems to be so nice and friendly, so hope they will forgive my blunders on chats and the message board. This is probably more than you really wanted to know, but it does give you clues about me. Hope to make the next newbie chat.

Welcome Lynne! I'm in Roseburg! You will have a blast at these Chats, Message Boards and everything else!

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME to SG Lynne and Audra - just wait for the obsession to set it and the addiction - you can't get away from this warm and fuzzy little purple place once you get started. Hope to see you on the games and see some of your layouts. We have a great team here and a wonderful circle of friends.

:having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party: :having-a-party:

Hi all... My name is Eva, married for 16 years to Karl. We don't have any children but do have lots of nieces and nephews. We can be the indulgent aunt and uncle.

I have lots of hobbies; weaving, needlepoint, jewelry (beads & precious metal clay), leather, photography and beginning scrapping. I'm retired for medical reasons and am a one arm scrapper (amputee).

I live in the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan and love it.

Games? I love games! Where do I find them?

(Forgive me, I've been sans caffeine for the better part of 4 months now and my brain is starting to drip out...)

:banghead:

Looks as if you found them! Glad to see you on the games!

I am Carrie, I am a WAHM to 2 boys, Dalyn 12 and Laine 6. Wife to Scott.

I love Digital Scrapbooking, I l really enjoy designing scrapbooking graphics. I love my family, my friends and my dog Gracie, The only other girl in the house! LOL Life is good!

We live in Southern, Ontario Canada :)

My name is Ruth, am married to Eian (not quite 15 years), stepmother to Glen, Karla and Lee. We've got 3 grand sons and a baby on the way (I am sooooo hoping it,s a girl)

I have discovered digi scrapping and love experimenting on PSE, hav'nt produced anything useful yet, but am hoping to do so soon one day lol

I/We live in Whitianga, a beautiful tourist spot in the North Island of New Zealand for part of the year and in Mutchilba, Far North Queensland Australia the other part. Here we grow Mangoes and Avocados.

My loves and interests are; Family, ScrapGirls(I've collected a huge number of things already), fishing, photography (not good, but lots of fun) animals, practicaly most things in life.

Hope that has painted a reasonable picture of who I am :)

Who

Me! I'm Jen and new to the addicting world of scrapbooking, be it paper or digital.

What

My wonderful husband of a little over a year and my two furry kitty babies. I love taking photos of my family and friends and am finally doing something with them! LOL Of course I work at a computer all day so when I get home at night I usually don't want to sit down at one again but soon my creativity will win out...it is Friday after all...

Where

The suburbs of Schenectady, NY which is about 20 minutes outside of Albany for those of you playing along at home. Hmm, though from the sounds of the weather perhaps I should say "soon to be underwater!"

Hello everyone,

My name is Danielle. Yesterday while working on a photo collage on PSE, I was unhappy with the results. I loved the pictures but wanted more dimension or layering. So the quest began. I found the site by searching for graduation card layouts. I purchased the set, and have spent most of the night playing around and trying to get it to look the way I'd like it to, if I were traditionally scrapbooking.

I then downloaded the secrets of digital scrapbooking for here and am trying to do a page step by step so it will sink in. I think the learning curve will be steep but I can already see how this will change the face of my scrapbooking.

4 1/2 years ago I opened a knitting boutique in my hometown of Elk Grove, CA. Since then I haven't done very many layouts. With four children, you can imagine the pictures that have built up. I have a customer hopefully coming in today to help me with my collage. My oldest son, is leaving in 3 weeks to join the Air Force, and I'm trying to do an invitation to a going away party with 3 different pictures. I think this new avenue will be good therapy as my first baby leaves the nest.

At some point, I'll figure out how to upload it here to show you all.

I look forward to meeting you all and seeing all the beautiful pages you've created,

Danielle

Elk Grove, CA

I think I should disclose that rare condition also. ;o) Even while doing the tutorials, I want mine to look and behave exactly as the video, and I'm frustrated when I can't make that occur. It looks like there is a lot of support on here, so we may be slowly cured of our condition.

Have fun,

Danielle

Welcome to Scrap Girls Danielle! You will find lots of friendly faces here and lots of help for your software. I see you have the secrets. Did you sign up for the newsletter?? I hear you on 4 children as my oldest is a mom of 4 all under the age of 7. She's too busy to take photos much less anything else. You can always post a HELP in the I want everyone to know this area of the Forum if you need it :D Again Welcome!!

I'm Anne.

I LOVE my family. I also love reading, genealogy, photographs and old things (like my great-grandmother's treadle sewing machine and my great-grandfather's best suit...the one he was married in but couldn't be buried in because it didn't fit!) Maybe I should do a layout of that?

I'm currently in Virgina, USA...but that could change soon!

I'm Laurie, wife to Robert and Mama to our 6 month old Shih Tsu cross puppy, Bandit! runningdog.gif

I love to read, knit, crochet, camp, fish, work as a Girl Guide leader and of course Scrapbook, though I'm just learning to do it digitally.

I'm from the beautiful Creston Valley in Southeast British Columbia.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Mary Ann and live near Dallas. I found Scrap Girls the end of June when I was deciding how to scrap an Alaskan cruise I had just taken with my daughter's family. I had done digital scrapbooks years ago on Publisher, but of course, that was nothing compared to using Photoshop and ScrapGirl supplies. I had paper scrapped since then, but I wanted to be able to share my book with my daughter, so digital seemed a good idea. It has taken 10 weeks to see the final fruit of my labor, but Tuesday in the mail, I got the finished result - my published scrapbook which I had printed on Fuji Archival photo paper - 50 pages. It came out amazing, and I am so happy with it!

I started with the free kit from ScrapGirls to see if it was something I could get the hang of, then ordered the Photoshop tutorial from Scrap Girls; by the end of the project, I had to go back and redo the first few pages as I had learned so much they didn't compare with the last pages! I have looked a little elsewhere for supplies, but cannot believe how childish some sites are and always come back to Scrap Girls for almost all my things.

I have two grown daughters who live within 1/2 mile and have blessed us with 5 granddaughters and one more due in Dec. My husband and I love to travel, especially cruise, and I have scrapbooked almost all of our travels. Some day soon, I need to redo all my daughters' photo albums, but for now, I am going to try to scrapbook the year's events as they occur. That's a big job as I am already behind 2 birthdays and Labor Day!

So glad to have found such a great site and group of people!

Welcome to Scrap Girls Anne, Laurie and Mary Ann. We are happy you are here and Mary Ann I am enjoying your "gushing" about your first book and I just might try that company you used myself for my Scrap Girls 52 Album when its done at the end of this year :) I scrap 8x8 so I'm thinking that might work :)

Hi,

My name is Suzan. I have been married to Gary for 33.5 years. We are the parents of 2 grown sons, Stephen (30) and Mark (27). We have one pet, a pug named Otis (4). Our other pug, Mr. Pugsley (5) passed away in Feb from diabetes. I have been retired from teaching for 5 years.

I love my family and pet! I have just begun, but I love digital scrapping, too!

I live in the northwestern part of Kentucky, in the country.

Vaughnde,

They do 8x8's and it is much cheaper than 12x12's but by the time I thought about all that, it would have involved re-doing too many pages because the text would have been too small for 8x8 layouts. Definitely something that I will think about before I start the next big project.

Thanks for the welcome!

Mary Ann

I've been around a few weeks now and thought it was about time to add my info:

Who are you?

Lisa, wife, mother, scrapper

What do you love most?

my family! They are truly what I live for!

Where do you live?

Anchorage, AK We just moved back this summer after a 9 year stay in Oregon, and I'm very happy to be home.

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Pat

I am a physician. I have 5 children, ages 7-37 years; 3 grandchildren ages 1-3 years. I live in the midwest.

I enjoy doing things with my family especially vacations. We like to ski, scuba dive, and travel.

I have been a traditional scrapbooker for years along with loving photography. I have just gotten adobe photoshop elements 7 and am trying to learn how to use it. I have previously only used my computer for journeling (bad handwriting) and titles. Now, I want to start digital scrapbooking and have been doing some downloads. I am a bit overwhelmed. I joined this forum (my first) to learn more.

Welcome Pat! (from another Pat :)) Thanks for introducing yourself. Can I assume from your screen name that you are an OB/Gyn? We have at least one other doctor here at Scrap Girls. Her name is Sandi and her screen name is Scrappindoc. She's in KC.

There are lots of PSE users here so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Hi, I'm Cris, wife to Bill, mother of 2,grandmother of 3 and slave to 3 cats.

I love most things creative - sewing, knitting, spinning, weaving, beading, tatting and the latest obsession is digi scrapping. Years ago I tried to do paper scrapping with my mom and sister. They both have numerous scrapbooks and all I have is a closet full of supplies. I just got overwhelmed whenever I would try to do a layout. I do make cards here and there and a few weeks ago I was looking for ideas for making Christmas cards and came across ScrapGirls. This is exactly what I have been looking for!! I bought PSE7 and have tried a few layouts. I am really anxious to get to the point where I can create my own elements. (the Christmas cards will probably wait a while)

I live in western Wisconsin - about nine miles from Minnesota and I work in St Paul.

I look forward to getting to know some of you,

Cris G

Archived